Leaks show off Samsung's Galaxy S8 & S8+ ahead of March 29 reveal

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    avon b7avon b7 Posts: 7,665member
    JinTech said:
    Feels like another product being rushed to market to beat Apple. We'll see how this one pans out for Sammy. 
    I predict lots of cracked displays.
    I see tons of Edge phones everywhere and perhaps as a result of the screen, without cases, but not one single cracked screen so far.

I'm not a fan of virtual buttons unless there is some guiding built into the hardware. In bright sunlight it's difficult to hit the button.

However, a rear placed fingerprint scanner with gesture support can get around that problem but that is not Samsung style.
    edited February 2017
  • Reply 42 of 48
    avon b7 said:
    JinTech said:
    Feels like another product being rushed to market to beat Apple. We'll see how this one pans out for Sammy. 
    I see tons of Edge phones everywhere and perhaps as a result of the screen, without cases, but not one single cracked screen so far.

I'm not a fan of virtual buttons unless there is some guiding built into the hardware. In bright sunlight it's difficult to hit the button.

However, a rear placed fingerprint scanner with gesture support can get around that problem but that bis not Samsung style.
    Really... That's your proof... You don't see a single cracked screen... The burden of proof is way low around here!
    That curved display is not as though as a flat display, simple as that.
     Maybe they're just taking good care of it because it is more fragile, or maybe your power of observation are not up to the task, who knows really; both are just as plausible.
    redgeminipa
  • Reply 43 of 48
    foggyhill said:
    avon b7 said:
    JinTech said:

However, a rear placed fingerprint scanner with gesture support can get around that problem but that bis not Samsung style.
    Really... That's your proof... You don't see a single cracked screen... The burden of proof is way low around here!
    That curved display is not as though as a flat display, simple as that.
     Maybe they're just taking good care of it because it is more fragile, or maybe your power of observation are not up to the task, who knows really; both are just as plausible.
    Who even spoke of proof or trying to prove anything?

Certainly not me. It was a reflection, an observation, an opinion.

Why jump to wierd conclusions simply taking out of thin air that I was trying to prove something? And then you use it as a platform to rant on the toughness of one solution or another.

If you want to go down that route it isn't even a question of which is harder but if one is hard enough. Samsung obviously did its own testing and found it good enough and my experience travelling around and seeing a huge (and I mean HUGE) amount of Edge devices - without protective cases - and not one single cracked screen lends weight to that even if it doesn't prove anything. I hope you understand that.

On your point on care I will say that the vast majority of users I have seen fall into the.under thirties group. More fashion conscious and often less care friendly (especially the late teens/early twenties group).

Before you  jump again, remember it's a simple observation.
  • Reply 44 of 48
    I keep thinking this was an Apple Insider site, not Samsung Insider which might be dangerous to visit as it might blow up in your face.
  • Reply 45 of 48
    evilutionevilution Posts: 1,399member
    levi said:
    Looking forward to seeing Apple's response.
    You have it back to front. This is Samsung's response to what they know Apple will be releasing.
    Samsung have taken all of the rumours and the stolen information and tried to make the same phone but 1st.

C'mon, Samsung are even on number 8 to try and beat Apple to their 8.
    How is that possible unless it's been purposely engineered to be that number?

Apple released the iPhone 10 years ago and are rumoured to be releasing number 8.
    Samsung released their Galaxy S only 6 years ago and are about to release number 8.
    Now that Samsung have caught up, I bet they alter the numbering system of the Galaxy phones to stay in line with the iPhone numbering.
  • Reply 46 of 48
    evilution said:
    levi said:
    Looking forward to seeing Apple's response.
    You have it back to front. This is Samsung's response to what they know Apple will be releasing.
    Samsung have taken all of the rumours and the stolen information and tried to make the same phone but 1st.

C'mon, Samsung are even on number 8 to try and beat Apple to their 8.
    How is that possible unless it's been purposely engineered to be that number?

Apple released the iPhone 10 years ago and are rumoured to be releasing number 8.
    Samsung released their Galaxy S only 6 years ago and are about to release number 8.
    Now that Samsung have caught up, I bet they alter the numbering system of the Galaxy phones to stay in line with the iPhone numbering.
    Samsung blatantly copied the iPhone but that's history and the first iPhone is history too. All companies bring ideas to market. Some are successful and others are not. Successful elements are often picked up by other companies. 

The numbering system is often marketing but everyone understands it. It really isn't the big bad wolf. 

Samsung is major rival for Apple and vice versa. Neither company can let the other one up it for long. 

The idea that Android manufacturers can somehow 'steal' Apple's ideas and rush them to market first doesn't make a lot of sense.

Apple wasn't first with dual lens photography. Should we say that someone got wind of the idea and brought out a product with dual lenses just to steal Apple's thunder?

Huawei has ultra fast charging that leaves Apple's charging tech in the dust. Should we say they stole it from a planned future iPhone?

If Apple introduces gestures for the fingerprint scanner, what would we say?

• Reply 47 of 48
    k2kwk2kw Posts: 2,075member
    OLED screens copying Samsung, Facial Recognition copying MS, Is there anything new for the new iPhones?    Android have had Qi wireless charging for a long time.

Would be nice to know how iOS is going to be updated.   Hopefully the can squeeze in updates to the Mac Pro, Mac Mini, and iMac this year.