Fry's claims Apple's BeatsX earbuds due on Dec. 5

Posted:
in General Discussion
Contrasting with another recent online listing, electronics retailer Fry's is now saying that Apple's BeatsX earbuds will ship on Dec. 5.

A product page on the Fry's website notes that the company is currently accepting back orders with an estimated Dec. 5 target. The retailer is charging $149.95, as elsewhere.

Last week, a B&H listing appeared indicating the earbuds will ship on Dec. 16. The discrepancy implies that one or both websites are only making guesses, since such product launches tend to take place simultaneously across chains.

The BeatsX are one of two missing products with Apple's W1 wireless chip that were promised to ship in time for Christmas. In fact the other, the AirPods, were originally expected to ship earlier this fall. The Beats Solo3 Wireless and Powerbeats3 Wireless are already on shelves.

The W1 chip makes it easier to pair with Apple devices, while also improving battery life and range, in some cases as far as 400 feet.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    Wanted AirPods by Black Friday but... now looking very unlikely!
    sockrolid
  • Reply 2 of 10
    tshapitshapi Posts: 370member
    White iPhone 4. Announced along side the rest of the line up. Didn't show up til about April of the following year if I remember correctly. 
    sockrolidschlackentropysRayz2016
  • Reply 3 of 10
    sockrolidsockrolid Posts: 2,789member
    I personally don't care about any Beats products.
    AirPods are all I will need.
    schlack
  • Reply 4 of 10
    sockrolidsockrolid Posts: 2,789member

tshapi said:
    White iPhone 4. Announced along side the rest of the line up. Didn't show up til about April of the following year if I remember correctly. 
    Because if it isn't good enough, it doesn't ship.
    Fine with me.
    schlackwatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 10
    JinTechJinTech Posts: 1,023member
    tshapi said:
    Steve Jobs would have never allowed that. Oh wait...
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 10
    This suggests that AirPods are close to hitting the market. The BeatsX earbuds are not a premium (high-priced) product like the models Beats has already introduced with the new W1 processor.
    edited November 2016
  • Reply 7 of 10
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    tshapi said:
    The white iPhone wasn't necessary to ease the loss of a major port. AirPods are the primary answer to the removal of the headphone jack. No other BT earbuds come close to offering this level of battery life, convenience, compatibility, and ease of use. 
    edited November 2016
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Plenty of good bluetooth headsets on the market. In my opinion, Beats is more hype than anything else. I find them to be uncomfortable, bass-heavy, and overpriced for what they are. The W1 chip is a convenience, but once you pair a headset you usually don't have to worry about it...
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    mac_128 said:
    tshapi said:
    The white iPhone wasn't necessary to ease the loss of a major port. AirPods are the primary answer to the removal of the headphone jack. No other BT earbuds come close to offering this level of battery life, convenience, compatibility, and ease of use. 
    I think the primary answer is to use the headphones or the dongle that comes with the phone. I imagine that's what most people will do. 
    williamlondonwatto_cobra