Apple's Touch Bar MacBook Pro available for in-store pickup, stock limited

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited November 2016
Apple on Thursday activated in-store pickup as an online order option for new MacBook with Touch Bar models, though initial stock checks show extremely limited availability nationwide.

According to Apple's website, a limited number of brick-and-mortar retail outlets have both 13- and 15-inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar units ready for pickup today. Availability is anything but consistent, however, as many stores are estimated to have stock on hand on Dec. 30.

As can be expected, Apple outlets in major metropolitan areas like New York and California are receiving units first. At the time of this writing, entry-level 13-inch Touch Bar MacBook stock appears to be most prevalent as smaller regional locations and mall outlets are showing immediate availability. Stock on hand diminishes up the product line, though flagship stores currently have top-tier configurations up for sale.

Stock is still constrained for the 15-inch Touch Bar variant, and even more so for top of the line models sporting Intel's 2.7GHz quad-core Core i7 processor.

Some stores, like Apple's Fifth Avenue flagship, have all Touch Bar MacBook models in stock and ready to pick up today. Those interested in bypassing current shipment estimates of four to five weeks are urged to check pickup availability on Apple's MacBook Pro purchase webpage.

Announced in October, Apple's new Touch Bar MacBook Pros arrived in the hands of early preorder customers on Monday, with Apple retail stores receiving display models a day later.

For the latest deals on Apple's Late 2016 MacBook Pros, please visit AppleInsider's Mac Price Guide.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    rob53rob53 Posts: 3,251member
    Crazy that it would be available at the Tacoma, WA, Apple Store (15" 2.7GHz base model). Also available in Spokane, WA. Non of the 2.6GHz 15" Touch Bar models area available in WA.
    edited November 2016
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Kini Bon Kini Bon Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    Yesterday I bought a 13" with touchbar at an Apple Store in Honolulu.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,093member
    Saw the new MBP w/Touchbar for the first time a few hours ago at the SF Apple store.  Amazing piece of technology.  I sold my 2014 rMBP a couple months ago in anticipation for this new model and I was not disappointed.  Had I not been going on vacation tonight, out of the country, I would have picked one up.  At least I have one thing to look forward to when I get back.

Screw what the iHaters and legacy-crybabies say.  It's an awesome machine.

pscooter63pulseimages
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Coconut Point in Estero, FL had a few in stock. Silvers not Slate Gray. Even had a maxed out 1 TB version (or was it 2tb, in forget)

but I didn't bite
  • Reply 5 of 8
    I bought a Space Gray 15" 2.7GHz 512GB MacBook Pro w/ TouchBar from Grand Central and so far I'm loving it. 
  • Reply 6 of 8
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member
    Got mine a couple of hours ago. So far, I've set up Dropbox, mainly so I could then load the 1Password vault, which I've also set up, and mainly I've just been dicking about on the web.

It's very nice. I'm really enjoying it so far.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    I'm seeing only MBPwTB in the 8GiB configuration. Nothing in 16GiB.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    I was able to play around with both the Silver and Space Grey versions of the 15" MBP yesterday at my local Apple Store and I really liked the Space Grey version. Very sharp and the touch bar is very handy!