POWER BOOK 667 OR 800 Ti ? What would you get??

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I need your help.At a local computer store here they have 2 Brand New Sealed in the Box a 800 and 667 Titanium G4 Powerbooks at a reduced priced at $2097 (800) and $1797 (667). The 800 has 512 Ram 40 Gig Hard Drive and an airport card installed. The 667 has 256 Ram 30 gig hard Drive. My question to you! Will I see a difference in speed between the two. For $300.00 more you get more for your money but it is worth it. This is my first notebook and I have also heard they get very hot. Please let me know if you were me WHAT WOULD YOU GET?? Or should I wait for for new ones to come out later this year. My understanding is these 2 notebooks are reduced at a rock bottom price and it is hard not to pass by. Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    The 800, no doubt. There are significant performance differences between the two models... And the RAM alone justifies the extra 300$...

But you might want to consider the new 12" powerbook?

[ 01-19-2003: Message edited by: New ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 9
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    lol, yeah how about neither and get the 12" Powerbook? That is if you don't mind the screen size.

Edit: Bah, I keep forgetting the 12" Powerbooks don't have the L3 Cache. Get the 800 Powerbook.

[ 01-19-2003: Message edited by: MCQ ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 9
    jmoneyjmoney Posts: 133member
    Honestly bro, I would def check out the 12" Powerbook. I mean, for a portable computer (assuming you already have a desktop now) it's just what you need. For me anway, starting up my own web design business and also being in school, hands down bang for the buck the Powerbook 12" is the way to go. I've got my students dev discount which makes it even more affordable, not that I wouldn't shell out the extra and pay retail if need be. (Might be able to get an ipod with my savings) I went down to my own local CompUSA and they also had two Ti667's that they were trying to "hook me up with" for only $2099 each with their 3 year warranty. I pretty much told them to go fist themselves when I can get a faster machine, with more HD space, more ram, and a faster processor for less money.. And I mean who honestly cares about some friggin CrapUSA warranty??
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Bah, I can't read. Disregard.

[ 01-19-2003: Message edited by: MCQ ]</p>
  • Reply 5 of 9
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Go for the 800.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Thanks for the advice but I decided to sell my CUBE and my 22in Display and get a 17in Powerbook next month..Like Steve said ..THIS IS THE YEAR OF THE NOTEBOOK..
  • Reply 7 of 9
    And RDF got one more...
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Wow, congrats on the new Powerbook, lol hopefully you'll get it reasonably soon
  • Reply 9 of 9
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Good choice.

Besides, Apple and other resellers often have had the 667 for $1699. I suspect this will even drop considerably more once the "new" 15" is announced.