Apple issues fourth developer betas of iOS 10.2, macOS Sierra 10.12.2, watchOS 3.1.1

Posted:
in General Discussion
Apple on Monday provided registered developers with new pre-release builds of three to test on three its four major platforms: iOS, macOS, and watchOS.

Developers can now download all three betas from Apple's developer portal, or via Software Update on registered devices. The build numbers are identified as:
  • macOS Sierra 10.12.2 beta 4 (16C53a)
  • iOS 10.2 beta 4 (14C82)
  • watchOS 3.1.1 beta 4 (14S879)
The updates for macOS and iOS arrive two weeks after developers were provided with the third beta. Notably, a new build of tvOS was not supplied this time.

For many, the most obvious changes in iOS 10.2 may be its emoji, as the update includes redrawn images and 72 new characters, conforming with Unicode 9.0. The new iOS and tvOS versions also include a new dedicated "TV" app.

iPhone 7 owners will also gain new wallpapers with the forthcoming iOS 10.2 release, while the native Videos app gains widget support. Apple is also adding a new "Celebration" effect in messages.

iOS 10.2 and tvOS 10.1 will also add single sign-on support for streaming TV, allowing users subscribed to cable or online-only services to access channels across multiple apps without constantly re-authenticating.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    IS THE BLUETOOTH ISSUES FIXED FOR IPHONE 7 USERS???????
  • Reply 2 of 15
    iOS 10.x has been a disaster so far! I've never had to reboot/force-close so much in all my iOS versions put together!

Apple! please, please, please spend the next 6 months just making it more stable!!! I don't care about new features right now! just fix the ones you already have!!!
    tokyojimu
  • Reply 3 of 15
    Yawn.. 
    Big deal.
    I wonder if Apple is creating a new language with all these emoji's and stickers. Because they seem to be hard up on these now. 
    Just what we need...... More emoji's
    brian green
  • Reply 4 of 15
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    F1Tyler said:
    THERE IS NO BLUETOOTH ISSUES FOR IPHONE 7 USERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING????????????????
    edited November 2016 wonkothesaneai46StrangeDaysbrian greennetmage
  • Reply 5 of 15
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member

krreagan2 said:
    iOS 10.x has been a disaster so far! I've never had to reboot/force-close so much in all my iOS versions put together!

Apple! please, please, please spend the next 6 months just making it more stable!!! I don't care about new features right now! just fix the ones you already have!!!
    Please give us an example of features that don’t work so we can tell you they do indeed work for the vast majority of users and it’s just your misconfigured, hosed installation and nothing else. Oh, and by the way, every version of every operating system Apple has ever released has been a complete disaster for somebody. So...
    wonkothesaneai46StrangeDaysnetmagelongpath
  • Reply 6 of 15
    OTA Public Beta is now available too. 
  • Reply 7 of 15
    lkrupp said:
    F1Tyler said:
    THERE IS NO BLUETOOTH ISSUES FOR IPHONE 7 USERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING????????????????
    Unfortunately, I'm having a Bluetooth issue with my iPhone 7 Plus.  The transmission garbles intermittently when the device is under network load (or at least that's what it seems like... hard to say).  This did not happen on my old iPhone 6 Plus with iOS 10 on it.  My guess is that it's somehow related to the low power cores and its utilization of them.  Only God knows... but I'm sticking with phone and hoping it gets fixed in a future release.
  • Reply 8 of 15
    ljm828312 said:
    Yawn.. 
    Big deal.
    I wonder if Apple is creating a new language with all these emoji's and stickers. Because they seem to be hard up on these now. 
    Just what we need...... More emoji's
    Do your anti emoji people understand that apple doesn't invent these? There's a committee, and new stuff is considered and added. It is then up to the OSes to implement.
    edited November 2016 dewme
  • Reply 9 of 15

lkrupp said:
    F1Tyler said:
    Unfortunately, I'm having a Bluetooth issue with my iPhone 7 Plus.  The transmission garbles intermittently when the device is under network load (or at least that's what it seems like... hard to say).  This did not happen on my old iPhone 6 Plus with iOS 10 on it.  My guess is that it's somehow related to the low power cores and its utilization of them.  Only God knows... but I'm sticking with phone and hoping it gets fixed in a future release.
    May want to get that looked at -- no such issue here. 
  • Reply 10 of 15
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    I realize most people on AI these days don't know what a Mac is and think Apple only makes iOS devices, but for the few old folks here, the latest beta macOS is just great on a range of Macs from 2010 MBP, 2012 iMac, 2015 Mac mini and 2016 MBA to my Mac Pro 6 core.
    longpath
  • Reply 11 of 15
  • Reply 12 of 15
    F1Tyler said:
    Based on observations of bluetooth issues associated with the iPhone 7, the answer to that question depends on whether the other device(s) and software have been updated to reflect the current Bluetooth spec. For example, the Polar V800 could not properly initiate a sync with my iPhone 7; but had no such issue with my prior iPhone 5S, both running iOS 10. When the client software, Polar Flow, was updated on 17 October, the problem immediately cleared up. This indicates that it never was an issue with the iPhone 7, per se; but a failure of other vendors, Polar Electro in my case, who had failed to stay current on Bluetooth errata. Anecdotal evidence of people with similar issues with factory bluetooth head units in their automobiles indicates the same causality. 
  • Reply 13 of 15
    lkrupp said:

krreagan2 said:

Please give us an example of features that don’t work so we can tell you they do indeed work for the vast majority of users and it’s just your misconfigured, hosed installation and nothing else. Oh, and by the way, every version of every operating system Apple has ever released has been a complete disaster for somebody. So...
    You are right!!! but I've had 3 different iPhones (4s, 5s & 6s) 15 total phones (myself, my wife and 3 kids) and never had this much problem! And it exhibits issues on ALL 5 6s iPhones (3 of the Plus variety). They worked great with iOS 9.x. I have a lot of experience with re/configuring... iPhones!! iOS 10 has been a cluster fuck so far based on my experience!  We generally go over 50GB data per month so my family gets  pretty substantial use out of their phones.
    Examples: Email freezing on displaying PDFs, iMessages loosing images and whole conversations. Battery indicator issues, Bluetooth failures locking out head phone that are physically plugged in, Wifi loosing its configuration... That's just off the top of my head!
  • Reply 14 of 15

lkrupp said:
    F1Tyler said:
    May want to get that looked at -- no such issue here. 
    Ok, thanks StrangeDays.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    Hey all, has anyone not been able to update to beta 4 on any devices?  I have my MBP updated to 10.12.2 b4 but my Mac mini is still at beta 3 and no update will show up.

Thanks!