blast from the past : save the mac

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I just came across a wonderful 24 page booklet from 1997. Written by Guy Kawasaki, it contains 50 tips on how to save the mac. I scanned everything and put it online on my site - go and have a laugh.

<a href="http://www.macanoid.cistron.nl"; target="_blank">macanoid</a>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    roborobo Posts: 469member
    Heh. Nice job.

It was sorta sad to read, though.. Not much has changed, except the part where you are encouraged to get your IT guy benchmark a Mac against a PC..

-robo
  • Reply 2 of 9
    thanks.

Well, things are not quite as desperate as then. I hear nothing but good things about Mac OS X. Only problem now is overpriced and underpowered hardware. Let's hope that'll change soon.

The entire booklet is now available for download as well.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    For all the designers who like to make flash pages, I realize you might be limited to a certain widow size but, USE LARGER FONTS!!!
  • Reply 4 of 9
    thanks for your criticism, and sorry to hear you have a problem with the font size! I didn't use flash at all actually, but I did use ccs and gifs. I reviewed my site on my mac at a resolution of 1280 x 1024 and found the font size to be acceptaple, the fact that you did not will make me look into the matter again.

Thanks for the tip!!!

(please bear with me - this is my first ever site)

[ 12-15-2002: Message edited by: macanoid? ]</p>
  • Reply 5 of 9
    costiquecostique Posts: 1,084member
    Hey, Macanoid! At long last I came to visit your site. I am impressed.

Really.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by costique:

<strong>Hey, Macanoid! At long last I came to visit your site. I am impressed.

Really.</strong><hr></blockquote>

thanks very much for your kind words!! Much appreciated!
  • Reply 7 of 9
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Actually, yours wasn't bad at all, small fonts are just a pet peeve of mine. Remember, more likely than not, the people reading your page will have a crappy monitor, vision problems, or both!
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Yeah - Actually your site is very nice - thanks for the viewing pleasure.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by Matsu:

<strong>Actually, yours wasn't bad at all, small fonts are just a pet peeve of mine. Remember, more likely than not, the people reading your page will have a crappy monitor, vision problems, or both!</strong><hr></blockquote>

I do realise this, that's why I have my monitor at a fairly high resolution when designing. Yours is the first complaint I received about small fonts. I wasn't aware of that - thanks for bringing it to my attention

Anyways - hope you had fun reading the booklet, that's what it's all about