'iPhone 8' to come in three sizes, feature glass backs across the board - report

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    I can't wait for photo leaks
    ireland
  • Reply 22 of 33
    Really looking forward to a 5" iPhone.
    My 4.7 display is a little too small to be comfortable for us seniors and the 5.5 is just too big to fit comfortably in my pants pocket. I think that a 5" iPhone would solve both problems and still be comfortable to use with one hand.
    It should be a winner!
  • Reply 23 of 33
    19831983 Posts: 1,225member
    What would be the advantage of a 5" iPhone over the 4.7" one? The size difference is tiny.
    edited October 2016 tallest skil
  • Reply 24 of 33
    1983 said:
    What would be the advantage of a 5" iPhone over the 4.7" one? The size difference is tiny.
    None
    tallest skil
  • Reply 25 of 33
    subbies said:
    I can't wait for photo leaks
    If you discover photo leaks, call a photo plumber right away.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 33
    We already know from interviews that they tried making a dozen size iterations before settling on 4.7 and 5.5 on the iPhone 6, seems obvious they're just trying out a different size again. Does not mean more than two sizes will make it to production.
  • Reply 27 of 33
    lmagoo said:
    Well I don't want a curved iPhone....Flat is the only form factor that fits in a pants front pocket....the same reason I don't want the 7+Phablet......Something that resembles the iPhone 7 in size and form factor makes to production! I love my new iPhone 7 though...
    Agree, curved screens and over-the-edge glass make no sense to me other than being a gimmick.
  • Reply 28 of 33
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    toopah said:
    Really looking forward to a 5" iPhone.
    My 4.7 display is a little too small to be comfortable for us seniors and the 5.5 is just too big to fit comfortably in my pants pocket. I think that a 5" iPhone would solve both problems and still be comfortable to use with one hand.
    It should be a winner!
    No it's not!
    edited July 2017
  • Reply 29 of 33
    palegolaspalegolas Posts: 1,361member
    If they're planning on something big for the anniversary, I bet they're pushing themselves to invent something new. A glass, edge to edge design is just cosmetic. There's absolutely nothing ground breaking about it.
  • Reply 30 of 33
    I hear they will be selling a protective cover made out of fine china. Very stylish, and it will come in a handy 10-pack
  • Reply 31 of 33
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    We already know from interviews that they tried making a dozen size iterations before settling on 4.7 and 5.5 on the iPhone 6, seems obvious they're just trying out a different size again. Does not mean more than two sizes will make it to production.
    Yes and it's too bad because 4.7" is too large for me. I would have liked to see the regular sized device closer to 4" than 5"—say 4.3 or 4.4 or similar. It'll be interesting to see how this phone pans out. I hope they find an elegant way to get rid of the home button that's not a worse experience for pressing the button—i.e. a single tap or press, not one to reveal the button and a second to tap it. If they do, however, it would be interesting to see if Apple can be the first to create a true bezel-less design on all four sides. I can't think of one phone that has that. Also, more rounded than that Philippe Starck design at the corners to give it a more organic, approachable and inviting and pocketable form. Starck as a designer is totally overrated IMO. About the only thing somewhat nice he's created is the Ghost chair and even that is nowhere near the nicest chair out there.
    edited October 2016
  • Reply 32 of 33
    I want one of each size. LOL