Analysts raise Apple targets, see shares going as high as $156 after best-quarter ever

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 37
    AAPL ended the day today up just over 6%. Not bad!
    pscooter63cali
  • Reply 22 of 37
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Led by the blockbuster debut of the iPhone 7 series, Apple exceeded Wall Street’s expectations with its holiday quarter, sending shares of the company's stock higher and prompting analysts to revise their price targets upward.
    Ignore these bastards. They’re always wrong when they bash AAPL so why should we give them the time of day when they suddenly go positive?
    watto_cobracali
  • Reply 23 of 37
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    wood1208 said:
    Now you know why legend Warren Buffet bought Apple stock when dipped around $92 and when the smartest analysts on wall-street and rest of world was convinced Apple is doomed. Now Warren is smiling and rest who believed others crying.
    Yep. Read an article stating that Warren has made $350 million so far on his AAPL acquisition. The Oracle of Omaha knows what he is doing.
    watto_cobracali
  • Reply 24 of 37
    sog35 said:
    sog35 said:
    Services, Services, Services.

I've been saying this for over a year.

We will see $150 this year. 
    You also said about 1,000 times that Cook was an awful CEO and should be fired. So it's pretty hard to take much of your stuff seriously.
    So your opinion of people don't change when the facts change?

The facts changed. Airpods changed everything IMO. 
    No, they didn't. There were many other successes driving earnings in addition to AirPods -- Macs, Watch, iPad, Apple Pay, etc. Cooks performance has clearly been excellent the entire time, you just completely pivoted without any discernible reason. To go from wanting Cook fired for being awful to saying he's doing great "because AirPods" is not realistic.
    SpamSandwichradarthekatwatto_cobrasingularity
  • Reply 25 of 37
    sog35 said:
    sog35 said:
    Apple just booked almost $50 billion in gross services revenue

Tim Cook expects this hits $100 billion in 4 years.

That's bigger than Facebook and Google
    Who knew that book revenue was that high?  Now Apple makes more from selling books than selling music.  I had assumed that iBooks was a loser in the overall scheme of things, but it looks like it's growing nicely.
    Where is he getting this information from? Apple doesn't break out services revenue like that.
    Horace is very smart and has a ton of contacts in the industry. 
    So? Apple doesn't release that information so I don't know where his contacts would be getting it from. I have got to assume then he's just guessing.
  • Reply 26 of 37
    lkrupp said:
    wood1208 said:
    Now you know why legend Warren Buffet bought Apple stock when dipped around $92 and when the smartest analysts on wall-street and rest of world was convinced Apple is doomed. Now Warren is smiling and rest who believed others crying.
    Yep. Read an article stating that Warren has made $350 million so far on his AAPL acquisition. The Oracle of Omaha knows what he is doing.
    In the interest of transparency, Warren didn't buy Apple and was not particularly interested in tech stocks, other than IBM. He hired on two former hedge fund managers for Berkshire Hathaway and gave them wide latitude in managing the portfolio. They made an independent decision (http://on.wsj.com/2kiyqxE) to purchase Apple stock, which comprises 1.1 percent of the total BK holdings (USD $129.7B).

Nonetheless, BK did not attain the stock valuation it has because its management was ill-advised. TheStreet.com rates the funds as only a B-, but it may take fingers of only one hand to count the number of companies with better intangible stock value.

radarthekat
  • Reply 27 of 37
    idreyidrey Posts: 647member
    I am impressed with how well AAPL did today. Did not expected that at all. I' been wating for AAPL to go down  To 115 or less to buy some more, and damn, it went the complete opposite direction. There seems to be a lot of different factors going right for Apple right now. And that's good, but, now I don't know if i should wait a little and observe the market see how is AAPL going to behave or buy some more right now. decisions, decisions.
  • Reply 28 of 37
    idrey said:
    I am impressed with how well AAPL did today. Did not expected that at all. I' been wating for AAPL to go down  To 115 or less to buy some more, and damn, it went the complete opposite direction. There seems to be a lot of different factors going right for Apple right now. And that's good, but, now I don't know if i should wait a little and observe the market see how is AAPL going to behave or buy some more right now. decisions, decisions.
    A Trump trade war with China could screw it up in the short run, which I would treat as an opportunity to buy lots more if there was a significant dip (e.g., if it goes to $115). 

idrey
  • Reply 29 of 37
    Meanwhile, the idiots at the Wall Street Journal:

Cheaper Rivals Eat Away at Apple Sales in China 

Upstarts like Oppo challenge the tech giant in the world’s largest smartphone market

• Reply 30 of 37
    idrey said:
    A Trump trade war with China could screw it up in the short run, which I would treat as an opportunity to buy lots more if there was a significant dip (e.g., if it goes to $115). 

I agree and I've thought of that, but let's not forget that trump is business man and he might actually do a good job. I'm was not for trump, but he is the president now and he is not a stupid person, on the contrary the son of a bitch is very smart, he just doesn't know how to express him self. 
  • Reply 31 of 37
    Meanwhile, the idiots at the Wall Street Journal:

Cheaper Rivals Eat Away at Apple Sales in China 

Upstarts like Oppo challenge the tech giant in the world’s largest smartphone market

I was just looking at that. Always trying to crash Apples party. Imbeciles is what they are. They still don't understand that these companies make little to no profit. They most be so butt hurt at the wsj right now.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 32 of 37
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    Analysts: Apple is doomed!!!

*Apple reports record breaking quarter*

Analysts: ok they're not doomed. 
  • Reply 33 of 37
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    idrey said:
    idrey said:

I agree and I've thought of that, but let's not forget that trump is business man and he might actually do a good job. I'm was not for trump, but he is the president now and he is not a stupid person, on the contrary the son of a bitch is very smart, he just doesn't know how to express him self. 
    "Let's not forget . . ." — you're including me and everybody else in that phrase. 

I don't forget that he's a businessman, I never thought he was a businessman, but a con man, yes. He and his advisers, who are smarter than he is and tell him what to think (he doesn't read, and he can't do nuance or concepts) are capable of destroying Apple's international system overnight.

They're ideologically opposed to the cooperative, mutual-benefit global businesses of the future. Apple doesn't do "America first." Simple as that. Not smart enough.
    edited February 2017
  • Reply 34 of 37
    sog35 said:
    RonnnieO said:
    sog35 said:
    RonnnieO said:
    We can thank Tim Cook and his huge stock buyback program for this.The revenue growth was a given with the extra week in the quarter but without the stock buyback we  wouldn't have seen growth in EPS and the stock would have tanked.Thank you Tim. 
    If you listened to the conference call you would not have said such non-sense.

1. The extra week was of little help since the 7+ was supply constraint. And so was Airpods and Watch.

2. The extra week did not help in the compare YoY because the 7 sold a week earlier than last year. Meaning more launch phones were sold in the previous quarter (Sept) then last year.

3. Last year there was a $700 million profit from the Samsung trial. No such thing this year

4. Currency caused profits to be down 5% if not more.

5. Apple was left with far less inventory this year than last year.  Apple's sell through was MUCH higher than last year.

Taking all that into consideration Apple sales was up about $8 billion from last year. That is a MASSIVE number.

My point was about the EPS. YOY net income was down but EPS was up because of the stock buyback.
    You are still not listening. Net Income YoY and EPS would be EVEN HIGHER if:

1. You take into consideration the $700 million legal reward from 2015

2. That 2015 had 1 extra week of the iPhone launch

3. Currency headwinds that decreased profits by at least 5%. Even more if increases in prices caused less sales

4. iPhone7+, Airpods, Watch, and Macbook was not supply constraint. The 6s was not supply constraint last year.

5. Inventory was as high as last year.

Again this was all discussed in the conference call last night.
    Yes it would have been higher 'IF' all those points you make but the fact remains EPS WAS  higher because of the stock buybacks. Maybe now Tim will buy your 10 shares so you will go away.
  • Reply 35 of 37
    analogjackanalogjack Posts: 1,073member