Yield problems at TSMC could disrupt March launch for new iPads - report

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 42
    k2kwk2kw Posts: 2,077member

I think most people get the Surface Pro or Surface Book because they are looking for a very light laptop.    The chart above should really include the MBP.

But the appeal of the SP4 is that after using the SP4 like a laptop at a desk, you can detach the keyboard and use it as a tablet.  That's a big advantage for the SP4.,

but the SP4 isn't as good a tablet as the iPad which has an accelerometer and optional builtin in Cell Chip.   I'll buy a SP4, SP5, or SurfaceBook when they include internal Cell Chip (but not those crap Intel GSM chips).

Apple really needs to get behind the TouchBar (even though its kind of gimmicky), because its Apple's alternative to MicroSoft's Window's Full Touch screen.

Apple can't be seen as being behind technically to PCs.   So they really need to release TouchBar on MaBook, iMac, MacPro, and MacMini in 2017 with updates to those machines.    Said upgrades need to be better than the MBP's rollout.   

edited December 2016
  • Reply 42 of 42
    tmaytmay Posts: 6,453member
    k2kw said:

I think most people get the Surface Pro or Surface Book because they are looking for a very light laptop.    The chart above should really include the MBP.

But the appeal of the SP4 is that after using the SP4 like a laptop at a desk, you can detach the keyboard and use it as a tablet.  That's a big advantage for the SP4.,

but the SP4 isn't as good a tablet as the iPad which has an accelerometer and optional builtin in Cell Chip.   I'll buy a SP4, SP5, or SurfaceBook when they include internal Cell Chip (but not those crap Intel GSM chips).

Apple really needs to get behind the TouchBar (even though its kind of gimmicky), because its Apple's alternative to MicroSoft's Window's Full Touch screen.

Apple can't be seen as being behind technically to PCs.   So they really need to release TouchBar on MaBook, iMac, MacPro, and MacMini in 2017 with updates to those machines.    Said upgrades need to be better than the MBP's rollout.   

I saw an article of a poll/internal study that stated that most of these hybrids are used primarily as laptops. I suspect many people buy them with the assumption that they will have capability to use the detached tablet for "real work", but most actually using it will be browsing or viewing content.

Apple is likely more correct than not about the market, and covers it with two product lines, but MS has to sell what they have, so far with a middling result.

I agree that Apple needs to continue highlighting interesting uses of the Touchbar to consumers and developers, and definitely see the need for a separate keyboard with Touchbar for iMac's.

edited December 2016