Getting a much higher refresh rate.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Okay, this might just be a placebo effect but I'm pretty sure it's for real.

In Jaguar go into Displays and under the Display tab turn the refresh rate up as high as it will go, the image on the screen will shrink a lot but just use the controls on you monitor to get it back to normal.

Andrew

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    that is how monitors work, dude. :cool:
  • Reply 2 of 10
    How high is it possible to set the refresh rate in Jaguar? Any information would be appreciated.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Doesn't it depend on the monitor?
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Yes, it depends entirely on the monitor and the graphics card.

Mine gets upward of 120 Hz.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    I get up to 120 on 10.1, I had heard rumours that Jaguar only allowed up to 85, I guess they are not true. A high refresh rate is very important to me.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    and to your eyes too if you have a CRT...
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Eyes? what about eyes.

And if I had a better graphics card which could refresh at, let's say, 200mhz would that mean I could turn my refresh rate up higher or does that depend on my monitor too?

<a href="http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=002444"; target="_blank">Talking of graphics cards...</a>

Andrew
  • Reply 8 of 10
    andrew: my post was a follow-up to rick's.

no, the refresh rate depends always on your monitor.

that being said, the refresh rate does only play a big role if you have a CRT, a TFT has often only one refresh rate. (but on a TFT there are also only pixels who blink brighter or darker..)

you could run a monitor with 200Hz if he supports it, but such a high refresh rate also drops your resolution to a much deeper lever. maybe 160*120 with 200Hz (just maybe, don't know exactly, always depends on the monitor)

see, my CRT here runs 85Hz at 1280*1024 but only 75Hz at 1600*1200. 75Hz is the highest refresh rate with a resolution of 1600*1200 for my monitor. so, your millage may vary.

did my post shed some light into the whole thing ?
  • Reply 9 of 10
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    i thought as long as it was above like 65hz, that it wasn't bad for your eyes?
  • Reply 10 of 10
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member