Inside iOS 10: With Game Center app gone, invites are managed by Messages

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 35
    I play HD, but now remove GC, but it's hard to play without neighbours, can you help me to bring GC friends list back into my game?
    beccando
  • Reply 22 of 35
    I never found much use for Game Center. It was annoying receiving random friend requests from people I didn't know. On a side note, is it me or did the Apple TV remote app stop working ever since iOS 10? My ATV4 shows up, but it will never connect. 
  • Reply 23 of 35
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Why did this appear on my lock screen could someone tell me?

http://i.imgur.com/uQVjzvP.jpg

I never game and don't have this game installed and sliding opens the page for this app on App Store. I just don't get it.
    edited September 2016
  • Reply 24 of 35
    ireland said:

I never game and don't have this game installed and sliding opens the page for this app on App Store. I just don't get it.
    I believe that happens when another person challenges you to a game.
  • Reply 25 of 35
    1983 said:
    A quick question though: Where do we see our achievements and overall scores? This really seems like a step backwards since we apparently will no longer have achievements.
    Good question, I'd like to read some answers to that too.
    I just wanted to see a list of my friends and couldn't locate it.
  • Reply 26 of 35
    ireland said:

I believe that happens when another person challenges you to a game.
    Yes, but this isn't an iMessage invite? And without the GC app—I don't game—I felt forced to unfriend all. If I had a viewable list there and then I could have deleted who I felt may have been the cause of this. I would have assumed the invite would have informed my who this challenge was coming form? I thought it was a spam notification somehow.
    edited September 2016
  • Reply 27 of 35
    SexzkittenSexzkitten Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    I would also like to know how to add a profile picture for our games since uno used to have you use the game center profile pic, can we only login with facebook to get a profile pic now?
  • Reply 28 of 35
    I play walking war robots and have built my friends list for two years! Now my friendlist ingame is empty and i cant open gamecenter to see all my friends. I know how to get to gamecenter in setting but thats no help because im already logged in! I dont understand why that had to be changed!
  • Reply 29 of 35
    DeltaFoxtrot1217DeltaFoxtrot1217 Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    Since Apple deleted Game Center it's now close to impossible to make a new Game Center account because with me I need to make another account but when I looked on the internet and though my phone I can't find where to create a new account so please either tell me how to make a new account or being the app back
  • Reply 30 of 35
    UltraDaSilva UltraDaSilva Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    Awful decision. It was really the only reason I continued to use Apple. The achievements and ranking system surpassed any others out there.
  • Reply 31 of 35
    I use Game Center all the time to play games with my little brother but now if we want to play a game together I can't invite him to anything because the links don't work. They take him to an iCloud site 
    it doesn't take him into the app, only here. We can only play if he invites me to a game. Which the notification comes up with Game Center not iMessages. We don't know what to do from here. If anyone knows please help. 
    Bring back Game Center please. I'm so disappointed that it's gone and I can't play any games with anyone without them inviting me first, and if they don't have iOS 10
    beccando
  • Reply 32 of 35
    MFKN KryptiK MFKN KryptiK Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    Do not like the fact the Game Center app is gone at all. It was handy to have for different reasons, 1 being it was good to be able to open one app and see progress of all games at one time in one place.
    beccando
  • Reply 33 of 35
    annthewhofanannthewhofan Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    this is too complicated for me only want simple answers question is this if i tap on the part where it says in settings 'Remove all Game center friends' that would delete all my friends in one go right? So where is this where one adds friends to play certain games if I am unable to find how to on my iso. nor do I want to remove all friends in one go so i never tap it it like pressing the RED bottom
  • Reply 34 of 35
    AppleInsider said: 

"Megan Gardner showed a player sending an invite to play the popular title "Doodle Jump." The invitation was sent as a "rich link" attachment in an iMessage to another iPhone user, with the ....
    ...Invitations can be sent to players saved in a user's contacts, recent players who were seen online, or nearby players on a local network playing the same title. Players with legacy Game Center accounts will also receive notifications from Messages-based invites."
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is not helpful at all as Megan did NOT say who to address it to ...it says we can invite recently played folks etc...   I HAVE NI WAY TO HIGHLIGHT THEIR Names in my Gin Rummy app...  when i click on the INVITE FRIENDS button from the app itself... it opens iMessage yes... but i have no idea what their email is other than a screen name... and it wont send that way...

I even tried their "screen name"@gamecenter.com .   Nothing happens and it fails.. a couple of times it sent but no response... and PEOPLE are sending them to me yet it shows up in the app and not in iMessage... yet we have no ability to chat in this game so i cant ask them how or what their email address is... help... there is a work-around but no one is mentioning it.... 

Thanks for any advice.... 
  • Reply 35 of 35
    I wish the Game Center app was still available. I used it regularly on a daily basis. How do I unfriend those from my Game Center friends, who no longer play the games I play, without the app? I wish it would be made available again.
    Serena... u asked about how to unfriend folks without the GameCenter app... the settings for that are in yr regular SETTINGS/GAME CENTER . It is 6 "blocks" down the settings app along with yr settings for Music, Photos, Podcasts etc...

hope this helps/.
    tallest skil