"com.apple.appkit.xpc.openAndSavePanelService" hogging cpu since Sierra install

Posted:
in macOS
"com.apple.appkit.xpc.openAndSavePanelService" 
Is using between 70-100% in Activity Monitor since I upgraded to Sierra. Never had an issue with this one hogging CPU before. Anyone know what it does and a way to stop it using so much CPU? On the whole it's been a pretty good update on my 2011 13" MBP

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Exactly the same here on a 2011 21" iMac - would be really grateful for any info/help on this
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Check your Console, it's probably flying too.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    True - but don't understand why.  Having done a full restart Console has now calmed down and com.apple.appkit.xpc.openAndSavePanelService appears to have dropped off Activity Monitor altogether. Really wish I properly understood all this shit.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    True - but don't understand why.  Having done a full restart Console has now calmed down and com.apple.appkit.xpc.openAndSavePanelService appears to have dropped off Activity Monitor altogether. Really wish I properly understood all this shit.
    That's one school of thought, OTOH, my understanding of things has little influence when they go wonky as they have in this upgrade Countless restarts have not relieved the 10.12 issues here. I understand that one of the first 10.12.1 betas has resolved things for at least some users (maybe all, who knows), but we also have to wait for this OS to be compatible with the new laptops due out next week. So we get to "enjoy" another delay. ;o(
  • Reply 5 of 5
    I guess I'd like to feel a bit less of a helpless dork when my iMac doesn't do what I think it should! Roll on the new releases ...