New research data shows iPhone at top of sales charts by vendor across most of the world

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,842moderator
    sog35 said:
    sog35 said:
    Apple needs to send more $$$ to 'research' companies like Kantar.  Send them a couple million.

Do the same with IDC. Nice little $5 million check.

Apple is waging a PROPAGANDA WAR versus Wall Street, the tech media, and its rivals. Spending $10 million a year on marketing expense to these research companies is well worth it.

Spending $20 million a year is a drop in the bucket compared to the cost to shareholders from negative bullshit 'research'.  Gogoggle, Samdung, and Microshit all plays this same game. Apple should join and pay out even more $$$
    So you want Apple to "bribe" research companies to make it look favorable?
    Yes. This is a PROPAGANDA WAR. A war that Apple is in if they like it or not.

The last 2 years they stood by quietly and Wall Street has raided Apple shareholders of HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS in shareholder value.

Its not like Apple has to tell them to lie. All Apple wants to the truth. Right now these companies are publishing lies.
    It shouldn't be about the stock price. Apple has a perfect mechanism for dealing with the attacks, misinformation and outright lies regarding the stock price; they can simply take advantage of the dislocation by buying back shares, which is exactly what they have done. Apple should speak out against the attacks and misinformation ONLY when such has the potential to undermine customer confidence and thereby harm the company's business or sales. Defending the company in such circumstances also can bolster or support the stock price, but that should never be the goal.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    sog35 said:
    Rayz2016 said:
    sog35 said:
    Rayz2016 said:
    sog35 said:
    sog35 said:
    Apple needs to send more $$$ to 'research' companies like Kantar.  Send them a couple million.

Apple is waging a PROPAGANDA WAR versus Wall Street, the tech media, and its rivals. Spending $10 million a year on marketing expense to these research companies is well worth it.

Spending $20 million a year is a drop in the bucket compared to the cost to shareholders from negative bullshit 'research'.  Gogoggle, Samdung, and Microshit all plays this same game. Apple should join and pay out even more $$$
    sog recommends that Apple be managed like Samsung. Samsung is now up on charges of paying bribes to Korean officials. Again. A few years ago, it was disclosed that Samsung paid people to post false comments at online sites praising Samsung phones and criticizing iPhones. At other times, it provided gifts to "journalists" reviewing its products. Only a foolish person would rely on Samsung to be honest. To win an imaginary "war with Wall Street," sog recommends that Apple abandon its reputation for honest dealing and manipulate the share price.

Apple does pay companies to survey consumers, but it does so under private contract and keeps survey results as trade secrets. Because Apple survey results are not released publicly, there is no incentive to distort the results as a means of influencing customer buying patterns. By contrast, the IDC-type surveys are performed both to collect useful data but also as a marketing tool for the company that pays for its surveys.
    And look where this has taken Samsung? They are the undisputed #2 smartphone maker and raking in billions in profits before the Note7 fiasco.  This is despite having zero innovation.

If an crappy company like Samsung can reach such heights with a smart and aggressive ANTI-PROPAGANDA campaign, imagine what Apple can do?

Apple does not need the media, research groups, fans, ect to tell lies. They simply need them to tell the truth. Its not a bribe when you pay someone to tell the truth.
    A question for you:

If Apple paid these companies and they said something unfavourable that happened to be true (like Apple being fined for not filling out its waste disposal forms), would that be okay?

I would not send the check that month
    Got it. So you want Apple to start bribing people. 

Sell all your Apple and buy Samsung. I think they have the CEO you're looking for. 
    Its not bribes if its the truth

Yes, but it's only the truth that you are happy for people to hear. If they print something unfavourable then you punish them by withholding the check. This is precisely what has destroyed the news media today.

If you punish people when they print stuff you don't like, and then reward them when they print stuff you do like, then that is essentially bribery, no matter how hard you try to dress it up otherwise.

As I said: sell your Apple stock. Samsung is a much closer match for your moral outlook.
    cali
  • Reply 23 of 27
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    sog35 said:
    frac said:
    sog35 said:

Have you learned nothing...gained no insight or understood anything in Apple's long relationship with it's users?
    Apple is a class act, flawed...but still above that sort of crap. Answer me this...How can you be sure of anything meaningful about the desirability or quality of your product if paying  yes men is your feedback source?
    I'm not paying these companies to lie and be yes men.

I'm paying these companies to be fair and honest.

Look at the ridiculous news about the removal of the head phone jack. I don't need the media to lie about. I need them to tell the truth only.

Paying the media to tell the truth isn't in any way morally wrong.

Rubbish. You've already said that you will withhold the check if they print something that happens to be true, but you don't happen to like it. That is is morally wrong. You should pay them for highlighting the truth so you can act on it.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    "So you want Apple to "bribe" research companies to make it look favorable?" What bribe? Do you think MS, GOOGL, SAMSUNG, et al, aren't subscribing to research, hiring market consultants, and buying ads in industry media? It's not a bribe if you're paying for research, ideas, and ads. It's a business expense and a pay the piper culture started long before Apple came along. Watch the negativity disappear for a mere $100m.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    Wouldn't Tim Cook telling the truth be cheaper?
  • Reply 26 of 27
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    koop said:
    apple ][ said:
    And everybody condescendingly bloviates that "fake news" is an affliction of Trump supporters (which, of course, it is).... No, it's endemic. It's all around us, from both the Right and the Left.
    No kidding.

When I hear the term 'fake news', I immediately think of CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, New York Times etc. The mainstream media is the #1 culprit behind fake, BS news and lies.

I find it funny that those same outlets are now worried about so-called 'fake news'. They can all kiss my ass. They're not needed anymore, and their game is up. The charade is over, they can all go to hell, or even better, they can go out of business, and then go to hell.
    Oh cry me a river you baby. It's uninformed goobers like yourself that push false equivalencies that undermine our democracy. Interesting you didn't list Fox News or Wall Street Journal. No, actually it's not interesting at all. You're basically Republican-Bot-#242214.

I'm sure Mark Levin, Sean Hannity and Rush would be proud.
    You can't use elitist, big words and phrases like 'false equivalencies' in arguments with 'these people'!  Next you'll be explaining anthropomorphic climate change!  It's all just too bigly for them!