Apple.com switches web font from Myriad to San Francisco

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,879member
    Somebody loves to use British english vernacular -- why use "bespoke" rather than the US equivalent, "custom"? According to the system dictionary bespoke is usually used in reference to goods and clothing such as tailors. 
  • Reply 22 of 26
    Somebody loves to use British english vernacular -- why use "bespoke" rather than the US equivalent, "custom"? According to the system dictionary bespoke is usually used in reference to goods and clothing such as tailors. 

I think the AI style guide says "use 'bespoke' at least once per article if at all possible."
  • Reply 23 of 26
    Oh you Americans... so parochial!

(Wink!)
    singularity
  • Reply 24 of 26
    macxpress said:
    I prefer Comic Sans myself....

I say bring back the original (1984) San Fransisco typefaces!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Francisco_(1984_typeface)#/media/File:San_Francisco.png

• Reply 25 of 26

I'm surprised no one has mocked up what the Apple site would look like using the REAL San Francisco font--the bizarre, ransom-note font that debuted with the original Mac.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Francisco_(1984_typeface)

Had not read your post before I posted. ;)
    Glad you put it up (started to say got it up...).
    Great minds do apparently think (and post) alike.

@retrogusto: bravo for your mockup.  B)
    retrogusto
  • Reply 26 of 26
    loren22 said:
    Something is off about this new type font. Doesn't look right. Less professional. Less clarity. More child-like. Harder on the eyes.
    Yeah San Francisco looks worse--from designer grade to a 5th grader homework font...