Trump says SoftBank to invest $50B in US, hopes to create 50,000 jobs

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 52
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member

I'm guessing that their use of the wording "hoping to create 50,000 jobs" should be taken as, we're going to buy T-Mobile for $50b, and hope that we can create 50,000 jobs (total amount of combined company, not new jobs), but if we have to let 20,000 people go instead, due to redundancies, then so be it... Oh, and let's make America great again, by having yet another US company get acquired by a foreign company, because that will help make America great again.
    You do realize T-Mobile isn't an American company right? 
    Personally, I didn't know. But what I do know is that it doesn't really even make much of a difference when pretty much all publicly owned American corporations have no loyalty to the USA. They have loyalty to the pursuit of profit, the primary shareholders, and Wall Street. That's loyalty to the corporatocracy. The oligarchy. Not to the nation of origin. Everything they've been doing since they started eliminating American industry and jobs proves it.
  • Reply 42 of 52
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member

spice-boy said:

sdw2001 said:
    Wow, a million dollars per job, that's like 100 grand a year salary for ten years.  I'm not a bit skeptical.

Yes, your sarcasm--and skepticism of politicians is warranted.  But Trump has already shown he's going to do what he says.  He's accomplished more in 1 month as PEOTUS than Obama has in 8 years actually being in office.  Trump's message is that the US is open for business.  He's going to have businesses and capital fighting to get here.  Just watch.  
    I'm afraid he actually might attempt what he said. As a long time New Yorker let me tell you this city has always considered him a joke, a buffoon, a braggart and a bully. He can now add cult leader to all of that. A man who operates on non-fact, (lies) and his followers just drink it like a Kool-aid  party in Jonestown. I am not without empathy or understanding for those that voted for him I understand it was an act of desperation for some, pure gullibility for others and worst of all a platform for neo-nazis and the KKK to justify their agenda. The ironic part is that we so called elitists will continue to prosper while the working poor will lose their healthcare, back alley abortions will make a comeback, voting laws will be written to keep minorities from voting against the entrenched Republican Washington. I predict Trump will be impeached before his 100th day in office due to his blending of his office and his enterprises. The only bad side of this is his VP will be even worst for this country. Suckers. 
    Who are you referencing with "we so-called elitists"? If you mean the people on this forum, I am in poverty. Trump is a major risk to me.
    liquidmark
  • Reply 43 of 52
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    apple ][ said:
    Way to go!

That's what happens when there is a doer in charge, and not a golfer! :#

This is just the beginning! 

The greatness has already begun! :)
    Doer? Obama Care Repealing: not happening. Building the Wall: not happening. Muslim registration: not happening. Hillary Prosecution: not happening....and tons more shits not happening. He got your vote and now he forgot all those!
    singularityliquidmark
  • Reply 44 of 52
    apple ][ said:
    Way to go!

That's what happens when there is a doer in charge, and not a golfer! :#

The greatness has already begun! :)
    Are you for real? Please tell us you forgot the /s tag.

liquidmark
  • Reply 45 of 52

sdw2001 said:
    Wow, a million dollars per job, that's like 100 grand a year salary for ten years.  I'm not a bit skeptical.

Yes, your sarcasm--and skepticism of politicians is warranted.  But Trump has already shown he's going to do what he says.  He's accomplished more in 1 month as PEOTUS than Obama has in 8 years actually being in office.  Trump's message is that the US is open for business.  He's going to have businesses and capital fighting to get here.  Just watch.  
    W T F has he accomplished?! Are you naive enough to believe Softbank raised $70 billion because of Trump since election day? Your hyperbole clearly shows you're one of Trumps "not so smart" people that blindly hang onto everything he says.
    singularityliquidmark
  • Reply 46 of 52
    dysamoria said:

spice-boy said:

sdw2001 said:

I'm afraid he actually might attempt what he said. As a long time New Yorker let me tell you this city has always considered him a joke, a buffoon, a braggart and a bully. He can now add cult leader to all of that. A man who operates on non-fact, (lies) and his followers just drink it like a Kool-aid  party in Jonestown. I am not without empathy or understanding for those that voted for him I understand it was an act of desperation for some, pure gullibility for others and worst of all a platform for neo-nazis and the KKK to justify their agenda. The ironic part is that we so called elitists will continue to prosper while the working poor will lose their healthcare, back alley abortions will make a comeback, voting laws will be written to keep minorities from voting against the entrenched Republican Washington. I predict Trump will be impeached before his 100th day in office due to his blending of his office and his enterprises. The only bad side of this is his VP will be even worst for this country. Suckers. 
    Who are you referencing with "we so-called elitists"? If you mean the people on this forum, I am in poverty. Trump is a major risk to me.
    You're in "poverty" yet you can apparently afford a computer or phone capable of posting here? Poverty ain't what it used to be!
    gtr
  • Reply 47 of 52

jcdinkins said:
    freerange said:
    sdw2001 said:

You're as full of shit as Trump is. He has done squat except put forth a bunch of incompetents at his side, and bribed Carrier to keep just some of their jobs here, but most are still going to Mexico. That is most certainly NOT what he promised. And to think, as Trump claims, that the investment would not have been made had he not won the election is just typical Trump BS. SoftBank already raised this money with a clear intention in mind.
    Yep you heard about the 800 staying but not so much about the 1300 leaving.  Dude also needs to delete his twitter account.
    Let him keep tweeting from his personal handset. That will make him an easier target thanks to signal triangulation.
    liquidmark
  • Reply 48 of 52
    apple ][ said:
    Way to go!

That's what happens when there is a doer in charge, and not a golfer!

The greatness has already begun!
    Uh, Obama creates over 200,000 jobs per month bro

also, keep in mind that trump loves golf.
    How did Obama allegedly "create" these jobs?
    By turning the economy around.

Also a lot of Obama's programs that the republicans are trying to repeal, actually create jobs. The thing about 'tax and spend liberals' is that their programs need people to facilitate them in both the private and public sectors. That's how Bill Clinton ended out his presidency with a huge surplus while Reagan and both bush's had giant deficits.
    edited December 2016
  • Reply 49 of 52
    dysamoria said:

spice-boy said:

sdw2001 said:

You're in "poverty" yet you can apparently afford a computer or phone capable of posting here? Poverty ain't what it used to be!
    Not him but I can go out to mac of all trades right now and buy a Mac that's capable of surfing the web, posting here and watching vid on YouTube for less than $100. Not to mention used/old pc's and android devices. Hell, I had a buddy that used to build PC's for almost nothing just by dumpster diving in the city. Not to mention the public library, which offers free internet and free computer use.
  • Reply 50 of 52

spice-boy said:

sdw2001 said:

I can't believe your post has an equal number of likes and dislikes. How some people don't see the warning signs that Trump's presidency is a disaster in the making blows my mind. Maybe some believe his paying off Trump University scam victims is a sign of greatness?

singularity
  • Reply 51 of 52
    k2kwk2kw Posts: 2,075member
    dysamoria said:
    sdw2001 said:

So, here's the proof I was looking for that Trump voters would be entirely unable to witness Trump proving his lies to be lies. Or that they support the absolute rotten scum Trump is planning to put in power as he "drains the swamp" (and fills it with sewage). 

What Trump has "accomplished" is setting the stage for worse fascism than the USA has had thus far. And you celebrate.
    Trump will raise Tarrifs and after Tim Cook had been in Guantanamo for a couple months he will decide its time to build iPhones in America ,