Anyone buy from Smalldog?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Just wondering if this is a good online store. They seem to be reputable, but you never know these days with fancy looking websites.

thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 19
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Many times, always received great service.

One of the good sites to buy from.
  • Reply 2 of 19
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Me too. Bought a lot of stuff there. They do this wierd thing where the REPLY to email that you send them. Plus you get small plastic dogs in the box with your order.

If Smalldogs is within $5 of the best price I just buy from them.
  • Reply 3 of 19
    Very good online store. You should feel very comfortable with them.
  • Reply 4 of 19
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    They used to have a policy that they couldn't sell you new Apple computers unless you've been to the store in person before. I'm not sure why this was so (they said it was something Apple makes them do) or if this is still true. But I've never heard a bad thing about them. And they seem like a cool company, to boot.
  • Reply 5 of 19
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    That was Apple's rule not Smalldogs'. I think right now you have to be an online customer to buy Apple hardware from Smalldogs. I used to know why that was in place but .... :confused:

<a href="http://www.smalldog.com/faq_n.html"; target="_blank">Smalldog FAQ</a>

[quote]

Q:Can I buy my new Mac at your web site?

A:Our contract with Apple limits sales of new Apple product on the Internet to our existing customers, the members of our Top Dog Club. If you are not a previous customer you are welcome to purchase new Apple product at our Waitsfield, Vermont location. If you are interested in the current Apple offerings, please give us a call so that we may provide you with a quotation for your needs.<hr></blockquote>
  • Reply 6 of 19
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    They also do not ship to Canada.
  • Reply 7 of 19
    I'm about to buy a Refurbished G4 Dual Ghz from Smalldog.com

the reasons, saving 200 bucks on price(refurb)

saving 300 bucks on sales tax(they don't impose a sales tax, just shipping)

true I'll be paying a little more for shipping, but its worth it.

Furthermore they are situated in Vermont, and I trust anyone from vermont(with people like Ben and jerry's and Phish, they can't be that bad of a place

damn they also have a refurb windows iPod(5 gig)for $209! thats pretty cheap

[ 12-12-2002: Message edited by: Wrong Robust ]</p>
  • Reply 8 of 19
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    [quote]Originally posted by Wrong Robust:

<strong>

damn they also have a refurb windows iPod(5 gig)for $209! thats pretty cheap

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Not any more. It's not on their site. But I suspect there will be more of the 5 giger somewhere as it's probably going to be EOL soon.
  • Reply 9 of 19
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    i'm going to throw another shout out for them. absolutely wonderful company...always respond to emails, ship quickly and will stand behind what they sell for sure.

my #1 recommended mac store.
  • Reply 10 of 19
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Anyone ship to Canada without charging tax, at least provincial?
  • Reply 11 of 19
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I ordered LCD cleaner from them once lol. My mom's got the little dogs upstairs by one of the TVs.
  • Reply 12 of 19
    Extremely reliable and staffed by people willing and able to go the extra mile to give great customer service instead of merely good. Not sure you could find a better place to do business with.
  • Reply 13 of 19
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    They are awesome! Why? They are from Vermont that's why! This also makes me curious as to why they don't ship to Canada
  • Reply 14 of 19
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    I got my G4 933 from them. No problems, no taxes, what more could you ask for? Oh, they are priced extremely competitive, and stock new, used and refurbished equipment.

One issue is that their site doesn't seem to have live updating, so, if there's only one left, better call to make sure. Friendly staff.
  • Reply 15 of 19
    Hey, I actually stopped by Small Dog this past summer when I was in Vermont (Waitsfield). It was as I expected, a bunch of guys and gals answering the phone and sending emails. And yes, there was a small dog that ran to the front door to greet me. I'm not sure how that works with a dog being in a computer shop, since my puppy loves to chew on wires, but I digress. Small Dog also has a strawberry iMac hanging from a wire near the front drive. It's easy to see from the road. Looked like a bunch of trustworthy folks to me. Plus, I know where to find them if I need to.

Oh yeah, and the people in Vermont are the nicest people on the planet bar none.

[ 12-13-2002: Message edited by: gobble gobble ]</p>
  • Reply 16 of 19
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    <a href="http://www.smalldog.com/dogcam-marketing.html"; target="_blank">even some livecams !</a>
  • Reply 17 of 19
    Another shootout for smalldog. Bought a refurbished PB: no hassle, competetive price. The screen had a problem, but the factory warrantee took care of it.
  • Reply 18 of 19
    [quote]Originally posted by gordy:

<strong>I got my G4 933 from them. No problems, no taxes, what more could you ask for? Oh, they are priced extremely competitive, and stock new, used and refurbished equipment.

One issue is that their site doesn't seem to have live updating, so, if there's only one left, better call to make sure. Friendly staff.</strong><hr></blockquote>

they do have live updating..its just not always exact...its probably every 5 or 10 minutes though.

cause when I was going to buy a dual ghz from them a few months ago they had 20 left...the next morning they had 13 then later in the morning I watched it go from 8 to 4 to 3 to 2 to 1 all in the span of about 3 hours.(the last few were even closer together)
  • Reply 19 of 19
    I bought a couple of items from them as well, including the new 10GB iPod. I love their service, so there is nothing wrong shopping with them.