First Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar orders shipped, arriving Monday

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware
Customers are getting shipment notifications for the new MacBook Pro 13- and 15-inch models with Touch Bar, with some shipment tracking data showing arrivals as soon as Monday morning.

Customers who preordered the new computer on the day of or the day after the "hello again" announcement and who were charged already are seeing emails from Apple with tracking information showing the machine in motion already. AppleInsider has been told by some customers that an expected arrival for the machine in the Apple system still shows last Friday -- which will presumably be updated shortly to a more accurate date.

Some of the first wave of purchasers are reporting a date range ending as late as Nov. 25, with the second batch looking at delivery from December 5 to 15. Some users who ordered custom configurations focused around the 15-inch MacBook Pro Touch Pad with Radeon Pro 460 GPU after the initial few days following the launch have yet to receive an estimated ship date earlier than the non-specific "December," and in some cases further out to "early January."

AppleInsider sources within the retail chain at Apple and elsewhere tell us that they aren't expecting "boosted" configurations of the MacBook Pro 13- and 15-inch with Touch Bar (including higher-end GPUs) in store at launch. Most Apple stores have demonstration units of the new MacBook Pro with Touch Bar now, and are expecting a few "baseline" models for customers to purchase on or around Nov. 15, with other retail channels like Best Buy expecting "limited quantities" around Nov. 17.

The 2016 MacBook Pro family, announced at Apple's "Hello Again" event, is a major redesign of Apple's flagship notebook, and comes in screen sizes of 13 and 15 inches, with core models starting at $1,799. AppleInsider was at the event, and was able to spend some time with all the latest hardware.

To grab the lowest prices on Apple's new MacBook Pro with Touch Bar, see AppleInsider's Mac Price Guide.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    My 15" with touchbar fully loaded will be here Tuesday. Ordered right when available.
    stanthemanwatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 17
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member
    So will, hopefully, my not fully loaded 15". At least I think it will, but I can't see the "Orders" section of the Apple Store.
  • Reply 3 of 17
    My fully loaded MBP 15" is coming Monday. Hurray!!!!!
  • Reply 4 of 17
    The unit is now in ANK Alaska. 
  • Reply 5 of 17
    Can confirm, shipped today, due Wed.

• 2.7GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7
    • 16GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
    • Radeon Pro 460 with 4GB VRAM
    • 512GB PCIe-based SSD
  • Reply 6 of 17
    My base model 15" w 512SSD upgrade was ordered immediately and switched to preparing for shipping when AI first reported the same. Mine is still preparing for shipping. Arg! I can report my estimated date is 17th to 25th. 
  • Reply 7 of 17
    DagmarDagmar Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    I can't wait. MBP 15" Scheduled Delivery
    11/15/2016 by End of Day
  • Reply 8 of 17
    rbonner said:
    Can confirm, shipped today, due Wed.

• 2.7GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7
    • 16GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
    • Radeon Pro 460 with 4GB VRAM
    • 512GB PCIe-based SSD
    Check the tracking number with UPS. Apple wrote that my unit was coming Wednesday but UPS told me  it is coming on Monday. I don't know why the disconnect. 
  • Reply 9 of 17
    Got notified at 6:01am PT time that my order has shipped. To be delivered on Wednesday- maxed out order, placed the 30mins after keynote.
  • Reply 10 of 17
    Just got notified at 8:48 am that my maxed out 13 inch MacBook Pro was shipped and will be delivered on the 16th of November. 
  • Reply 11 of 17
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,350member
    Hearty congratulations to all who are getting a new MBP! <insert balloons, confetti, and lasers here>

$2000 (13", RAM upgrade) is a little too pricey for me. I'll have to wait for an end-of-model line sale, or the next model. I'll definitely be visiting the Apple store in the next month or two to check it out. The new keyboard intrigues me, and I'd like to compare it to my MB keyboard, which I like very well.

The graphics are a consideration, and maybe a bit of a worry. I know nothing of the Iris 550 chipset or how it compares to my other Mac's video. That will have to wait for some detailed reviews and some Googling.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 12 of 17
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member
    Mines now showing "Preparing for shipment". Could still get here tomorrow, depending on where it's coming from.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    My custom build 15" 2.6Ghz, 512G, Radeon Pro 460 will be here Monday 11/14
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 14 of 17
    Eagerly awaiting any movement on mine.  Had the business folks at the local store order mine for me on launch day.  Nearly maxed out (2.9GHz, Radeon 460, 1TB SSD) 15" MBP.  Order status page still shows ordered Oct 28 with a "Ships: 3-4 weeks" and "Delivers Nov 28 - Dec 5 by Standard Shipping".
  • Reply 15 of 17
    Mine just got changed from Wednesday to Tuesday (tomorrow) :)
  • Reply 16 of 17
    Received notification on Friday that my 15" loaded would be here this Friday. I ordered 1 day after event so am pleased with the turn.
  • Reply 17 of 17
    Got it today.