Apple internet services head Eddy Cue to speak at 2017 Code Media conference

Posted:
in General Discussion edited February 2020
Apple's senior VP of Internet Software and Services, Eddy Cue, has already been announced as the keynote speaker for next year's Code Media conference, scheduled for Feb. 13 and 14 in Laguna Niguel, Calif.

Cue will be joined onstage by Ben Silverman, the executive whose Propagate studio is collaborating with Apple on Planet of the Apps -- an upcoming TV show following developers working on iOS titles. The show will have several celebrity executive producers, namely Jessica Alba, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Black Eyed Peas frontman will-i-am.

While Planet of the Apps will be a primary topic, conference host Recode suggested that Apple's "media moves" in general will be discussed, since Cue is in charge of iTunes, Apple Music, and other content services.

Standard tickets to Code Media are selling for $3,000.

Cue has spoken at a Recode conference before. In 2014 he appeared onstage with Beats co-founder Jimmy Iovine, talking about Apple's then-fresh acquisition of Beats for $3 billion.

The executive is unlikely to reveal any major product details, since Apple's senior staff exercises heavy media discipline. Sometimes, however, they can tease directions the company is planning to take.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Hopefully the attendees take his advice as "what not to do". 
    bdkennedy1002
  • Reply 2 of 4
    I'll be sitting on the edge of my seat.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Eddy Cue is a smart and funny person, he makes you laugh. :)
  • Reply 4 of 4
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    And he announces Apple buying Netflix. I wish.
    jony0