Pic of computer setup - 2003

Comments

• Reply 161 of 627
    Pyah, a glimpse of my life, including my favorite pants.

- Rev D iMac in tangerine: seems to be a popular item, but I got mine for free.

- 1Ghz Titanium, loaded (not free)

- Dell 18.1" monitor: Dell lost money when they sold it to me

- Toshiba 24" TV. . . "The Mummy" was on.

Not Pictured: Toshiba Satellite 550Mhz
  • Reply 162 of 627
    I got my iMac Rev. D Tangerine for free as well... thanks to my sister's co-worker (first time Mac buyer)... but soon it will be on eBay.
  • Reply 163 of 627
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    [quote]Originally posted by thegelding:

<strong>

thanks SJP...i need a cool computer to make up for a small...... :eek:

Luca Rescigno...

love this mouse...great feel...very nice scroll...5 buttons, dual optical...also comes in wireless. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Have you ever had probs with this mouse? The one I bought gives Kernel Panics to my Mac
  • Reply 164 of 627
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member

Running dual 'books here while I set up a new PowerBook for someone.

You know, as much as I convinced myself this 12" display on the iBook was good... nice.. big enough - man, crack open a 15" PowerBook, and it's just no contest. These babies ROCK.

I can't even imagine how awesome it would be to have a 17" display on this.... unreal!

[ 02-10-2003: Message edited by: murbot ]</p>
  • Reply 165 of 627
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Murbot, is that printer the Epson Photo 820? Looks just like the one I have. I got it for Christmas and the ink light came on today... perhaps a bit too many 'test prints'... It's an excellent printer though.
  • Reply 166 of 627
    [quote]Originally posted by murbot:

<strong>

You know, as much as I convinced myself this 12" display on the iBook was good... nice.. big enough - man, crack open a 15" PowerBook, and it's just no contest. These babies ROCK.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Having an 18.1" and the built in 15.2" makes me realize that the monitor is really the most important feature of a computer. I laugh at people with great machines and shîtty monitors. They don't know what they're mussing.
  • Reply 167 of 627
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    [quote]Originally posted by iBrowse:

<strong>Murbot, is that printer the Epson Photo 820? Looks just like the one I have. I got it for Christmas and the ink light came on today... perhaps a bit too many 'test prints'... It's an excellent printer though.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well, it doesn't work so hot if you have a 2 year old trying to figure out how many books, juice bottles, and crayons will fit inside of it... before turning it on.

I get better print quality on a 5 year old fax machine.

I just haven't gotten around to smashing it with a hammer on video... heh heh.
  • Reply 168 of 627
    Well, Murbot, perhaps if you didn't keep the printer on the floor, your darling little one wouldn't so easyily ram crayons inside?? Just a thought.

David

Perhaps you can give the iBook to the other person and keep the PB?? If he/she isn't a big Apple person, maybe they won't notice.

[ 02-11-2003: Message edited by: David Cronenbergs Mutant Love Child ]</p>
  • Reply 169 of 627
    How ironic that when I took this photo, there was an Apple commercial on TV! Anyway, for all interested... here you go.

• Reply 170 of 627
    [quote]Originally posted by Splinemodel:

<strong>Pyah, a glimpse of my life, including my favorite pants.

Not Pictured: Toshiba Satellite 550Mhz</strong><hr></blockquote>

...maybe you won't care but Red Bull is bad - it will fk-up your kidneys.
  • Reply 171 of 627
    [quote]Originally posted by /mandolux/:

<strong>

...maybe you won't care but Red Bull is bad - it will fk-up your kidneys.</strong><hr></blockquote>

i eat straight bull testicles to get my taurine.
  • Reply 172 of 627
    [quote]Originally posted by Jonathan:

<strong>

i eat straight bull testicles to get my taurine.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Thems are empty cans. . . I feed it to my plant. (only kidding). Nonetheless, they come in handy when you have four days to simulate an extension to the StrongARM instruction set on a Xilinx FPGA.

Accoring to the red bull website, Taurine is not derived from bovine testes. . . . Meh, what do they know. Bring on the bull's testicles.

As for my kidneys, what doesn't kill them makes them stronger. And believe me, they and my liver are going to be tested this Saturday.
  • Reply 173 of 627
    ...just be careful.

You don't want to end up like those poor fools who need to have their blood clean-up by a machine.
  • Reply 174 of 627
    ok, just picked up a 12" PB tonight. here are photos of it sitting side-by-side with my 15" PB.

<a href="http://homepage.mac.com/alcimedes/PhotoAlbum7.html"; target="_blank">http://homepage.mac.com/alcimedes/PhotoAlbum7.html</a>;
  • Reply 175 of 627
    New 12" Powerbook with my Samsung 172T LCD. Very sweet. My Cutie DX firewire enclosure next to it matches the PB perfectly.

[ 02-13-2003: Message edited by: icruise ]</p>
  • Reply 176 of 627
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    At some point, I found a site/gallery of pictures like this. It was kind of an "ipods around the world" for computer setups.

Anyone know where this is? I can't find it for the life of me.

Cheers

Scott
  • Reply 177 of 627
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by midwinter:

<strong>At some point, I found a site/gallery of pictures like this. It was kind of an "ipods around the world" for computer setups.

Anyone know where this is? I can't find it for the life of me.

Cheers

Scott</strong><hr></blockquote>

<a href="http://www.ipodlounge.com/"; target="_blank">Here ya go</a>
  • Reply 178 of 627
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>

<a href="http://www.ipodlounge.com/"; target="_blank">Here ya go</a></strong><hr></blockquote>

Thanks, but I meant that it was LIKE "ipods around the world," but in place of pictures of people's iPods, there were pictures of people's computer setups.

Cheers

Scott
  • Reply 179 of 627
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by midwinter:

<strong>

Thanks, but I meant that it was LIKE "ipods around the world," but in place of pictures of people's iPods, there were pictures of people's computer setups.

Cheers

Scott</strong><hr></blockquote>

Oh ok. I thought you meant that site since they have a gallery of "iPods around the world".
  • Reply 180 of 627
    icruise:&gt;&gt; with the 12" monitor spanning...do you find a performance lag/slowdown?. I tried doing it with my 800DVI to a 21"CRT and the performace was a big letdown.