Apple SVP Eddy Cue sells $37.5M in AAPL stock

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 50
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    lkrupp said:
    lkrupp said:
    Now he needs to leave. He's had his day in the sun and so many poor decisions have been made under his stewardship. Get some new people in there who can move the needle on Apple Music, Maps and more!
    No, you need to leave this forum. You have no idea how to run Apple and never will.  All you do is bitch.
    SpamSandwich may 'bitch' a lot, but his larger point is valid.

Eddie Cue does not inspire confidence. It seems to me that Apple has vastly outgrown him. His overall handling of the iBooks case was an early signal, and he has not shown much by way leadership skills of the services under his watch since.

If I am missing something remarkable that has come about under his leadership in the past few years, I'd be bappy to stand corrected. 
    I’d just like to see any one of you bozos run a multi-billion dollar corporation and watch what happens. Back seat drivers, armchair quarterbacks, second guessers, shoulda/oughta/coulda analysts, so easy to criticize, condemn, and complain from one’s porch sitting in front of a screen. And when Steve Jobs was at the helm you posers did the same exact thing to him. 

Those who can... do. Those who can’t... become critics.
    nailed it. he chorus of critics here from the usual "experts" is a joke. these people live in the midwest and other remote wildernesses and know very little about real business, but they like macs and rumors and all of sudden they believe they know what goes on behind closed doors or how to run massive corporations. they don't. more, they don't even know they don't know. 

bozos is right. 
  • Reply 42 of 50
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member

asdasd said:
    lkrupp said:
    lkrupp said:
    Now he needs to leave. He's had his day in the sun and so many poor decisions have been made under his stewardship. Get some new people in there who can move the needle on Apple Music, Maps and more!
    No, you need to leave this forum. You have no idea how to run Apple and never will.  All you do is bitch.

Eddie Cue does not inspire confidence. It seems to me that Apple has vastly outgrown him. His overall handling of the iBooks case was an early signal, and he has not shown much by way leadership skills of the services under his watch since.

If I am missing something remarkable that has come about under his leadership in the past few years, I'd be bappy to stand corrected. 
    I’d just like to see any one of you bozos run a multi-billion dollar corporation and watch what happens. Back seat drivers, armchair quarterbacks, second guessers, shoulda/oughta/coulda analysts, so easy to criticize, condemn, and complain from one’s porch sitting in front of a screen. And when Steve Jobs was at the helm you posers did the same exact thing to him. 

No offence but I fucking hate this argument. This is a forum about Apple, largely populated by fans of Apple's products and aapl investors (the odd swiftly dealt with troll aside) and we come here to discuss Apples's products, its actions, its   share price, and its management.

Not all of that is going to be favourable all the time? Do we have to be a VP, or run a billion dollar company to earn the right to criticise Eddy Cue? No. That would stop everybody except Eddy Cue and higher management criticising Cue.

I doubt however if you mean that argument universally. I bet if I do a search I could find criticism of executives in other companies amongst your posts. (By the way, it's perfectly legitimate to criticise quarterbacks too, even if you aren't one). 

Even more than that though AI is an investors site. Many people here are now more invested in Apple than Cue, we are owners in part of the company. We will criticise who we like. We have that right, and arguably, that duty. 
    AI as investor site? hah, yeah good one. thank god we have you here to do your "duty". courage. 
  • Reply 43 of 50
    after the shitty iphone release and the sad state of the new mac book pro i'd be ditching apple stock too. the biggest tech thing from apple is a watch while the competition is getting into VR new formfactors and input devices. even crusty old microsoft is starting to kick arse and building some cool stuff under new leadership. 

cashing in now is the smartest thing for these guys to do and they have inside knowledge.
    AR? Seriously? What are you going to do with one? Is that product what leads you to believe Microsoft is kicking "arse"? I don't even wear watches but smartwatches, as it stands today, are far more useful than a VR headset. Your bitching reminds me of the same sentiment between the original iPod and iPhone release. Sell Apple's stock and by Microsoft if you're confident.
    edited November 2016
  • Reply 44 of 50
    Pretty funny watch people equate share sales with unfounded conclusions. Execs sell shares when they vest, that's how a share bonus works. Meanwhile Apple profit share of the smartphone business is leaving nothing to competitors, the new macbook pro is apple's fastest selling pro laptop ever and Apple's services division (of which Cue is the primary influencer) is growing at such a remarkable click that on its own it would be a massively successful business.
    edited November 2016
  • Reply 45 of 50
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member

asdasd said:
    lkrupp said:
    lkrupp said:

No offence but I fucking hate this argument. This is a forum about Apple, largely populated by fans of Apple's products and aapl investors (the odd swiftly dealt with troll aside) and we come here to discuss Apples's products, its actions, its   share price, and its management.

Not all of that is going to be favourable all the time? Do we have to be a VP, or run a billion dollar company to earn the right to criticise Eddy Cue? No. That would stop everybody except Eddy Cue and higher management criticising Cue.

I doubt however if you mean that argument universally. I bet if I do a search I could find criticism of executives in other companies amongst your posts. (By the way, it's perfectly legitimate to criticise quarterbacks too, even if you aren't one). 

Even more than that though AI is an investors site. Many people here are now more invested in Apple than Cue, we are owners in part of the company. We will criticise who we like. We have that right, and arguably, that duty. 
    AI as investor site? hah, yeah good one. thank god we have you here to do your "duty". courage. 
    I have vastly more stock in aapl that Eddy Cue, why do you think he can't be criticised? 

ive been posting here since 2003. Generally I rarely criticise either Apple or its executives. The sheer hysteria from cultists at the merest criticism of anything Apple is the one annoying feature of an otherwise solid community. 
    gatorguy
  • Reply 46 of 50
    aaarrrggghaaarrrgggh Posts: 1,609member
    Pretty funny watch people equate share sales with unfounded conclusions. Execs sell shares when they vest, that's how a share bonus works. Meanwhile Apple profit share of the smartphone business is leaving nothing to competitors, the new macbook pro is apple's fastest selling pro laptop ever and Apple's services division (of which Cue is the primary influencer) is growing at such a remarkable click that on its own it would be a massively successful business.
    It isn't what he sold that is significant, it is how little Apple stock he HOLDS.  People sell for all different reasons, but choosing not to hold anything but a few token shares (even $1MM would be token for an Apple executive) is significant.  
  • Reply 47 of 50
    canukstormcanukstorm Posts: 2,701member
    macxpress said:
    Fatman said:
    $37 Million is spending money when you are at this level. They have multiple awards vesting at different times, so much so that they don't even try to time the market for the best price. I would not read much into this insider trading. To put things into perspective ...  Bill Gates is worth about $80 Billion! I was at the boat show this past week, there are yachts that cost well over $200 Million - I don't think people arguing about the end of Apple because Eddy unloaded a few million or that this is due to the ports of the MacBook Pro realize the wealth out there, and this is a 'non event'.
    I think what a lot of people here are getting at is that Apple would be better off without Eddy Cue. I don't see this as a death wish to Apple or that Eddy sees the writing on the wall for Apple as a company. He most likely had the opportunity to cash in his stock and he did it. Now, he can get the hell out of Apple so they can get someone in who can actually make a difference in that area. 
    To extent I agree. Either 1) He's gotta go or  2) if he has too much on his plate, split up his division into two - Apple Studios (focused on music, tv, movie content) and let Eddy take charge of that since he is good in that area, and Software & Services (iCloud, Apple Pay, iWork, FCPX, LCPX, Siri, AI) and get someone competent to run that division.
    edited November 2016 macxpress
  • Reply 48 of 50
    canukstormcanukstorm Posts: 2,701member
    It isn't what he sold that is significant, it is how little Apple stock he HOLDS.  People sell for all different reasons, but choosing not to hold anything but a few token shares (even $1MM would be token for an Apple executive) is significant.  
    In what way?
  • Reply 49 of 50
    lkrupp said:
    Yeah because you just want delusional fanboy fanatics that are never critical of AAPL or the execs regardless of actual facts and looking at the state of the ecosystem... Seems like the 1984 Mac commercial has come full circle, with the fanboys in the chair looking at Cook & Co on the big, dark screen. Sad that the lady with the hammer seems to be Microsoft these days.

"All you do is bitch."
    All you do is submit to the will of AAPL and the Great Leaders...
    macxpress
  • Reply 50 of 50

In order to foster an all-for-one, one-for-lall attitude across the Apple employee spectrum, Apple really, REALLY, ought to balance the return on employee investment (their time) in Apple.