AppleInsider podcast talks scaling back production of iPhone 7, external GPUs, and Nokia back from

Posted:
in General Discussion
This week on the AppleInsider podcast, Victor and Mikey discuss the the iPhone 7 production rumors, the surprise acquisition of Pebble by Fitbit, and Nokia's brand revival from the dead.

AppleInsider editors Mikey Campbell and Victor Marks dig into the latest news:

• Apple reported to scale back production of iPhone 7 as demand levels off
  • The hacks and performance increases from using an external Thunderbolt GPU
  • Fitbit buying Pebble smart watches
  • Netflix offline viewing
  • The iPhone 6s battery replacement program
  • HMD Global and phones labeled 'Nokia'
The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for "AppleInsider." Click here to listen, subscribe, and don't forget to rate our show.

Listen to the embedded SoundCloud feed below:

Show note links:
Follow our hosts on Twitter: @mikeycampbell81 and @vmarks.

Feedback and comments are always appreciated. Please contact the AppleInsider podcast at [email protected] and follow us on Twitter @appleinsider, plus Facebook and Instagram.

Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at [email protected].

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    How about finishing eating and drinking BEFORE you start recording? Just a thought...
    mobiusStrangeDays
  • Reply 2 of 15
    vmarksvmarks Posts: 762editor
    You can tell Mikey, but whether or not he listens...
  • Reply 3 of 15
    Yeah, love the podcast but wtf was with the eating. So distracting. I could barely get through it.
    mobiusStrangeDays
  • Reply 4 of 15
    The guy talking about not liking beats because of sound quality is EATING directly into the microphone.
    Indymo33mobius
  • Reply 5 of 15
    vmarksvmarks Posts: 762editor
    We will make sure to feed Mikey before the mic turns on. And yes, I get people who don't like Beats as high-fidelity audio snobs, but come on. 
    Indymo33
  • Reply 6 of 15
    This is the worst podcast ever.  I mean seriously WTF is the stuffing your pie hole while you talk.  You know if that's all the respect you give listeners and readers of your stuff then I'm done. It is like you don't give one crap about this. Like it a burden. 

I listened to one other podcast from you guys and the other guy was breathing into the microphone the whole time.  Horrible.  Seriously. I can't even give you three strikes.  The host is good. It the other guests.  Horrible. 

edited December 2016 mobiusStrangeDays
  • Reply 7 of 15
    mobiusmobius Posts: 380member
    OMFG - I just could not listen to this past the 15 minute mark. It sounded like one of you guys was eating. It's pretty revolting to listen to someone masticating and talking at the same time. Can you imagine sitting down to watch the news and the newsreader is tucking into his lunch live on air?! Don't you care about your listenership? Seems like you really don't. Unbelievable.

It's bad enough when podcasters can't even be bothered to mute their phones and tablets - thereby making the listener think any audible notifications are from your own phone. But this just takes the biscuit!

I don't think I'll be listening any more.
    edited December 2016 Indymo33StrangeDays
  • Reply 8 of 15
    I tried to listen to this podcast today and could not finish it due to Mikey's constant eating.  Very unprofessional and not respectful of your listeners.
    Indymo33mobiusStrangeDays
  • Reply 9 of 15
    annnnnnnnndddddddd then his phone rings. I used to really like this podcast. I wish you'd take it more seriously. This was below going through the motions - basically contempt for your listeners. I hope casper got their money back for this one.
    Indymo33mobiusStrangeDays
  • Reply 10 of 15
    nilspjac said:
    How about finishing eating and drinking BEFORE you start recording? Just a thought...
    Man oh man, I couldn't believe it. Had to switch it off. Very unprofessional. 
    mobius
  • Reply 11 of 15
    Kaiser35 said:
    annnnnnnnndddddddd then his phone rings. I used to really like this podcast. I wish you'd take it more seriously. This was below going through the motions - basically contempt for your listeners. I hope casper got their money back for this one.
    I was going to comment on the phone too.  And yea, if this is the kind of marketing Casper supports I need to call them because I will blow them away with the professionalism I exhibit. I am in marketing and this is (as I thought as I listened to it), wasted money. I'm in marketing and I about choked on my tongue to hear this was sponsored.  

mobius
  • Reply 12 of 15
    How about burping and farting on the next show? That's gonna definitely attract more listeners... Making those sounds is not just unprofessional, it's freaking irritating!!!
    mobius
  • Reply 13 of 15
    Please don't eat on the mic. It makes my skin crawl.
    mobius
  • Reply 14 of 15
    Holy smokes man.  Constantly eating through the episode is really gross.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,834member
    vmarks said:
    You can tell Mikey, but whether or not he listens...
    Months late to the party, but -- are you serious? Why would AI allow such disrespect of your own audience? If you aren't serious enough to record a podcast in a professional fashion, then I'm not serious enough to waste my time listening to it. Fail.