Apple issues fifth betas of iOS 10.1 with iPhone 7 Plus Portrait photos, macOS 10.12.1

Posted:
in General Discussion
Apple on Wednesday pushed out new fifth beta release of both iOS 10.1 and macOS Sierra 10.12.1, as the company is expected to launch Portrait photo mode for the iPhone 7 Plus, as well as newly redesigned MacBook Pros, in just a matter of days.

MacBook Pro render. | Source: Martin Hajek

Developers with registered devices can now install iOS 10.1 beta 5, identified as build 14B72c, as well as macOS Sierra 10.12.1 beta 5, build 16B2553a.

The new iOS 10.1 beta arrives just two days after Apple supplied the fourth developer and public beta builds. The forthcoming update will introduce a new Portrait mode for photos on the iPhone 7 Plus, taking advantage of its dual-lens design to artificially blur the background in images.

As for macOS Sierra 10.12.1, its fourth beta arrived last week. The new update is expected to include support for an OLED touch bar that is rumored to be one of the main features of a redesigned, thinner MacBook Pro.

Both updates could launch to the public as soon as next week. Apple is expected to be planning a media presentation for next Thursday, Oct. 27, where the company is rumored to debut new 13- and 15-inch MacBook Pros, as well as a new 13-inch MacBook Air.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    damonfdamonf Posts: 229member

For my iPhone that was on Public Beta 4 (this new one being Public Beta 5), it's a 1.79 GB download.  My iPad Pro hasn't picked up anything yet, maybe Apple is still uploading the iPad images.  The 1.79 GB download for the phone suggests this is the 10.1 GM.

[Deleted User]
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Other sites are suggesting that beta 5 is only for the iPhone 7 & 7 Plus.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    final version coming soon then and so the jailbreak:) can't wait to upgrade from iOS 9.3
    edited October 2016
  • Reply 4 of 6
    I'm having a lot of enjoyment with this feature. I just want to shoot all my photos with it. 

either way the iPhone takes amazing photos but look at how much more interesting the photo becomes with the effect on. 
    lolliver
  • Reply 5 of 6
    As for IOS:
    Beta 5 is not for iPad or iPhone 6s or earlier. According to our developer page it's for iPhone 7 only
    hope that helps
  • Reply 6 of 6
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    Here's hoping beta 5 mac OS fixes the dodgy RAID support I've seen so far.  Installing now on nMac Pro.

YAY!  Fixed RAID issues.
    edited October 2016