Superbowl commercial from Apple?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Does anybody know if we will be seeing a Superbowl commercial from Apple? If there will be a Superbowl commercial from Apple, I sure hope it is the Powerbook with MiniMe Commercial.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Nope, no Apple commercial.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>Nope, no Apple commercial.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Saturday, January 25, 2003 6:21 PM

I also asked the same question on one of the MacCentral forums. I got this response:

---------------------------------------------------

.. Apple will be announcing something rather significant in a Super Bowl commercial. I cannot be sure, because my source will not even tell me what is going on.

He just told me, "Watch the Super Bowl for a MAJOR announcement from Apple... and that's all I can say... sorry!"

So unless Apple decides to back out of the commercial or announcement, this friend of mine is generally right on the money when he lets go of certain little tidbits such as this.

So I figure, at the very least, watch for a really cool Apple Super Bowl commercial... new announcement/product or not.

Whatever... we'll see.

---------------------------------------------------

So I guess we should all watch the Superbowl and pay particular attention to the commercials just in case he or she is correct.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    jeez, someone else watch it for me.....if it weren't for the commercials on the superbowl broadcast this overblown spectacle would have died out years ago taking the pitiful NFL with it.

now they've even cleaned up the half-time show, losing all the kitschy goodness of the old days. (think michael jackson singing with children, or patti labelle chasing indiana jones amidst dancing aliens with hula-hoops, oh man those were great!)

all that's left is the commercials, and now they even have shows about the commercials that the superbowl is going to air!

i think apple will announce their video playing, glow-in-the-dark, mobile phone, ipod.

there, that ought to stir things up.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    sebseb Posts: 676member
    <a href="http://www.ctnow.com/features/lifestyle/celebrity/hc-yaoming0125.artjan25,0,7843916.story?coll=hc-ent-headlines-breaking"; target="_blank">This article</a> says they are.

The MinMe and Yao Ming one.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    one of those things i hate about being in canada... we don't get ANY of the u.s. commercials, even though our broadcast comes from BUFFALO!

i'll be glad to get back to the U.S.A.? someday.