Elago W3 Stand stand makes a charging Apple Watch look like a miniature Macintosh 128K

Posted:
in Apple Watch edited January 2017
Accessory producer Elago's W3 Stand for the Apple Watch turns heads with a nostalgic look, allowing Apple's wearable to look like an original iconic Macintosh while charging.

Produced from silicone to prevent scratching of the Apple Watch, the W3 Stand holds the charger at an angle that lines the watch face with where the screen of the Macintosh would normally be. Using Nightstand mode, the time and date on the Apple Watch is correctly oriented, creating the illusion of a small Macintosh displaying the information.

The stand itself isn't entirely brand new, and has already been available to buy for a few months. The original announcement by Elago for the stand's launch took place in November of 2016, and that it has only recently become popular online.

Elago is selling the W3 Stand in a choice of black and white versions for $13.49. It's also available on Amazon.

Originally launched in 1984, the Macintosh is considered one of the most important products in Apple's history. The computer made an impact as the first to use a graphical user interface with a mouse, fundamentally changing the way computers would be used in the future.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 24
    Cool! Me am teh buy. What an age!
  • Reply 2 of 24
    bloggerblogbloggerblog Posts: 2,462member
    Brilliant!! Makes me wanna buy the watch just for the stand :smile: 

albegarcpscooter63watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 24
    That's awesome
    albegarcwatto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 24
    Sweet!

(Ordered).
    edited January 2017 albegarcwatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 24
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,152member
    Love it 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 24
    Must have!

I have Elago's R1 Intelli Cases for my Apple TV 4 remotes and LOVE them.

Without the case:

1. The remote easily slides out of my hands and onto the floor or down inside furniture.
    2. I touch the trackpad unintentionally causing undesired operation.
    3. The remote gets dented, cracked, and/or scratched when it hits the tile floor.
    4. I can't tell which end is up in the dark.
    5. The remote scratches my furniture.

Elago's case solved all of these problems and created absolutely none. Their products appear well thought out and well made. I'm happy to see they have a solution for my Apple Watch, too!
    anantksundarampscooter63watto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 24
    Hi printed that a year ago. Copyright fraud? http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1216409
  • Reply 8 of 24
    Wow, that makes me miss my Mac 128K. That machine got me through college in the 1980s. I should have kept it.
    80s_Apple_Guywatto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 24
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,834member
    Hi printed that a year ago. Copyright fraud? http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1216409
    What is copyright fraud?
  • Reply 10 of 24
    zroger73 said:
    Must have!

I have Elago's R1 Intelli Cases for my Apple TV 4 remotes and LOVE them.

Without the case:

1. The remote easily slides out of my hands and onto the floor or down inside furniture.
    2. I touch the trackpad unintentionally causing undesired operation.
    3. The remote gets dented, cracked, and/or scratched when it hits the tile floor.
    4. I can't tell which end is up in the dark.
    5. The remote scratches my furniture.

Elago's case solved all of these problems and created absolutely none. Their products appear well thought out and well made. I'm happy to see they have a solution for my Apple Watch, too!
    Thanks for this - first 4 are a problem for me too - especially #2 and #4 ( this is not clever design many people frequently use remotes in near darkness)
    ordered 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 11 of 24
    jSnivelyjSnively Posts: 429administrator
    What is copyright fraud?
    In China? Nothing :p
    pscooter63watto_cobra
  • Reply 12 of 24
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,842moderator
    This falls neatly into the category of 'let's fill our lives with unnecessary crap that, in geologic terms, will find its way to a landfill in the blink of an eye.'  Humans.  Ugh.  
    edited January 2017 Soli
  • Reply 13 of 24
    Very funny little tribute product. I like it.
  • Reply 14 of 24
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,834member
    This falls neatly into the category of 'let's fill our lives with unnecessary crap that, in geologic terms, will find its way to a landfill in the blink of an eye.'  Humans.  Ugh.  
    Personal tastes vary. Classic mac fans may appreciate it. I imagine every home is filled with stuff other people would find to be unnecessary crap. 
    pscooter63watto_cobra
  • Reply 15 of 24
    jkichlinejkichline Posts: 1,369member
    Only if someone had copyrighted/patented it. If not, no. Plus if anything, Apple would possibly sue as they likely due hold a patent on the design.
    Soliwatto_cobra
  • Reply 16 of 24
    jkichlinejkichline Posts: 1,369member
    Also... not sure what you mean by "fraud". I think you meant "infringement".
    Soliwatto_cobra
  • Reply 17 of 24
    Wow, that makes me miss my Mac 128K. That machine got me through college in the 1980s. I should have kept it.
    Still have mine! :-)
    pscooter6380s_Apple_Guywatto_cobra
  • Reply 18 of 24
    Happy New Year to you too. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 19 of 24
    robin huberrobin huber Posts: 3,949member
    White or black? What about original beige?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 20 of 24
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member

Elago is selling the W3 Stand in a choice of black and white versions for $13.49. It's also available on Amazon with free Prime shipping.

I believe that's beige, and if they're being accurate, it's PMS 453. Of course there was never a black Mac, so that's definitely not for the purist.
    watto_cobra