What is the best "Learn French" software out there?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Not "Learn TO French" just "French" ... I get enough spam as it is!

I would love to learn French and relearn German, but the number of tutoring programs out there is staggering. Does anyone have suggestions, experience?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    Nope.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    There're big buildings called "Schools" that you may want to look into.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by MacGregor:

<strong>Not "Learn TO French" just "French" ... I get enough spam as it is!

I would love to learn French and relearn German, but the number of tutoring programs out there is staggering. Does anyone have suggestions, experience?

Thanks in advance.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I don't want to offend any French or Canadians here but I hate French, don't learn it. Weren't you forced enough to have to learn another language?

Anyways, this seems useful for you:

<a href="http://directory.google.com/Top/Computers/Software/Educational/Languages/"; target="_blank">http://directory.google.com/Top/Computers/Software/Educational/Languages/</a>;
  • Reply 4 of 7
    jamiljamil Posts: 210member
    Maybe... get a french girlfriend who's fluent in German!!!???

Seriously, I haven't tried any. I've been thinking of trying the stuff from Transparent.com but haven't had the time to do so yet.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Go to the International pane of System Preferences, and turn your default language to French.

• Reply 6 of 7
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    [quote]Originally posted by Jamil:

<strong>Maybe... get a french girlfriend who's fluent in German!!!???

.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Or may be the contrary . I suggest you a swiss girlfriend speaking boss French and german, two of the official languages of the helvetic confederation. Add that they are supposed to speak slowly, which is better to learn.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    macgregormacgregor Posts: 1,434member
    I (briefly) already had a Swiss girlfriend. Perhaps the sweetest person I've ever met. I want to be better prepared next time.