Video: 5 reasons to upgrade to iPhone 7

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 36
    bdkennedy said:
    One reason not to upgrade to the iPhone 7.  It's ugly.
    I'll appreciate your opinion as soon as you validate it. What exactly do you find ugly about it? 

Persionaly, I find the curvy, organic shapes of chassis design aesthetically pleasing. I believe Apple's evolutionary choice to refine the industrial design of the 6 series was best for the company and consumers. Expecting a radically new rounded rectangle form factor every two years is just nonsensical consumerism.

Next chassis design, barring the supposed 10th anniversary mega redesign, I'd be very pleased with a continued evolutionary refinement: removal of all antenna lines, replacing the remaining mechanical buttons for solid-state buttons, etc.
    edited October 2016 gticuswatto_cobralolliver
  • Reply 22 of 36
    tonglaji said:
    Did it really not touch you guys after your month of usage? If not take an "old" iPhone 6s, it will feel dead in your hands
    I totally agree with this. For the other comment about how the home button feels, you really need to understand for the minimum difference in the "feel," you gain a world of difference in interaction with your phone. The sliding action, the scroll box, the toggle switches, etc, etc, everything comes alive. I hope Apple continue to improve on the taptic feedbacks and make them more sophisticated over time. This is really a unique feature on iPhone and it is only the beginning.   

Yeah, & I'm noticing small new ones all the time!
    The latest for me is: when someone sends you a message w/ the "slam" effect. Lol, it's so cool- you feel.... umm, a "slam" is really the best way I can describe it!
    VERY emotive.
    doozydozenwatto_cobralolliver
  • Reply 23 of 36
    This is my first phone and I absolutely love it! Been taking tons of pictures and I have the 128 gb model so I never have to worry about storage space!
    watto_cobraalbegarc
  • Reply 24 of 36
    hagarhagar Posts: 130member
    I have difficulty with the battery remark. "Instead of recharging mid day you can now use the battery until the evening?" Come on: previous models also claimed full day battery life. So, that was a lie?

i have the 6S and just like many people I know, battery life is horrible. I'm not buying it. iPhones are too thin and batteries too small. 
  • Reply 25 of 36
    thedbathedba Posts: 764member
    hagar said:
    I have difficulty with the battery remark. "Instead of recharging mid day you can now use the battery until the evening?" Come on: previous models also claimed full day battery life. So, that was a lie?

i have the 6S and just like many people I know, battery life is horrible. I'm not buying it. iPhones are too thin and batteries too small. 
    I really don't get people who say the iPhone battery is horrible. 
    Unless you got your nose stuck in the iPhone screen all day long, how does one run out?

My typical workday includes.
    Leaving home for work (that's when I unplug it).
    Listening to music on the way to work (Apple Music) or news streaming services.
    Tethering with my iPad on the bus (about 35 minute ride).
    Using it as my work phone (maybe 10 calls about 2 minutes each).
    Lunch time browsing (news, Facebook, gym program feed for the night's workout).
    Ride back home (Apple music and tethering to iPad).
    Maybe a few catchup episodes streaming to Apple TV.
    A few texts sprinkled throughout the day. 
    A few e-mails when I'm on call.

Despite all that, the battery since my iPhone 6 rarely goes below 40%. 

So please explain, how do you run out? GPS running all day long?
    watto_cobralolliver
  • Reply 26 of 36
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    bdkennedy said:
    It's look virtually the same as 6 and 6S.
    edited October 2016 doozydozenwatto_cobralolliver
  • Reply 27 of 36
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    hehagar said:

In fact, it's somehow true. My wife kept complaining about battery life on her 6S, so I replaced hers with 7. She never complained since.
  • Reply 28 of 36
    hagarhagar Posts: 130member
    thedba said:
    hagar said:

Unless you got your nose stuck in the iPhone screen all day long, how does one run out?

It seems you use it way more than I do, and I still run out of juice late afternoon frequently  I don't have GPS running and even recharge it in my car. I removed the Facebook app as it drains the battery and would also like to delete WhatsApp but I need it. Nothing else is apparently running in the background. I owned the 3GS, 4, 4S and 6S. Similar experience with all models.

My only theory is that the cellular network I use somehow drains the battery faster but I have no way of knowing. And if that is even possible.

• Reply 29 of 36
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member
    hagar said:
    thedba said:
    hagar said:

It seems you use it way more than I do, and I still run out of juice late afternoon frequently  I don't have GPS running and even recharge it in my car. I removed the Facebook app as it drains the battery and would also like to delete WhatsApp but I need it. Nothing else is apparently running in the background. I owned the 3GS, 4, 4S and 6S. Similar experience with all models.

My only theory is that the cellular network I use somehow drains the battery faster but I have no way of knowing. And if that is even possible.

Recharging in your car might actually cause problems. I suspect the reason my iPhone 6 battery died when it did was due to charging it in my car. The power coming out of the 12V adapter wasn't very clean, and you could hear a lot of RF interference from the alternator when the phone was plugged in.

My iPhone 7, on the other hand is mostly OK, unless I run a lot of power hungry stuff on it. Some days it's fine, other days it runs down fast. But it does seem to be tied to what I do with it, rather than a problem with the battery.

[EDITED TO ADD: I'll also point out that I have never had it actually run out on me before I got home of an evening, even on days when I've been using it a lot. YMMV.]

edited October 2016
  • Reply 30 of 36
    thedbathedba Posts: 764member
    hagar said:
    thedba said:
    hagar said:

All I can think of in your case, is some service constantly pinging for information. 
    I've seen this on company issued iPhones where it may be in constant contact with the company's exchange servers. 
    You may also be in an area where cell towers are few and far between. In that case you may be experiencing added drain. 
  • Reply 31 of 36
    dougd said:
    I won't because I despise the way the new home button feels
    It's different. Despise is a bit severe, no?. Considering the water proofing, improved Taptic Engine & eliminating physical wear & tear, the trade-offs favor the plus column, yes?
    doozydozen
  • Reply 32 of 36
    chiachia Posts: 713member
    bdkennedy said:
    Not surprised you find it ugly considering you see the Samsung ArtPC as being prettier than the Mac Pro:
    bdkennedy said:

versus

edited October 2016 doozydozen
  • Reply 33 of 36
    levi said:
    The new home button is great, especially in regards to double click actions - i.e. opening the app carousel. I found this action to be somewhat annoying on the older models when rapidly switching between apps. Yes, these are first world problems - point is it's a nice improvement.
    Me too. I like the new button implementation.  Double clicking a physical button is slightly more difficult than the the new one. 
  • Reply 34 of 36
    fallenjt said:
    bdkennedy said:
    It's look virtually the same as 6 and 6S.
    But he may have been operating from a previous model… I myself find the 7's aesthetics an improvement over predecessors, it being thinner & with antenna lines muted. I just don't go for the 7+ oval camera bump.  It would've looked better with double circles instead. 
    edited October 2016
  • Reply 35 of 36
    Personally, I am waiting for the 8.  My 6s works just fine and I played around with a friends 7 for a few days while he was out on business and left it in his desk.

Don't get me wrong.  I am a lover of the latest and greatest and my iPad collection has grown beyond my immediate family.  I just have to weigh priorities in my mac world.
  • Reply 36 of 36
    volcanvolcan Posts: 1,799member
    hagar said:

Yes that is definitely a factor. The weaker your signal is, the harder the radio has to work. Another huge battery drain is Maps. in both cases you might notice the phone gets a bit warm so you know you are using up your charge.