Apple updates Final Cut Pro X with minor bug fixes

Posted:
in Mac Software edited November 2016
Apple on Tuesday pushed out a minor update for its premiere video editing tool Final Cut Pro X, addressing library and Paste Attributes issues, among other feature fixes.

Final Cut Pro X version 10.3.1 brings a trio of resolutions targeting file handling and user interface issues, as well as a peculiar image cropping bug apparently tied to system language settings, according to Apple's release notes.

Of note, the latest Final Cut Pro X iteration fixes an issue that presented images incorrectly when Spanish or Spanish (Mexico) was selected as the preferred language in Language & Region System Preference. Those affected by the bug saw some images appear cropped in the app's viewer.

A second issue proved more urgent for a wider swath of Apple's customer base. In particular, some users ran into trouble when using the Paste Attributes tool to copy color correction tweaks between clips. Color correction is an important and often mandatory step in basic NLE workflows.

The update also addressed a minor problem tied to updating file libraries.

Today's update comes one month after Apple released Final Cut Pro X 10.3 with new features and a revamped user interface designed to take advantage of the company's new MacBook Pro with Touch Bar hardware. Specifically, the latest FCPX iteration brings editing tool selection, audio adjustment sliders, clip scrubbing -- prominently featured in subsequent MacBook Pro TV spots -- and more to the Touch Bar.

Final Cut Pro X version 10.3.1 is available as a free download for existing customers, while new users can purchase the video editing suite from the Mac App Store for $299.99.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    Meh, niche market, not the iPhone, just sell it off. Who cares. The only thing that matters is the iPhone and coffee table books. Screw those loser Mac users. 
    ksecfreethinking
  • Reply 2 of 15
    blastdoor said:
    Meh, niche market, not the iPhone, just sell it off. Who cares. The only thing that matters is the iPhone and coffee table books. Screw those loser Mac users. 

Yet Apple *just* released brand new Macs. 

If if you're going to troll, at least do it effectively.
    bestkeptsecretairbubblemacxpresssteveh
  • Reply 3 of 15
    Pro apps and the touchbar really could be a great combo. Very eager to try it out even though I'm more anxious to see how they bring the touchbar to the desktop. 
    baconstangstevehration al
  • Reply 4 of 15
    blastdoorblastdoor Posts: 3,278member
    blastdoor said:

Theoretically speaking, isn't an effective troll one who elicits a response?

Thanks for your reply! 
    sphericGeorgeBMac
  • Reply 5 of 15
    ksecksec Posts: 1,569member
    It seems to be FCP has relinquish into Prosumer usage only. Does anyone know if any Hollywood studio are using FCP?
  • Reply 6 of 15
    Apple on Tuesday pushed out a minor update for its premiere video editing tool 

Are you sure that's the best adjective here?
    jblongzbaconstangsphericration al
  • Reply 7 of 15
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member
    ksec said:
    It seems to be FCP has relinquish into Prosumer usage only. Does anyone know if any Hollywood studio are using FCP?
    Focus (Warner Bros, starring Will Smith) was edited on FCPX last year.  Whiskey Tango Foxtrot (Paramount, starring Tina Fey) was cut on FCPX.

On TV George To The Rescue on NBC is edited in FCPX.

So no, not "prosumer use only". Not even close.
    stevehration al
  • Reply 8 of 15
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    blastdoor said:

Ye, but it's not the Mac I WANTED! It doesn't have USB-A, parallel, SCSI and ADB ports, it has no Blu-Ray drive or a punched card reader (SERIOUSLY??). It isn't in a nice 1mm enclosure that tickles my God-like appreciation of design and aesthetics and match my office wallpaper (SERIOUSLY??) and it doesn't cost the same as a low-end Dell. This machine is a failure, so I'm going to wait until Apple comes to its senses and gives us the MacBook WAAAAAAMBULANCE! Edition that they know 146% (AT LEAST!) of their customers are clamouring for. 
    sphericmacxpresssteveh
  • Reply 9 of 15
    ksec said:
    Lots of pros use FCPX. I use it. It is hands down the best NLE around. For pure editing it trounces everything else. I also cut using Premiere, Avid and Resolve.  I bought a new MacBook Pro and it's also the best Mac I've owned (having owned about 15 different macs in the last 20 years). New MacBook Pro paired with a Pegasus Raid system and hooked up to my 2 42" 4K Tv's. It's a dream system. Considering buying an external GPU unit when they get released. Its great to be able to detach the laptop from all the peripherals and have this ultra sleek laptop to take around with me but able to plug it into great gear for a real workstation experience. 
    monstrositystevehration albillrey
  • Reply 10 of 15
    ksec said:

That would be iMovie...which I think is a little more than consumer, but not quite prosumer. Consumer would be something like Windows Movie Maker IMO. 
    steveh
  • Reply 11 of 15
    volcanvolcan Posts: 1,799member
    Your entire post sounds like complete BS to me.
  • Reply 12 of 15
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    blastdoor said:

I'd assumed that was ironic humor.  I can't help feeling the same at times, as a huge Mac enthusiast and pro user, who uses an iPad to watch Netflix and an iPhone to (gasp) make the occasional phone call (the extent of my social media use is Flickr), I feel iOS dominates all AI news too much but since that's where the money is, and as a large AAPL shareholder I put up with it.  In my world iOS  and macOS are like comparing your bicycle and Ferrari.  Yes there are for more bicycles in the world ;)  Perhaps there are Mac centric blogs out there I should be looking for ... 
  • Reply 13 of 15

ksec said:
    Lots of pros use FCPX. I use it. It is hands down the best NLE around. For pure editing it trounces everything else. I also cut using Premiere, Avid and Resolve.  I bought a new MacBook Pro and it's also the best Mac I've owned (having owned about 15 different macs in the last 20 years). New MacBook Pro paired with a Pegasus Raid system and hooked up to my 2 42" 4K Tv's. It's a dream system. Considering buying an external GPU unit when they get released. Its great to be able to detach the laptop from all the peripherals and have this ultra sleek laptop to take around with me but able to plug it into great gear for a real workstation experience. 
    Stick a Mac Pro in there too and really have some fun :)
  • Reply 14 of 15

volcan said:
    Your entire post sounds like complete BS to me.
    Why on earth would you say that?
  • Reply 15 of 15
    I'm another pro editor. I much prefer FCP X over Avid, Premiere Pro er Resolve. The editing workflow is the best in the business. It has some flaws, but all editing suites do. On balance IMO, FCP X is the best editor around. I also just got a new MBP 2016, fully loaded with the touch bar. It's an amazing editing machine with FCP X. I think most of the whiners, ironically, actually *aren't* pros.