You've got to love Google... Er, Froogle!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Be <a href="http://froogle.google.com/"; target="_blank">Froogle</a>!

I love Google to bits. Let's hope it never goes the way of the Yahoo!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    O JOY! Now when I search for "dildo" I can get this!

Searched for 'dildo'. Search took 0.04 seconds.

Showing 1-10 of 31674 results in All categories

Joy! Now I can buy 31,674 different models all from the privacy of my own home....

I dunno, too many things like this already. Ebay is cheaper anyway. You can buy just about anything online, and 'one' search engine which will inevitably become 'sponsored' isn't a good solution. It just encourages folks to buy from the ONE source instead of shopping around on their own. Folks just don't realize that pricewatch isn't the ONLY site of it's kind. Shopping around is something you should learn to do, and this site ignores it.

{ka-chick} &lt;- that's my stamp that says "I'll never use it"

[ 12-12-2002: Message edited by: Not Unlike Myself ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 14
    bellebelle Posts: 1,574member
    Actually, many of your concerns are unfounded. Read the <a href="http://froogle.google.com/froogle/about.html"; target="_blank">FAQ</a>.

eBay's fine if you're looking for used goods, or to be ripped off by some ass in Albania offering you a PowerBook for $10, but if you want to check prices from online stores, Froogle's looking good.

It's not restricted to a subset of "chosen" retailers.
  • Reply 3 of 14
    As usual, the PC sucks, and the computer I'm on tossed the followup post that I posted, SO here I go round 2 again, again.

In short... Try a search for "Zip Zap" a radio shack mini rc racer. You'll get 2 knock offs before the real thing (which is on EBAY on page 2).

Why are all you googlites so religiously attached to a stupid search engine? Without decent sites to pull from the engine isn't worth it's name. In any case, you just wait and see. When this goes out of beta, folks aren't gonna flock to it and it's not gonna be the next 'big thing'. Simply put there are better ways of finding what you want. This is a good solution for people who want to put zero effort into finding a quality product at a good price. They will get an overprices lower quality product for their troubles. Just try doing some familier searches.... iMac, eMac, iBook, OS X, Coca-Cola, and try "ET". All of these produce interesting results. My point? It isn't gonna be that great and I'm not impressed. But it appears that you are....

The Apple Store isn't even LISTED.

<a href="http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=playstation+2&price1=90&price2=180&price =between&btnP=Go" target="_blank">Look at this search for a PS 2</a>

The #2 result is a bogus one (which isn't even for sale anymore) from half.com What purpose does bad information serve a searcher?

[ 12-12-2002: Message edited by: Not Unlike Myself ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 14
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I can't believe this BETA version is not 100% perfect. How dare they release it.

Thanks so much for informing us, NUM.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    damn froggle beta...i can't believe they don't list the apple site so i can go there to be linked to the apple site...why put in 1 URL when i can?:

put in a URL

and then type in the name

and then click on a Link

finally have the page load
  • Reply 6 of 14
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    I try to search my name in Google and i found me two times
  • Reply 7 of 14
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    you think google is overwhelmed by advertisers throwing money to boost their search results? just wait until FROOGLE!!! advertisers will be throwing sooooooooo much money their way
  • Reply 8 of 14
    [quote]Originally posted by Not Unlike Myself:

<strong><a href="http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=playstation+2&price1=90&price2=180&price =between&btnP=Go" target="_blank">Look at this search for a PS 2</a>

The #2 result is a bogus one (which isn't even for sale anymore) from half.com What purpose does bad information serve a searcher?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Actually, it's hosted at eBay, and you can find the same bogus deal by searching there.

To get the best out of Google, you need to be a little smarter than the average bear when choosing your search terms and refining the search results. Same goes for Froogle.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    [quote] a little smarter than the average bear when choosing your search terms and refining the search results <hr></blockquote>

shit....that leaves me out.....g
  • Reply 10 of 14
    [quote]Originally posted by thegelding:

<strong>shit....that leaves me out.....g</strong><hr></blockquote>

Awww, <a href="http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/KidsClick!/"; target="_blank">here you go</a>, sweetheart.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    THANKS dear...almost the perfect site for me to use....but when i put in dildo like "NUM" did, i got no hits!! dang, now i will never know what a dildo is....g
  • Reply 12 of 14
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    You want pictures of kids with a dildo? No sweat. Here is a pic of Kevin Dill's kids with a doe. The DILL DOE:

heh heh... google is cool.

What a touching photo.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    [quote]Why are all you googlites so religiously attached to a stupid search engine?<hr></blockquote>

I think that by logical extension, we all know the answer to that one.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    i search "apple computer" and found this:

ViaVoice for Macintosh OSX 3.0

This product is not yet published. You may order it now, and we will ship it to you when it arrives.

<a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005NZXO/002-9640379-6316839"; target="_blank">amazon</a>

[ 12-14-2002: Message edited by: starland ]</p>