2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    revenant said:
    surface is selling more each iteration
    pad sales were down
    mac sales were down
    iphone sales were down

Surface selling more is still a tiny fraction of the number of any of those Apple products you listed. Just because sales are down a tick doesn't mean they aren't selling a metric shittonne of them. 
    cali
  • Reply 22 of 30
    emoeller said:
    I listened to the call and was appalled at the arrogance from the analysts.   They were truly brutal disparaging the Apple management team.  I don't think I've ever heard anything like this targeting a profitable company, let alone the largest, and most profitable company in the world.   I thought maybe I was mistaken and spent some time last night re-listening to the comments and came away shaking my head.

This morning I found out I wasn't alone, as Jim Cramer became so agitated on CNBC this morning I thought he was going to explode -http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000562654

Apple remains a key pillar in my personal investments, and I think that Tim and his team continue to do a stellar job.  The iPhone 7 really is the best iPhone I have ever owned (and I have had most of them).  I'm looking forward to upgrading my 2009 iMac soon (and will be watching the new products debut tomorrow morning).  I use Apple products both personally and in my business and I can confirm that they synergistically provide me with great personal and economic value.

The analysts today are "wacked", they denigrate Apple but praise Tesla (which I am shorting by the way).   Their prognostications and market sway are, IMHO, causing mis-allocation of capital in the US markets, as their comments drive investments to companies that don't make economic sense.  This robs healthy economic drivers of much needed capital, and wastes capital on high flying mythical unicorns, many of which ultimately crash back to earth.  

Investment is about fundamentals, and Apple has a good fundamental business model that is easy to understand (delivering state of the art products and services that are highly valued and respected by customers).  The company provides a nice dividend and sits atop the worlds single largest hoard of cash - available in case of downturns and for strategic acquisitions.  Simple, extremely profitable, with great products and services - that is a company model that makes sense to me and one in which I will invest.

I actually sold my remaining shares last January when the stock was at 104, I'm thinking of getting back in when we reach support and ride it back up to 130-140 range once the iP7 margins and sales start to kick in and the ip8 hype begins. I will only invest about 5% of my total portfolio in Apple.
  • Reply 23 of 30

horvatic said:
    If there so positive then why is the stock down $4 a share. If this was Google or any other stock it would be up $25 a share. If they look at the big picture Apple is still making loads of money. If it were losing money then I could see the stock drop. But Apple is still way in positive territory and with new Macs on the way soon that will only increase.
    The market still treats Apple unfairly to this day.
    $4 drop is simply some profit taking and normal day to day trading ranges esp after earning as stockholder rebalance their positions.
    fastasleep
  • Reply 24 of 30

horvatic said:
    If there so positive then why is the stock down $4 a share. If this was Google or any other stock it would be up $25 a share. If they look at the big picture Apple is still making loads of money. If it were losing money then I could see the stock drop. But Apple is still way in positive territory and with new Macs on the way soon that will only increase.
    The market still treats Apple unfairly to this day.
    $4 drop is simply some profit taking and normal day to day trading ranges esp after earning as stockholder rebalance their positions.
    Seriously. I've seen "Apple did x and shares drop 1%" headlines before, as if they don't fluctuate that much on their own every day.
  • Reply 25 of 30

rob53 said:
    sog35 said:
    Stock down $4

Time for a change at the top. 

Its obvious Wall Street and investors have ZERO trust in Tim Cook. WE need a CEO who has vision and can communicate his vision effectively. Cook has failed time and time again in this regard.  Cook is a great operations guy, COO. But he ain't no CEO
    Wall Street is filled with a bunch of self-righteous idiots who could care less about the success of any company. All they care about is making money short term. Tim Cook is doing fine for Apple. Wall Street is killing AAPL because they can and it benefits them. Trust is not a word Wall Street uses. All they care about is lining their pockets at the expense of hardworking people. We all know the Stock Market is simply legalized gambling with minimum control, which can be bought.
    1. Wall Street : please define who these people are? You bandy around this meaning less term like you know what it means, I buy shares on Walls street therefore that makes me  self righteous idiot?
    2. You assume they are idiots why? because they make money ? 
    3 "wall street is killing apple"? hmmm not true another simplistic opinion
    4. "because it beniefits them" meaningless, most of human endeavors are based on benefiting from something. why do you go to work?  whats your point?
    5. "Trust is not a word Wall street uses". (more drivel about a meaningless term)
    6. "We all know the Stock Market is simply legalized gambling with minimum control," no that's your opinion. Its not gambling if you know what you are doing. Gambling is buying stocks with little or no research based on some rumor you heard.

You sound like someone who angry because basically you are ignorant about what the stock market is and you have an agenda to trash it.
    Your posts are comical last best

edited October 2016
  • Reply 26 of 30
    badmonkbadmonk Posts: 1,293member
    emoeller said:
    I listened to the call and was appalled at the arrogance from the analysts.   They were truly brutal disparaging the Apple management team.  I don't think I've ever heard anything like this targeting a profitable company, let alone the largest, and most profitable company in the world.   I thought maybe I was mistaken and spent some time last night re-listening to the comments and came away shaking my head.

This morning I found out I wasn't alone, as Jim Cramer became so agitated on CNBC this morning I thought he was going to explode -http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000562654

Apple remains a key pillar in my personal investments, and I think that Tim and his team continue to do a stellar job.  The iPhone 7 really is the best iPhone I have ever owned (and I have had most of them).  I'm looking forward to upgrading my 2009 iMac soon (and will be watching the new products debut tomorrow morning).  I use Apple products both personally and in my business and I can confirm that they synergistically provide me with great personal and economic value.

The analysts today are "wacked", they denigrate Apple but praise Tesla (which I am shorting by the way).   Their prognostications and market sway are, IMHO, causing mis-allocation of capital in the US markets, as their comments drive investments to companies that don't make economic sense.  This robs healthy economic drivers of much needed capital, and wastes capital on high flying mythical unicorns, many of which ultimately crash back to earth.  

Investment is about fundamentals, and Apple has a good fundamental business model that is easy to understand (delivering state of the art products and services that are highly valued and respected by customers).  The company provides a nice dividend and sits atop the worlds single largest hoard of cash - available in case of downturns and for strategic acquisitions.  Simple, extremely profitable, with great products and services - that is a company model that makes sense to me and one in which I will invest.

Thanks you for the post.  My sentiments exactly!  I was shaking my head over their attitude on display.  Here is a company that has changed society as much as any over the last decade (with the iPhone) & they were dismissive by asking if Apple follows technology trends, etc....

• Reply 27 of 30
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member
    wigby said:
    sog35 said:
    linkman said:
    It didn't matter how good or poor Apple's results were -- the stock would have declined. Apple could have announced $100 billion in revenue for the quarter and the stock would have gone down.
    That is false.

When Jobs was CEO Apple would regularly be rewarded after earnings. Problem is Wall Street/Investors have ZERO trust in Tim Cook.

The only time Apple went up with Tim Cook is when Apple earnings were up 30%

Facts are Facts. The fact is Wall Street and investors don't trust Cook. Period. Its been 5 years and its the same story every quarter.

Again why should the most INNOVATIVE company on the planet settle for a BORING CEO? Why? Tim Cook is pure boring. He has no moxy, no excitement, does not have IT. That is not his fault.  Not many people have those qualities. But to head the most powerful, most innovative, most valuable company you can't be a data pusher. 

Cook needs to be out as CEO.
    He is the perfect COO for Apple.
    Your memory of Apple under Jobs is misguided at best. Stop acting as if things would be so different. You do not know. None of us do. But I believe things would be about the same product-wise. The stock would absolutely be less than it is today. Face it. iPhone peaked and that would've happened under anyone including Jobs. That is all they are reacting to again this quarter.

I have to agree, I made a fortune on Apple wild swings before during and after quarterly announcement and product announcements. Job did not control the stock value it went up yes but after wild swings, Those 20% to 30% swings and I would sell on the run up with all the rumors, and as soon as the facts come out you wait for the drops and buy back in and wait for the ride again. If anything Apple is more stable so no big swings if that Cooks doing of just the market treating apple they why they want independent of what apple is really doing. Today I just still back any use Apple for dividend, and back up my margin account since I do not worry about Apple tumbling larges amounts which forces a margin call.

I said this before, Apple will not be award by the market since Apple is doing when is best for the company, its customer and employee first and wall street is not in the equation other than the fact Apple is required by law to report out.

• Reply 28 of 30
    In other words these anal-lysts have no clue what Apple is going to do , what they have planned, or how their profits will go. So once again a chimp throwing darts at a dartboard will outperform all of these predictions
  • Reply 29 of 30
    maestro64 said:
    wigby said:
    sog35 said:
    linkman said:
    It didn't matter how good or poor Apple's results were -- the stock would have declined. Apple could have announced $100 billion in revenue for the quarter and the stock would have gone down.
    That is false.

When Jobs was CEO Apple would regularly be rewarded after earnings. Problem is Wall Street/Investors have ZERO trust in Tim Cook.

The only time Apple went up with Tim Cook is when Apple earnings were up 30%

Facts are Facts. The fact is Wall Street and investors don't trust Cook. Period. Its been 5 years and its the same story every quarter.

Again why should the most INNOVATIVE company on the planet settle for a BORING CEO? Why? Tim Cook is pure boring. He has no moxy, no excitement, does not have IT. That is not his fault.  Not many people have those qualities. But to head the most powerful, most innovative, most valuable company you can't be a data pusher. 

Cook needs to be out as CEO.
    He is the perfect COO for Apple.
    Your memory of Apple under Jobs is misguided at best. Stop acting as if things would be so different. You do not know. None of us do. But I believe things would be about the same product-wise. The stock would absolutely be less than it is today. Face it. iPhone peaked and that would've happened under anyone including Jobs. That is all they are reacting to again this quarter.

I have to agree, I made a fortune on Apple wild swings before during and after quarterly announcement and product announcements. Job did not control the stock value it went up yes but after wild swings, Those 20% to 30% swings and I would sell on the run up with all the rumors, and as soon as the facts come out you wait for the drops and buy back in and wait for the ride again. If anything Apple is more stable so no big swings if that Cooks doing of just the market treating apple they why they want independent of what apple is really doing. Today I just still back any use Apple for dividend, and back up my margin account since I do not worry about Apple tumbling larges amounts which forces a margin call.

I said this before, Apple will not be award by the market since Apple is doing when is best for the company, its customer and employee first and wall street is not in the equation other than the fact Apple is required by law to report out.

AAPL is now an income stock , not a growth stock, that explains a lot concerning volatility