Apple AirPods now available to purchase, deliver Dec. 21

Comments

• Reply 21 of 62
    AirPods availability in US already moved out to Dec 29. So much for a stocking stuffer.
  • Reply 22 of 62
    larryjwlarryjw Posts: 1,031member
    They missed the holiday season. It doesn't count that the AirPods are now for sale. Just a theory, not a fact. 
  • Reply 23 of 62
    flaneur said:
    mac_128 said:
    macxpress said:
    Oh good...now people can stop bitching about these. You all better damn well buy them too if all you did was complain about them not being available for the past month and a half. 
    Let's see how fast ship dates start to slip, and whether they make it under the tree by Christmas Day, without any operational defects or issues. Never underestimate how much people love to bitch.
    Yeah, I remember very well all the shit you in particular stirred up about the Apple Watch at launch.
    Glad I'm not the only one who was scratching his head. "Wait a minute, but weren't you..."
    brucemcmac_128watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 62
    larryjw said:
    They missed the holiday season. It doesn't count that the AirPods are now for sale. Just a theory, not a fact. 
    Unless you got one of them that shipped Dec. 21 that is, so not fact?

And what is your overall point? That Apple experienced a problem or error? Well that's obvious, yeah. Is the point that they're now DOOMED? Or that Cook sucks? Or Steve Jobs...? Or...? 
    mac_128watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 62
    Ordered mine be here Dec 21...Looked to order another set and it is saying 4 weeks now
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 62
    Just saw the notice and ordered. Expected delivery date is Jan 12th although Apple typically beats their online estimates. Would be a nice surprise if they make it by Christmas but doesn't look like that will happen.
  • Reply 27 of 62
    mubaili said:
    ordered 6. plan to sell 4 on ebay or amazon
    Congratulations.
  • Reply 28 of 62
    Jan 12th delivery as well. Wish I would have had a notification when they finally dropped. Hoping they arrive in stores and I can finesse a pair out and cancel the online order.
  • Reply 29 of 62
    Now says 4 weeks. Thanks Apple. Merry Christmas.
  • Reply 30 of 62
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,275member
    Dang-it. I hesitated an hour and the delivery went from 12/21 to four weeks. Oh well.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 31 of 62
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    flaneur said:
    mac_128 said:
    macxpress said:
    Oh good...now people can stop bitching about these. You all better damn well buy them too if all you did was complain about them not being available for the past month and a half. 
    Let's see how fast ship dates start to slip, and whether they make it under the tree by Christmas Day, without any operational defects or issues. Never underestimate how much people love to bitch.
    Yeah, I remember very well all the shit you in particular stirred up about the Apple Watch at launch.
    Glad I'm not the only one who was scratching his head. "Wait a minute, but weren't you..."
    Yup, he was the one who complained loudest about how the launch was handled. Turns out he was not interested in the Watch at all, and only bought some by standing in line at the high-end retailer in LA, and then resold them at a profit online. Or so he bragged.

What one hand complains about,the other hand profits by.
    edited December 2016 mac_128watto_cobra
  • Reply 32 of 62
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    felix01 said:
    Just saw the notice and ordered. Expected delivery date is Jan 12th although Apple typically beats their online estimates. Would be a nice surprise if they make it by Christmas but doesn't look like that will happen.
    I actually think two things happened here -- both seemingly at odds with each other:

1) demand was low based on how long it took to sell out. The tech news/blog readers have been waiting feverishly for this day, and yet here it is, widely reported as people arrive at work, and it takes over an hour for ship dates to slip. 

2) little supply sold out quickly. Given that the tech world jumped on these as soon as they were available, selling out within an hour, given little demand, there wasn't likely a huge stockpile, otherwise they would have put them on sale a week earlier.

Had Apple made any kind of announcement about pre-orders this week, greater demand from a wider base would have produced more iPhone like results where they sell out within minutes. its clear that much of Apples core customer base (the average non-tech blog reading consumer) had no idea these had gone on sale finally.
  • Reply 33 of 62
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    mike1 said:
    Dang-it. I hesitated an hour and the delivery went from 12/21 to four weeks. Oh well.
    You have people on this forum admitting to buying a half-dozen just to scalp most of them on eBay. We can say those people are douchebags, but Apple really should have limited the number that could be purchased.
    StrangeDayspscooter63mac_128
  • Reply 34 of 62
    Already on eBay for $1000 bucks! It was only a matter of time.
  • Reply 35 of 62
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    Soli said:
    JonDiesel said:
    Did anyone else notice the BeatsX headphones now say "Coming February" ?
    I did. This means that the previous rumour about it being about syncing each earpiece is BS or BeatsX has its own separate issue. It's looking like an issue with the new W1 chip, but we may never know.
    There is nothing wrong with BeatsX. Apple is holding them back do that folk go for the AirPods. 
  • Reply 36 of 62
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    I'll buy when they come in black. :-)

• Reply 37 of 62
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    grangerfx said:
    I feel the worst for the average customers who don't read tech-blogs, wanted these and didn't even get a shot at it, because Apple didn't issue any kind of press release to give people a chance to line up to play the on-line order lottery. On the other hand, when the average customer realizes they won't be available for a few more months still, nothing will change from their reality yesterday, which is they had no idea when they would be released if ever, and had to move on. Of course now they have a date, so that's just another month or two of managing whatever work-around they've been dealing with since Apple removed the headphone jack.
    edited December 2016
  • Reply 38 of 62

mac_128 said:
    grangerfx said:
    I feel the worst for the average customers who don't read tech-blogs, wanted these and didn't even get a shot at it, because Apple didn't issue any kind of press release to give people a chance to line up to play the on-line order lottery. On the other hand, when the average customer realizes they won't be available for a few more months still, nothing will change from their reality yesterday, which is they had no idea when they would be released if ever, and had to move on. Of course now they have a date, so that's just another month or two of managing whatever work-around they've been dealing with since Apple removed the headphone jack.
    What on earth are you talking about? W1 powered headphones offer better convenience, but they don't offer ANY new functionality that without which requires a "work around". My wired and wireless headphones work perfectly with a 7. 

You try real hard to paint a narrative, don't you?

Give it up dude -- you don't work for Apple, you're not head of engineering and you weren't consulting on how they should design their product and roadmap. You're offended. We get it. But here's the thing -- while you're busy complaining every day, we're using this great product and deriving great value from it every day. How is this possible??! lol
    edited December 2016 pscooter63chaickaicoco3mac_128watto_cobra
  • Reply 39 of 62
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    mac_128 said:
    grangerfx said:
    "I feel the worst . . ." — Believe me, I can only admire your hearfelt empathy for the poor. bereft Apple iPhone 7 customer. It must be very hard to be as magnanimous as you. Apple is so mean.  
    StrangeDayspscooter63brucemcicoco3mac_128watto_cobra
  • Reply 40 of 62
    flaneur said:
    mac_128 said:
    grangerfx said:
    "I feel the worst . . ." — Believe me, I can only admire your hearfelt empathy for the poor. bereft Apple iPhone 7 customer. It must be very hard to be as magnanimous as you. Apple is so mean.  
    No doubt. Thank god that in 4 weeks our national nightmare will be over!
    brucemcmac_128watto_cobra