Supply chain suggests Apple to see better-than-expected holiday season, analyst says

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    blitz1blitz1 Posts: 438member

cali said:
    blitz1 said:
    I was 9 yrs with Apple's iPhone.
    Halo and all that stuff (iMac, iPad, a couple of iPhones - skipped the 5 series, iPad Pro)

Just today, I bought my first Android phone. Costed me less than 200USD and it features a superb 13MP camera, Snapdragon quad core, 2Gb RAM, ... performance is terrific.

All the apps work alike on iPhone and Android.
    Some seem to work better on Android (better integration of functions - Apple is still closing some stuff - yes, I know, you'll say with good reason, we've been there before).

I guess, I realized that it's been a couple of years that there's nothing special to a smartphone.
    That it's become since long ago a commodity.

Let's see how I can sync my calendar and contacts. I'll be just fine... paying 600USD less

you can thank Apple for making all those features a commodity. No snapdragon in the world is going to speed up your laggy bloatware- infested knockoff device.

Might as well go all the way and get a Windows machine, some random tablet, Some random smart watch and a surface. Good luck.

I could, but I don't. I value my iPad Pro cum stylus very highly.
    Added value works better for tablets than for smartphones I guess

i can thank many companies for making smartphones a commodity.
    Apple amongst them (Like I said, I already paid my dues)
    Google also (eg Apple stole their notifications).

It's just that now, there is no real plus for any of the smartphones
  • Reply 22 of 29
    RezRez Posts: 19member
    Years on iphone?? And now you're on Android?? Your full of bs. You were never been an iphone user. Super minority or probably alone....

• Reply 23 of 29
    brucemcbrucemc Posts: 1,541member
    blitz1 said:
    Halo and all that stuff (iMac, iPad, a couple of iPhones - skipped the 5 series, iPad Pro)
    Just today, I bought my first Android phone. Costed me less than 200USD and it features a superb 13MP camera, Snapdragon quad core, 2Gb RAM, ... performance is terrific.
    Some seem to work better on Android (better integration of functions - Apple is still closing some stuff - yes, I know, you'll say with good reason, we've been there before).
    I guess, I realized that it's been a couple of years that there's nothing special to a smartphone.
    Let's see how I can sync my calendar and contacts. I'll be just fine... paying 600USD less
    Congratulations.  I am sure you will be happy, and assuming this is your last post - since you no longer have any reason to visit an Apple product / fan site now that you have gone to Android - all the best.
  • Reply 24 of 29
    brucemcbrucemc Posts: 1,541member
    gatorguy said:
    cali said:
    With Samsung phones exploding and the Pixel disaster I don't see any reason to own an iPhone knockoff right now. :neutral: ?
    Pixel disaster? Other than a far-too-high starting price for the two handsets I didn't know there was some disaster that happened. 

Prices can be changed of course, and generally they have been within a couple of months of release. I still wouldn't consider one for myself as it's not likely to fall below $500 anyway IMO, Instead I'm picking up a sub-$400 but just as well-equipped and featured spare smartphone for off-work personal use. 
    Not a disaster at all IMO, but due to the high price it will only sell in limited quantities (which I understand is the case with most Nexus models before it).  Thus, if you consider its "impact" on the industry, or on Alphabet's performance, it is going to be just a notch above zilch.
  • Reply 25 of 29
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,420member
    blitz1 said:

You'll be back. 
  • Reply 26 of 29
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,420member
    gatorguy said:
    lolliver said:
    These articles really should include details of Apple's guidance for the quarter as that's all that really matters. Not some made up figure by analysts based on rumors and small pieces of the puzzle.
    I think you're correct in general, i.e. the guidance is very accurate.  (I'm impressed with their accuracy and I don't really understand how they achieve it.)  But in this case specifically, as of today, Apple has not given us any guidance for the December quarter.  I think they'll give it to us in two or three weeks.  So I'm very interested in the notes to investors that these analysts write, and I'm quite pleased that AI report on them.
    Didn't they offer guidance after the last quarter's results? They always do don't they, tho in a very quick search I didn't find what they were this time around. 
    For the current quarter yes, for the subsequent holiday quarter, no. 
  • Reply 27 of 29
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    brucemc said:
    gatorguy said:
    cali said:
    With Samsung phones exploding and the Pixel disaster I don't see any reason to own an iPhone knockoff right now. neutral ?
    Pixel disaster? Other than a far-too-high starting price for the two handsets I didn't know there was some disaster that happened. 

Prices can be changed of course, and generally they have been within a couple of months of release. I still wouldn't consider one for myself as it's not likely to fall below $500 anyway IMO, Instead I'm picking up a sub-$400 but just as well-equipped and featured spare smartphone for off-work personal use. 
    Not a disaster at all IMO, but due to the high price it will only sell in limited quantities (which I understand is the case with most Nexus models before it).  Thus, if you consider its "impact" on the industry, or on Alphabet's performance, it is going to be just a notch above zilch.
    I agree they won't be a market success, but depending on what Google's goals were with these two phones they may still be successful. 
    edited October 2016
  • Reply 28 of 29
    blitz1blitz1 Posts: 438member
    brucemc said:
    blitz1 said:
    Congratulations.  I am sure you will be happy, and assuming this is your last post - since you no longer have any reason to visit an Apple product / fan site now that you have gone to Android - all the best.
    Still have my iMac & iPad Pro
  • Reply 29 of 29
    B-Mc-CB-Mc-C Posts: 41member
    gatorguy said:
    lolliver said:
    These articles really should include details of Apple's guidance for the quarter as that's all that really matters. Not some made up figure by analysts based on rumors and small pieces of the puzzle.
    I think you're correct in general, i.e. the guidance is very accurate.  (I'm impressed with their accuracy and I don't really understand how they achieve it.)  But in this case specifically, as of today, Apple has not given us any guidance for the December quarter.  I think they'll give it to us in two or three weeks.  So I'm very interested in the notes to investors that these analysts write, and I'm quite pleased that AI report on them.
    Didn't they offer guidance after the last quarter's results? They always do don't they, tho in a very quick search I didn't find what they were this time around. 
    Not for the December quarter. Apple only guides one quarter out. You will have to wait until the next earnings release on October 25th.