Just got a Nikon CoolPix camera - memory?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
The lense swivels so that it can point back at me! Awesome! Now, I take pictures and it takes a few seconds to actually take the picture. Is there fast enough CF memory so that I can still be able to take embarrassing pics?

It's the Nikon Coolpix 3500 btw, if anyone else has one feel free to share any advice or things you've noticed about it.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    We got a CoolPix 4500 for Christmas. I would reccomend getting the SanDisk 128MB Card, it seems to work plenty fast.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Instant, like as fast as an analogue camera? How much battery life do you get by the way? And when I point my camera at a bright light like a lamp the camera turns off. WTF? Is a bright light bad for the camera?!
  • Reply 3 of 4
    nijiniji Posts: 288member
    your question is a really good question.

most people think that it is solely their digital camera that dictates how fast their digital camera can recover and take another picture.

each compact flash memory card is graded in the same way that cd or dvd recording devices are graded: 2x, 4x, 10x, etc.

for extremely fast grade, go with a company that knows professional photography in the silver halide days, like lexar. lexar cf media has a 256 MB that is 12x and is professional grade. worth every penny .
  • Reply 4 of 4
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Yes I also just learned auto-focus and auto-adjusting the aperture for lighting make it take pics so slowly, so manually adjusting these first will help.