Rumor: Apple to launch 'iPad Pro 2,' red iPhone 7, 128GB iPhone SE at March event

Comments

• Reply 41 of 79
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Obviously, greedily, the introduction of a 128 GB SE sees Schiller can (I'm dyslexic; 'can'?) the 64 GB model and the $449 price point. His nickname should not be mini-Steve, but rather Mr. upsell. 
    edited February 2017 brucemcpulseimages
  • Reply 42 of 79
    Seriously doubt there will be a 128 SE. They include more storage in the premium models, not the starter models.
    The premium models have 256 GB.
  • Reply 43 of 79
    bitmodbitmod Posts: 267member
    That is just not true, Surface Pro can run the entire Adobe CC Suite, and the Xd Surface preview rocks!

Maaaaaan, I just want CC to run on all my new iMac's and Laptops.
    Illustrator crashes almost every day and overall performance is very disappointing.

spheric
  • Reply 44 of 79
    bloggerblog said: That is just not true, Surface Pro can run the entire Adobe CC Suite, and the Xd Surface preview rocks! 
    The 12.9" iPad Pro could run the entire Adobe CC Suite as well. The CPU/GPU are more than powerful enough, and the amount of RAM is no longer a barrier either. It really just boils down to whether or not Adobe thinks it makes economic sense to create full-fledged iOS versions of their legacy desktop software. 
    edited February 2017 sphericpulseimagespscooter63radarthekat
  • Reply 45 of 79
    hentaiboyhentaiboy Posts: 1,252member
    MplsP said:
    For me, the 0.1 second improvement in response time isn't as much of an issue as the extra year before it's too slow to be useable and obsolete.
    Can someone explain to me why a device that is plenty fast when released suddenly becomes "too slow to be useable" only 2 years later?
    pscooter63
  • Reply 46 of 79
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,152member
    I wouldn't class the SE as an entry phone. Apple doesn't make entry phones.   The SE exists because enough iPhone fans clamoured for a smaller iPhone.  Why not differentiate iphone sizes on size only (well, and price and battery life of course) and have roughly feature parity? That would make a lot of people happy.
    edited February 2017 pscooter63roundaboutnowbaconstang
  • Reply 47 of 79
    entropys said:
    I wouldn't class the SE as an entry phone. Apple doesn't make entry phones.
    It costs less—that's his point. It's $399, not $9,999, or whatever a 7 costs these days.
    edited February 2017 GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 48 of 79
    Amy28Amy28 Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    I've got my fingers crossed for a USB port on the iPad, but haven't heard anything yet that hints at that being a possibility.
    GeorgeBMacirelandwilliamlondon
  • Reply 49 of 79
    Don't. Care. Got my new MBPwTB15i. Busy using it until next iPhone comes out. Off to conquer the world :)
    GeorgeBMacwatto_cobraradarthekat
  • Reply 50 of 79
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    ireland said:
    Obviously, greedily, the introduction of a 128 GB SE sees Schiller can (I'm dyslexic; 'can'?) the 64 GB model and the $449 price point. His nickname should not be mini-Steve, but rather Mr. upsell. 
    I disagree on the greed.  The SE is a low cost base model.  As such, its buyers are less likely to take on a $120/yr Apple Music payment and instead download songs as wanted.  That increases the need for additional storage.
    watto_cobraradarthekat
  • Reply 51 of 79
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    entropys said:
    I wouldn't class the SE as an entry phone. Apple doesn't make entry phones.   The SE exists because enough iPhone fans clamoured for a smaller iPhone.  Why not differentiate iphone sizes on size only (well, and price and battery life of course) and have roughly feature parity? That would make a lot of people happy.
    Yes, it is smaller.   A lot of people like that.
    It is also substantially cheaper because it is not using bleeding edge components.   A lot of people like that.

Can it be both smaller and cheaper?
    irelandwatto_cobra
  • Reply 52 of 79
    Amy28 said:
    I've got my fingers crossed for a USB port on the iPad, but haven't heard anything yet that hints at that being a possibility.
    Interesting thought.   But, if it happens, I suspect that that will be somewhere down the road.
    Right now two things involved appear to be in flux: 
    -  Connectors/Ports:  Do we need a lightening port (Iphone)?   Or maybe a USB-C (MBP)?  Or, maybe nothing (Apple Watch).
    -  How close will the IPad Pro come to be being a laptop and when?  I see an external mouse/trackpad as being a logical extension of the external keyboard.   But putting in a USB-C...   Ummm...   That would be serious laptop competition.  I suspect that more than a few commenters here would self-implode.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 53 of 79
    Amy28 said:
    It likely won't happen, but it would be very interesting. Of course only a USBc port would make sense (as opposed to another type of USB port). And were it included Lightning would have to go. Jony Ive wouldn't sleep with two of those ports in there and consumers would be confused.
    edited February 2017
  • Reply 54 of 79

Don't. Care. Got my new MBPwTB15i. Busy using it until next iPhone comes out. Off to conquer the world :)
    One of these days you'll feel whole enough so as not to use the things you have to compensate for the emptiness you feel inside. Peace
  • Reply 55 of 79
    ireland said:
    I disagree on the greed.  The SE is a low cost base model.  As such, its buyers are less likely to take on a $120/yr Apple Music payment and instead download songs as wanted.  That increases the need for additional storage.
    The greed part was directed toward there no doubt no longer including a 64 model and in turn its price point.
    edited February 2017 baconstang
  • Reply 56 of 79
    xbitxbit Posts: 390member
    elijahg said:
    It's not really being compiled as a binary that can be used on other devices though is it? And what if I want to write C for a microcontroller instead of Swift for an Apple device?
    Yes, you can write C on an iPad.

I think your use case is pretty niche though. I doubt many Surface users are doing that either!

pscooter63chia
  • Reply 57 of 79
    Amy28 said:
    Interesting thought.   But, if it happens, I suspect that that will be somewhere down the road.
    Right now two things involved appear to be in flux: 
    -  Connectors/Ports:  Do we need a lightening port (Iphone)?   Or maybe a USB-C (MBP)?  Or, maybe nothing (Apple Watch).
    -  How close will the IPad Pro come to be being a laptop and when?  I see an external mouse/trackpad as being a logical extension of the external keyboard.   But putting in a USB-C...   Ummm...   That would be serious laptop competition.  I suspect that more than a few commenters here would self-implode.
    Being fixated on this mouse cursor thing—stop.
    pscooter63chia
  • Reply 58 of 79
    appexappex Posts: 687member
    Just bring real computers: Mac Pro, Mac mini and MacBook Pro. No jail, true USB ports, decent fully accesible file system, no need to send you files by eMail to get them on other Mac, no application sandboxing, open and work with any file from any source, full compatibility with the world (Windows, Linux, etc), run also other operating systems via Boot Camp or VMware Fusion, much powerful, and much, much much more...
  • Reply 59 of 79
    linkmanlinkman Posts: 1,035member
    hentaiboy said:
    MplsP said:
    For me, the 0.1 second improvement in response time isn't as much of an issue as the extra year before it's too slow to be useable and obsolete.
    Can someone explain to me why a device that is plenty fast when released suddenly becomes "too slow to be useable" only 2 years later?
    I think he/she is referring to Windows arthritis. But for MacOS or iOS, it is a real thing when the content gets so demanding that it requires faster hardware. Web page designers (and advertising networks) assume that the general population is getting faster connections and faster CPUs and scale up accordingly. It's like an arms race. Application designers are the same way to a degree.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 60 of 79
    The iPad Pro had changed my entire workflow for the better and not only does Apple need to be aggressive with its design, but also its promotion. The iPad Pro can do anything a Surface can do but Apple isn't telling anyone about it because they don't want to hurt MacBook sales, which I think is foolish. 
    If this is true, explain to me why I need to use iTunes on the desktop to get my personal video library saved to my iPad Pro? I love my iPad but until I don't need to use desktop iTunes it will never be a complete PC replacement.
    You don't need iTunes to save your videos on the iPad. You can use any iOS application that offers a Windows or OS X transfer option or that supports WebDAV.
    edited February 2017