Apple pushes Campus 2 completion into 2017, possibly changing move-in plans

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    Sog is our steely-eyed realist Archetype here at AI.  Wants breathtaking innovation + superb market execution + competitor destruction + realistic management of corporate narrative for investors.  Respect the perspective, it's real.

So far, Tim has demonstrated that he can sit on top of a rocket and not fall off.  He's clearly vastly more capable than Balmer, but he's not showing the grit it takes to stay a step ahead.  He's got one of the best teams ever assembled, but I'm not convinced he's going to take Apple to the next level.  If Project Titan is a fail, it's a huge, telling fail.  

"Hey, Bob, Tim.  Listen, I don't know what's going on with Titan.  If I give you 500K, will you take a look and let me know where it's at?"

"Tim, Bob, hey.  This is a bust.  Pull the plug."

"You sure?"  "Yeah Tim.  Sorry."
    cornchiplikethesky
  • Reply 22 of 28

Hopefully for Sog, Sculley is willing to take Tim's job when the shareholders tar Tim with feathers and chase him off the campus, riding backwards on a donkey.

/s

SoliSpamSandwich
  • Reply 23 of 28
    dachardachar Posts: 330member
    No surprise. Those of us with a construction background have being predicting the buildings would not be open on time for months. Apple will be employing thier own project managers to represent Apple as the client. They will be having regular site meetings and will be fully aware of any delays. Presumably Apple's project managers will then regularly report back to the Apple board. This should then feed through to staff management over the timing of the move. I am involved in a much smaller project for 300 staff which is following exactly the same pattern. Various delays and then suddenly we are informed we will be moving in a few weeks time. This will probably happen with Apple. I have not seen recent photos but possibly staff will start to move late spring early summer 2017 with the final building completions and landscaping late 2017 early 2018?
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 24 of 28
    rezwitsrezwits Posts: 879member
    Like Dwane Wade said in the ESPN commercial: "When it's ready, WHEN IT'S READY!" Doesn't bother me just KEEP shipping iOS, tvOS, macOS, and watchOS devices, products, and services in the meanwhile...
  • Reply 25 of 28
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    ireland said:
    THIS JUST IN - THURSDAY'S EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELED - ALL MAC ENGINEERS HAVE BEEN REASSIGNED TO HELP FINISH THE UFO AND AIRPODS.
    Bold text is shouting. Go back fastasleep.
    It was caps, KANYE STYLE — not bold — and it was a joke.
    My bad on both counts. I'll go to bed now.
  • Reply 26 of 28
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member
    I prefer it that way myself, however complacency sets in when people relax too much. I think treating people fairly is fine, but no one should ever feel like they are a linchpin of an organization and cannot be replaced.
    That fine line, between, "irreplaceable and therefore untouchable", and "essential and therefore appreciated"...
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 27 of 28
    boredumb said:
    I prefer it that way myself, however complacency sets in when people relax too much. I think treating people fairly is fine, but no one should ever feel like they are a linchpin of an organization and cannot be replaced.
    That fine line, between, "irreplaceable and therefore untouchable", and "essential and therefore appreciated"...
    Nicely put.