Watch: Unboxing Apple's late-2016 13-inch MacBook Pro

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited November 2016
Last week, Apple announced an all-new MacBook Pro lineup redesign featuring a thin-and-light chassis, wide color gamut display, and Touch Bar with Touch ID. Today, AppleInsider unboxes the first release, Apple's new 13-inch MacBook Pro with classic physical function key row.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    For a moment I thought it was going to be the one with the Touch Bar
    Solimejsric
  • Reply 2 of 14
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    I thought the video was well done, but it should be noted that it's a boxing or un-unboxing video. :tongue: 

edited November 2016 randominternetpersonredgeminipaurahara
  • Reply 3 of 14
    Stimulating in all the right ways.  
    redgeminipa
  • Reply 4 of 14
    GaudzillaGaudzilla Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    Had a chance to see one of these non-TouchBar Macs today at BestBuy. The screen is SIGNIFICANTLY better than previous MacBook Pros, almost shocking how bad the previous MacBook screens (which I am using right now) appear in comparison.
    pulseimagespolymnia
  • Reply 5 of 14
    First, it's a reboxing video.
    Second, it's not the model with the Touch Bar or Touch ID.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    They should have at least booted it up.  
  • Reply 7 of 14
    ktappektappe Posts: 823member
    You think showing it in reverse order is artistic. But it's annoying. I wanted to *experience* the unboxing, not have it spoiled. 
    stanhope
  • Reply 8 of 14
    Nice Video!
  • Reply 9 of 14
    knowitallknowitall Posts: 1,648member
    What's with the knife?
  • Reply 10 of 14
    ktappe said:
    You think showing it in reverse order is artistic. But it's annoying. I wanted to *experience* the unboxing, not have it spoiled. 
    Exactly.
    stanhope
  • Reply 11 of 14
    appexappex Posts: 687member
    Much better not in reverse action.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    the music used in the video is cool. what's the song title and who's the artist? i asked siri but she said she wasn't familiar with the tune
  • Reply 13 of 14
    knowitall said:
    What's with the knife?

A knife is a blade used for cutting things.  In this case, it cut through (or, in the video, it removed the cut in) the plastic wrap.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    mr omr o Posts: 1,046member
    It is neither a Pro, nor an Air. It isn't a Macbook either. Yet, it is most certainly going to cannibalize the latter.

The 13 inch Macbook *Pro* without Touch bar doesn't make sense to me. Having said that, it is a beautiful machine though.

>:x