Official Apple images show new MacBook Pro with OLED 'Magic Toolbar,' Touch ID, new speaker design

Comments

• Reply 21 of 104
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Don't feed the trolls. 

Looking forward to see this in real life. 
    magman1979williamlondondysamoriairelandpulseimagespscooter63watto_cobrachiaredgeminipa
  • Reply 22 of 104
    shevshev Posts: 84member
    Was hoping for a slimmer bezel, the keyboard is super shallow as well but still very excited for this. Hopefully the speakers are even better than the MacBooks which will be awesome. Can't wait to see how the OLED is implemented across the native apps

doozydozenwatto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 104
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    originalg said:
    That screen bezel though... =(
    What about it?
    dysamoriadoozydozenirelandRayz2016redgeminipa
  • Reply 24 of 104

sockrolid said:
    ...  the Touch ID fingerprint sensor  ...
    I hope Touch ID will eventually replace all logins/passwords.
    Sick and tired of having hundreds of logins/passwords.
    Sick and tired of password manager apps.
    I can't see that happening since Touch ID is a conveniecne feature, not a security feature. When you restart you Mac/logout, not use it in a certain amount of time, or have too many incorrect Touch ID attempts you will be required to input your passcode. Something in your head will always be safer than someone on your body—especially one you leave behind when you touch something.
    nolamacguydoozydozen
  • Reply 25 of 104
    xixoxixo Posts: 450member
    no escape key, I guess it will be virtual?

the emperor's new "Magic Toolbar". instead of a full touch screen, a touch strip? why not both?

Looking forward to the Ax based MacOS system next year and fully-touch based display hardware.

In the meantime, my mac mini server dual drive core I7 will continue its faithful duty...
    aylk
  • Reply 26 of 104
    schlackschlack Posts: 719member
    jblongz said:
    I wonder the performance percentage vs my 2013 maxed out.  <30% is a hard sell.
    I don't think performance has been the reason for upgrading for quite awhile, except for the most demanding users. Most of us want longer battery life, better screens, larger touch pads, etc.
    randominternetpersonasdasdnolamacguydoozydozenirelandration alchiaredgeminipa
  • Reply 27 of 104
    What a useless tool, i think apple is forgetting too much the pro user and especially that the path is more clear with yoga or surface, and that they have to merge the two OS. i don't really get it, for the first time in years i am thinking to switch to window.
    Looks like you've already switched... enjoy your MSFT golden key being shared: http://arstechnica.com/security/2016/08/microsoft-secure-boot-firmware-snafu-leaks-golden-key/
    nolamacguydoozydozenpscooter63watto_cobraredgeminipa
  • Reply 28 of 104
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    sockrolid said:
    ...  the Touch ID fingerprint sensor  ...
    I hope Touch ID will eventually replace all logins/passwords.
    Sick and tired of having hundreds of logins/passwords.
    Sick and tired of password manager apps.
    At least touch id should work with 1Password.

There is one feature that should have been introduced years ago, across all laptops. It has been attempted and it certainly has been discussed here in these forums but for some reason it seems to be almost impossible to do. Make my laptop liquid proof! Please! I do not want to wrap a condom around it or anything thicker. I want to be able to spill a coke, or a glass of water, or a latte all over it without having to replace the power unit, the speaker and the motherboard. Call me stupid or anything you like because I am certain I am in good company. In fact, I look forward to the all glass topped MBP, where haptic feedback rules the day. And speakers... just figure something out, Apple!
    edited October 2016
  • Reply 29 of 104
    Bernie de KokBernie de Kok Posts: 3unconfirmed, member
    There's nothing wrong with the bezel, or the escape on the touch bar, but being a leftie, I'm disappointed with the placement of the Touch ID. I'm so used to using my thumbs, now I'll have to get used to using the index finger  :)

My biggest concern is whether this will still be a Pro computer.  A single USB-C port does not a pro machine make.  Nor that awful keyboard from the new MacBook.  I'm looking forward to purchasing a new machine as I've been waiting awhile, but if Apple applies the concepts of their minimalist MacBook, then I'll have to quickly buy their run out model and lament that I'll likely never buy another again.

I miss Steve, he used to care about making the best product, not fashion or money.  You make the best product and money will follow.
    dysamoria
  • Reply 30 of 104
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,092member
    whine..whine..whine...waaahhh
    Please, I hope the door smacks you hard on your way out.
    williamlondondoozydozenirelandpscooter63roundaboutnowbrometheuswatto_cobraredgeminipa
  • Reply 31 of 104
    jcdinkins said:
    What a useless tool, i think apple is forgetting too much the pro user and especially that the path is more clear with yoga or surface, and that they have to merge the two OS. i don't really get it, for the first time in years i am thinking to switch to window. Too useless innovations but more than that not a very good innovations on performance, and if they put the amd graphic card inside... i will really buy window as my next laptop Dell is doing so good now. Why they want to be only phone maker? I know for the revenues, but it's stupid what they are doing, all the professionals i speak too are changing their mind on apple.. also it's so easy for them to produce the best compuetrs.. come on apple stop this nonsense like the mac pro how can you think to not upgrade the processor as for 3 years now? that is really crazy. And the imac how long do we have to wait to see a graphic card in the model 21.5 4k. And also why don't you make iphone and ipad pro a real computer running a real operative system with a finder.. you always ask yourself why tablets are selling less and less.. it is really all up to you bosses at apple .. stop concentrating only on numbers... we are tired of your greediness!!!!
    Here.  Do this.  Save your money and take a combo English/Grammar class.
    That's a dick comment. The internet isn't just for native English speakers
    sphericaylkdoozydozen
  • Reply 32 of 104
    shevshev Posts: 84member
    There's nothing wrong with the bezel
    It's okay but it's hardly 4 years worth of development impressive is it
    aylkdoozydozenrevenant
  • Reply 33 of 104
    AppleBumAppleBum Posts: 37unconfirmed, member
    All I can say is that I will be one of the early adopters. I don't have much of a choice because my mid 2010 MBP likes to randomly kernel panic. I've been tolerating it (barely) since I knew a refresh was coming up.
  • Reply 34 of 104
    shev said:
    There's nothing wrong with the bezel
    It's okay but it's hardly 4 years worth of development impressive is it
    What are you basing that on since you don't know anything about the display panel, the backlight, the thickness of the display, of the primary need to have the bottom case house all needed components and have a certain battery life. Could they have made it thinner? Absolutely, but not without affecting something else.

For example, did you notice the 13" now has speakers on the side. Could those still exist and be as good if they remove  the width to the point you wish them to narrow the width of the footprint? One way would be to scrunch the keyboard together and use smaller keys. Are any of those a good trade off for you?
    ration alpscooter63roundaboutnowfastasleep
  • Reply 35 of 104
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member
    Looks good to me. And as usual, none of the renders we've seen recently quite got it right.

Bernie de Kok said:
    There's nothing wrong with the bezel, or the escape on the touch bar, but being a leftie, I'm disappointed with the placement of the Touch ID. I'm so used to using my thumbs, now I'll have to get used to using the index finger  :) .
    I don't get the bezel hate, it looks smaller than it was (but I could be wrong) and it's going to have one. And I'm a leftie, too (not just in handedness either, but never mind) and Apple has historically had a bit of a dexter bias. The placement of the microphone on the iPhone assumes you're holding it to your right ear, the crown and button arrangement on the Apple Watch is clearly designed for wear on the left hand, and so on. Still, I'm willing to put up with as long as their products are worth it. And it's not like any of the other manufacturers have brought out left handed computers - those that have had fingerprint scanners in the past have tended to be on the right hand side of the keyboard.
    doozydozen
  • Reply 36 of 104
    volcanvolcan Posts: 1,799member
    I wonder how you invoke the the bar to choose a layout. I kind of like the function keys the way they are now, but I understand the rational to have it programmable, just that the physical keys are very quick to use, especially ESC, F3 and F10, .
    aylk
  • Reply 37 of 104
    jkichlinejkichline Posts: 1,369member
    What a useless tool, i think apple is forgetting too much the pro user and especially that the path is more clear with yoga or surface, and that they have to merge the two OS. i don't really get it, for the first time in years i am thinking to switch to window. Too useless innovations but more than that not a very good innovations on performance, and if they put the amd graphic card inside... i will really buy window as my next laptop Dell is doing so good now. Why they want to be only phone maker? I know for the revenues, but it's stupid what they are doing, all the professionals i speak too are changing their mind on apple.. also it's so easy for them to produce the best compuetrs.. come on apple stop this nonsense like the mac pro how can you think to not upgrade the processor as for 3 years now? that is really crazy. And the imac how long do we have to wait to see a graphic card in the model 21.5 4k. And also why don't you make iphone and ipad pro a real computer running a real operative system with a finder.. you always ask yourself why tablets are selling less and less.. it is really all up to you bosses at apple .. stop concentrating only on numbers... we are tired of your greediness!!!!
    Go away, useless troll.
    pscooter63watto_cobraredgeminipa
  • Reply 38 of 104
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    originalg said:
    That screen bezel though... =(
    no shits given about screen bezel. life is too short my friend. find meaning.
    doozydozenpscooter63brometheusredgeminipa
  • Reply 39 of 104
    your first four words conveniently sum up my thoughts on the remainder.
    edited October 2016 doozydozenbrometheuswatto_cobraphotography guyredgeminipa
  • Reply 40 of 104

I miss Steve, he used to care about making the best product, not fashion or money.  You make the best product and money will follow.
    oh yeah? how long did you know each other?
    doozydozenpscooter63stevehchiaRayz2016fastasleep