iPhone 7 supply remains constrained, Apple viewed as unlikely to catch up to demand by end...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    tyler82 said:
    lmagoo said:
    Can someone explain the difference between SIM free and unlocked? Aren't both still restricted to specific carriers based on the Cell radio tech they have?

No, the SIM free version can be used on any carrier- CDMA or GSM. The "unlocked" T-Mobile or ATT can only be used on GSM networks and the Verizon can only be used on CDMA. 

The wireless LTE modems are are also faster in the Sim free and Verizon models compared to the T-Mo ATT version, as reported on AI last month.
    Well, read a few articles more recent on AI and Apple just admitted to throttling down the Verzion/Qualcomm modems to be on par with the Intel modems in the GSM version of the phone.  So no benefit.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    AI is full of BS.  I picked up my iPhone 7 Plus Black 256GB last weekend.  Walked into the store and they handed me one.  I just did an online check for store availability in the Los Angeles area, and SIX Apple Stores have the iPhone 7 Plus Black 256GB.  The ship times for online orders have reduced from 3-4 weeks to 2-3 weeks.  Supply is increasing, not decreasing.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    AI is full of BS.  I picked up my iPhone 7 Plus Black 256GB last weekend.  Walked into the store and they handed me one.  I just did an online check for store availability in the Los Angeles area, and SIX Apple Stores have the iPhone 7 Plus Black 256GB.  The ship times for online orders have reduced from 3-4 weeks to 2-3 weeks.  Supply is increasing, not decreasing.
    1) How does your personal experience prove that their "iPhone 7 supply remains constrained" is a lie?

2) Who said iPhone supply was decreasing? Even the graph they show indicates that the supply is increasing. 
    cali
  • Reply 24 of 26
    Your post is BS. I went to my Apple Store and they had zero 7 Plus in stock. Apple obviously isn't even making the phone anymore. See how anecdotal evidence is kinda lame. 
    caliwatto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 26
    qwweraqwwera Posts: 281member
    Bigger bezels, honking chin and forehead is all I want. The 6/7 was a step in the right direction but, but it should be the same screen size as the first iPhone, but the footprint of the 6 plus. 

And let's not forget big glarring antenna bands and acamera rings that is off center of the curved corner diameter.

They really blew it with the 7 making it more pleasing to the eye.

• Reply 26 of 26
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,668member
    lmagoo said:
    Can someone explain the difference between SIM free and unlocked? Aren't both still restricted to specific carriers based on the Cell radio tech they have?
    Perhaps in some markets but not in all. European member states (AFAIK) do not have differences based on cell tech/carriers. If you buy a phone that is compatible with frequencies in Spain for example, it will work with all carriers.