Minecraft coming to Apple TV before the end of the year

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited October 2016
At Thursday's "hello again" release event, Apple CEO Tim Cook revealed that immensely popular world-building title Minecraft is coming to the fourth generation Apple TV before the end of 2016.

Minecraft was first released in 2009 and was ultimately purchased by Microsoft in September 2014. The game allows players to build in a procedurally generated world either in a game-oriented survival mode, or in a free-build mode with no constraints on materials.

The Mac version of Minecraft retails for $26.95. An iOS version of Minecraft exists now, called "Minecraft Pocket Edition," and sells for $7 on the iOS App Store.

Pricing for the Apple TV version is not yet known.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Just in time for the holidays I hope. My nephew will be happy as the proverbial clam in its shell. Hmmm. Might have to purchase a controller to. 
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Just in time for the holidays I hope. My nephew will be happy as the proverbial clam in its shell. Hmmm. Might have to purchase a controller to. 
    and my kids will appreciate that too...
    spliff monkey
  • Reply 3 of 3
    My children love minecraft on their iPods.. soon to be mini's this xmas.. and they will be very excited to be able to play this on the Apple TV. Just need all the Lego StarWars titles now :smiley: 
    spliff monkey