Samsung races to match Apple's iPhone 7 with new glossy black Galaxy S7

Comments

• Reply 21 of 45
    Samsung is just pathetic.
    caliwatto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 45
    Hard to imagine 15,000+ new phones being activated per day .... 
    viclauyycwatto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 45
    mwhitemwhite Posts: 287member
    Samscum plays follow the leader again...
    caliwatto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 45
    Rayz2016 said:
    I guess it's true....

That is the most fascinating video I have ever seen on this site. 

Seriously. 
    I agree. Although I could only get as far as the mixing part... then I felt like I had to throw up, so I had to (reluctantly) give up...
    Rayz2016watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 45
    You're probably right in saying it is more of a move to renew interest in the S7. And since the Jet Black iPhone is/was a success in terms of customer demand, why not use something similar? They might also get a few naive buyers who would have otherwise bought an iPhone.
    Agreed. Worldwide some of the other manufacturers sell phones, but in the US only two companies matter. 

This is a move that I think would be a good one for Apple also (new colors later in the cycle). If the rumors of the Jet White play out, it would probably help keep the sales momentum for longer though the product cycle. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 45
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,198member
    Apple's Jet Black is more than just a color. It's a finish. And it not only looks great, it feels fantastic.
    BWYS_NWYBsuddenly newtoncaliwatto_cobraration al
  • Reply 27 of 45
    cpsro said:
    Apple's Jet Black is more than just a color. It's a finish. And it not only looks great, it feels fantastic.
    LOL..statements like this one will ensure that Jony Ive continues to do the promo videos at product launches. At least some fans buy into those spots. 
    singularity
  • Reply 28 of 45
    tzeshantzeshan Posts: 2,351member
    To be fair to Samsung, Samsung is doing this to please the fandroids.  
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 29 of 45
    There goes Samsung again, along with Google, the biggest copycat game anywhere.  Their mobile handset business model is just "copy Apple and hope it sells."  It's really disappointing to see such a phone and hypocritical business model.
    caliwatto_cobra
  • Reply 30 of 45
    BWYS_NWYB said:
    cpsro said:
    LOL..statements like this one will ensure that Jony Ive continues to do the promo videos at product launches. At least some fans buy into those spots. 
    Unlike your trolling, I actually own a Jet Black and it is indeed a tactile finish and not just a color. Get a clue, holmes. Or just go away?
    BWYS_NWYBcaliwatto_cobraration al
  • Reply 31 of 45
    Shamesung 
    caliwatto_cobra
  • Reply 32 of 45
    BWYS_NWYB said:
    cpsro said:
    I don't think people need Jony Ive to tell them that the Jet Black has a special finishing. Even if it was Tim Cook himself doing the promo, we are not that gullible to believe whatever the ads say. Saying that, remarks like yours are nothing but contempt.
    caliwatto_cobra
  • Reply 33 of 45
    Advertising must be rough on Samsung now. Failed marketing attempts:
    "Samsung, Blow out sale!" no wait. "Samsung's blowing up the internet with new glossy" ...ehhh no. Hmm, how about we start clean and wash our selves of this. hahahaha. 

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ewanspence/2016/09/10/stop-using-the-samsung-galaxy-note-7/#6462022d4a16

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/09/29/samsung-washing-machines-exploding_n_12252342.html
    caliwatto_cobra
  • Reply 34 of 45
    Unlike your trolling, I actually own a Jet Black and it is indeed a tactile finish and not just a color. Get a clue, holmes. Or just go away?
    Listen, "Holmes", I get you think you are the authority on trolling, but the fact that I find it comical than an adult thinks his smartphone "feels amazing" does not make me a troll. But your reaction says hell of alot more about you. Someone can be a fan, but not a fanboy. This site does have a high percentage of its active posters that are fanboys and I get those of you that are think you have to protect the Apple brand.

I actually joined because as a long time fan of Apple, I think you fellas actually hurt the brand with your rants. 
    edited November 2016 digitolsingularity
  • Reply 35 of 45
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    BWYS_NWYB said:
    but I am certain I currently own more Apple products than you have ever had in your 20 some years on this Earth.
    FYI: Saying how much Apple stuff you've purchased is a huge reg flag when it comes to trollish behaviour. Maybe you're just trying to lorde over StrangeDays, but elitism is potentially worse.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 36 of 45
    Soli said:
    FYI: Saying how much Apple stuff you've purchased is a huge reg flag when it comes to trollish behaviour. Maybe you're just trying to lorde over StrangeDays, but elitism is potentially worse.
    Fair point. Certainly not the intent of my post. (Fixed). Do you not fine it juvenile that any criticism of Apple or even fanboy rants, earns you the troll label? I'm new here. I'll adjust. I like how engaged other fans are here. Sometimes to a fault.  
  • Reply 37 of 45
    BWYS_NWYB said:
    Do you not fine it juvenile that any criticism of Apple or even fanboy rants, earns you the troll label?
    It all depends on the delivery.
    BWYS_NWYBwatto_cobra
  • Reply 38 of 45
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    BWYS_NWYB said:
    Soli said:
    Fair point. Certainly not the intent of my post. (Fixed). Do you not fine it juvenile that any criticism of Apple or even fanboy rants, earns you the troll label? I'm new here. I'll adjust. I like how engaged other fans are here. Sometimes to a fault.  
     I can tell you're new here. You're going to get destroyed. Apple fanboys aren't irrational idiots like android fanboys.
    watto_cobraericthehalfbee
  • Reply 39 of 45
    cali said:
    BWYS_NWYB said:
    Soli said:
     I can tell you're new here. You're going to get destroyed. Apple fanboys aren't irrational idiots like android fanboys.
    Let's be fair, there are "deplorables" on all sides. This site, however, tends to have fewer longtime irrational posters than sites like MacRumours, but they still exist. I believe that BWYS_NWYB will become a fine member of this community with a little practice. I've certainly learned to present my comments better from my involvement with this community over the past 10+ years+

• Pro Tip 1: Try not to use hyperbole or trigger words.
    • Pro Tip 1: Try to state an opinion as an opinion, and cite sources when stating facts.
    BWYS_NWYBroundaboutnowwatto_cobraration al
  • Reply 40 of 45
    ….Well, this helps Samsung, keep the R&D costs Low.

Ah yes, as in "Rip-off & Disguise"
    watto_cobra