Apple captures more than 103% of smartphone profits in Q3 despite shrinking shipments

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 65
    It's so stupid to say Apple captures over 100% profit. It's much more informative to list which company makes money and its share of profit. 
  • Reply 62 of 65
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    This headline is stupid. You can't capture more than 100% of something.
    It's a zero sum game with the other players involved.
    If it's a zero sum game for all the other smartphone players then why does Apple's share price continue to tank? It almost seems as though Apple has no real competition or has a clear field, so to speak. If this is so, why the constant doom and gloom for Apple? How is Apple's business being threatened? Apple's stock is falling faster than ever despite the clear gain in profits. I really don't understand these things.
    Because nobody goes up forever. 
  • Reply 63 of 65
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    macxpress said:

fallenjt said:
    Why not? Have you known about negative profit?
    Negative Profit, i.e. Loss. That's all I'm saying. Obviously mathematically Apple would be over 100% but wouldn't it make more sense to just say Apple is the only profitable smartphone maker? And even that is silly because not one smartphone maker tells you what their profit/loss is just for smartphones. Apple doesn't give us a P&L for iPhone.
    No, because thats most likely not true. Just because Apple is making 103% of the profits doesn't mean others aren't making profits. They just aren't making as much as Apple. You can't tell me that HTC, LG, Motorola, Samsung, etc are selling all of their phones at a loss right now. 
    It absolutely means that that other vendors did not make a profit. 
  • Reply 64 of 65
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    macxpress said:

fallenjt said:
    Negative Profit, i.e. Loss. That's all I'm saying. Obviously mathematically Apple would be over 100% but wouldn't it make more sense to just say Apple is the only profitable smartphone maker? And even that is silly because not one smartphone maker tells you what their profit/loss is just for smartphones. Apple doesn't give us a P&L for iPhone.
    No, because thats most likely not true. Just because Apple is making 103% of the profits doesn't mean others aren't making profits. They just aren't making as much as Apple. You can't tell me that HTC, LG, Motorola, Samsung, etc are selling all of their phones at a loss right now. 
    Bullshit!
  • Reply 65 of 65
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    macxpress said:

fallenjt said:
    BS! Samsung made %.9!!!!