Samsung's cylindrical ArtPC Pulse computer apes design of Apple's Mac Pro

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 71
    Well that's overpriced for crappy hardware.  No mention of the GPU?
    Can you make the blue light flash?   That would be so kewl!

The Samsung ArtPC Pulse features a discrete GPU in the shape of a AMD Radeon RX 460 with 2GB of Memory and hardware H.265 decompression for 4K video.

• Reply 62 of 71
    Remove the blue light and everything below; it's not too bad looking. Also, didn't the "blue light" die out with Kmart?
  • Reply 63 of 71
    I'm an owner of a current Mac Pro, and generally not entirely happy with it. It runs well, but there are a number of annoying problems. Lack of USB on the front is one, I've basically had to leave the machine permanently turned around. Too few USB in general, my monitor doesn't have ports, so having only 4 means juggling.

So how it is that Sammy could make all the same mistakes after having three years to study the MP? No, they made it worse, the USBs they do have are craptastic, and there's really no other option.

The internal drive is a good idea though, because then at least you can put an SSD inside it. With my MP its external, which is a PITA.
  • Reply 64 of 71
    frankiefrankie Posts: 381member
    Will this help prove they are copying in todays Supreme Court decision?

I mean come on Samesong is a joke.
  • Reply 65 of 71
    brakkenbrakken Posts: 687member
    Ot really doesn't matter as ss is going down in flames. This three-year-old theme can only run wind'z and most the extra power is there for anti-viruses and ms's foray into use of customer's Net connection.

Apple figured out the pure core of consumerism: make shit ppl love, not commodity crap.
    It is so awful for the competition - they only have customers who don't like Apple rather than love their derivative, cheap crap.
  • Reply 66 of 71
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    As others have no doubt said, it's obviously going to double as a camping stove.
  • Reply 67 of 71
    When Apple truly stops innovating, Samsung is going to run out of ideas.
  • Reply 68 of 71
    Scott LewisScott Lewis Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    rob53 said:
    Pathetic copying and totally underpowered for the price. The 2.6GHz Mac mini, dual-core i5, configured with 8GB RAM and a 256GB PCIe flash storage, only costs $845 (and it comes with macOS Sierra). So much for Macs costing more than "cheap" PCs. The Mac mini also takes up a fraction of the space of this tin can (or plastic bottle). I guess the speaker system costs $200.
    Rob53 - you're comparing a fourth gen i5 to a current gen Skylake i5. Better CPU, faster memory, more sound, slightly better expansion (USB-C, ability to add second hard drive), integrated speakers... I used to have a Mac Mini, but I wouldn't buy one today, Apple has let it languish and it's hideously outdated.
    singularity
  • Reply 69 of 71
    savageaceesavageacee Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    I remember when the mac pro design had a lot of hate. Now what. Apple does something different, people hate on it, then do the same exact thing. soon will happen with the removal of the headphones. people give apple hate and soon it will be the standard.
  • Reply 70 of 71
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    I remember when the mac pro design had a lot of hate. Now what. Apple does something different, people hate on it, then do the same exact thing. soon will happen with the removal of the headphones. people give apple hate and soon it will be the standard.
    "You know, for pros."

• Reply 71 of 71
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited October 2016