Airborne lost my G4 Powerbook and Apple couldn't care less.

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    [quote]Originally posted by OBJRA10:

<strong>Alcimedes, hahaha I always thought that IANAL simply meant that the poster was warning us ahead of time about serious personal issues so that we could keep that frame of reference at the forefront of our perception of their post.

Anyway

MR FANTASTIC. If you don't get any help, please let me know. I'll throw some weight your way if I can. As I mentioned, I know personally Attorney General Lockyer of California, and would be happy to call him if it gets that far.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Thanks for all the info. Some of my co-workers actually proposed that I should get a lawyer and now I'm thinking I should. I have contacted a good friend of mine who's a lawyer and I'm awaiting some suggestions from him, perhaps he might even take on the case for me.

More news as it happens...
  • Reply 22 of 27
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    if you plan on going down that road, start documenting everything as of right now.

call up folks at either place and try to get them to confirm what's happened in the past. good documentation of events goes a loooong way.
  • Reply 23 of 27
    Update:

I finally spoke to Scott Sellman this evening and he said that he had squared up with Airborne and that I would be receiving a new 1Ghz G4 Powerbook in roughly seven days. Great news...just wished it hadne't had happened because about ten minutes ago, I recieved a personal phone call from Steve Jobs!

Well...not exactly Steve Jobs, but a woman claiming to be a his personal assistant. She said they got my letter and that they would take every measure to make sure this wrong was righted. She profusely apologized and said she would call me back tomorrow with an update. Of course, I informed her that I had spoken to Scott and things were rolling, but regardless, I think I ruffled enough feathers to shake up Apple's customer support and make sure this doesn't happen again!

More news when I actually get the replacement Powerbook.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    i think they've been reading your posts and saw you were gonna lawyer up.......and then the earth started to move under their feet.....it's amazing what a "fixer" or the threat of one can do.

[ 01-20-2003: Message edited by: superkaratemonkeydeathcar ]</p>
  • Reply 25 of 27
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    Well, Stagflation...we naturally await your brilliant follow-up post.

If you like, I can write it for you--it'll start with "see? you need a lawyer now!" and end with "hot processors--no quality--no speed!"

Let me know if i missed anything.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    Your experience reminds me a little of when I had my G4 Cube fixed. It was supposed to be a simple fix and they ended up replacing the whole unit outright. Luckily, I didn't have anything personal on the drive but you never know where those drives will end up or who will browse through it at the repair center.

So if you send anything in, don't have anything too important or personal (or pr0n) on the drive.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    When I was a tech we had contests on who could find the most pr0n on a customer's hard drive. It seems most mac users that brought their systems in never had nearly as much as some of the Windows boxes that came in. Naturally, I always lost...