Adobe Lightroom updated for iOS, macOS; brings one-handed editing to iPhone

Posted:
in iPhone
Adobe has issued an update to the macOS and iOS versions of Lightroom, adding one-handed editing features for the iPhone, with similar changes coming to the Mac and iPad in a later revision.

The update for the iPhone and iPod Touch is a result of Adobe's conversations with photographers, and has resulted in editing tools grouped together by workflow, rather than functionality or family.

A new photo information section has been added, giving users the ability to add metadata such as captions, copyright information, and other titles and tags. Also added is a new reference view, allowing for direct comparison of two images next to each other on the same screen, useful for white balance settings, according to Adobe.

Version 2.6.0 also alters image capture slightly for all platforms, as well as implements various bug fixes and speed improvements across the board.

Adobe Lightroom for iPhone requires iOS 9.3 or later, and 126MB of device storage space above and beyond any stored photos. The iPad version minus the editing tool additions occupies 130MB of storage space.

Lightroom for Mac is not available on the Mac App Store, and is obtainable through Adobe directly, as one app included in a monthly subscription, for as low as $9.99 a month.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    I have LM as part of my Photoshop set from Adobe CC but still use Aperture all day, everyday for work.  
  • Reply 2 of 7
    mr omr o Posts: 1,046member
    They really need to update the interface of Lightroom on macOS. It looks very Beta, with a clumsy interface font. Very much out of synch with the other Adobe apps, like Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator.

>:x
  • Reply 3 of 7
    mr o said:
    They really need to update the interface of Lightroom on macOS. It looks very Beta, with a clumsy interface font. Very much out of synch with the other Adobe apps, like Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator.

Are you using CC, mine looks great and very professional. Love it
  • Reply 4 of 7
    djkfisher said:
    mr o said:

Does LM have the ability create stacks by time?  That's key to me if and when I transition, that and save all versions after any modification.
    edited December 2016
  • Reply 5 of 7
    mr omr o Posts: 1,046member
    djkfisher said:
    mr o said:

Yes I am. I am very annoyed with the font on the top right corner. It is taking a lot of screen estate and looks awful:

Compare this to Adobe Illustrator CC:

And Photoshop CC:

Adobe could do with a Styleguide, for internal use.

edited December 2016
  • Reply 6 of 7
    dhjdhj said:
    Lightroom is so slow and so way behind Aperture...such a damn shame that Apple dropped Aperture. If they didn't care about it anymore they should have open sourced it so that others could maintain/enhance it
    Agree x ∞  .  I know this is a rant done to death but one last time ....

Dropping Aperture rather than going with Aperture Pro X as with other pro apps is IMHO the worst mistake Apple ever made in software.  I understand the vision they had for Photos but that is oriented to iOS users and non professionals and of course I love it and use it too, it is just totally useless for my professional work.

I love how Aperture interacts perfectly with everything, my work flow is seamless and fast.  My slew of plug ins and even the latest 2017 Photoshop while maintaining layers and updates a 'version' when you use the external edit option.   The superb stacking and time stacks I use all the time for bracketed shots. I could go on.   I dread every macOS update these days in case it breaks Aperture.  This is sad after always looking forward to OS updates.  It's the main reason I maintain a Developer account these days having sold off my software company and don't really need it.  I need a heads up of what is coming to give me time.  I know I have to look at LM which I own more but every time I do i hate it.  

Affinity is working on a system for something similar, I am hoping they do as good of a job on an Aperture replacement as they have with Photo and Designer.  I love Affinity Photo but have used Photoshop since it was in beta so can use it in my sleep otherwise I'd have switched.
    edited December 2016