Second Apple Retail store in Cologne, Germany opening in Schildergasse on March 25

Posted:
in General Discussion
An update to the Apple Germany webpage revealed that the previously rumored second Cologne Apple store will open in Schildergasse on March 25.

A lit Apple logo was noticed only partly hidden behind tarps at the former Pohland store on Schildergasse at the end of January. Interior construction at the time was concealed by an array of black curtains obscuring the interior.

Apple has 14 stores in Germany, which is one of the company's bigger markets. Other shops are scattered across the country in Augsburg, Berlin, Dresden, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Hannover, Munich, Oberhausen, Sindelfingen, and Sulzbach.

The current Cologne outlet in Rhein Center, located inside its namesake mall. A Schildergasse location will give Apple another downtown outlet, but a bigger and street-facing location, increasing the company's exposure. It may also alleviate shopping and service traffic at Rhein Center.

Much of Apple's retail expansion in the last two years has taken place overseas rather than in the U.S., since most of the U.S. major cities are already covered by more than one establishment. The company is also rumored to be working on a second Belgian store, based in the city of Bruges.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    oberpongooberpongo Posts: 182member
    The location is well chosen. It's in the center of Germany's most frequented downtown shopping street. 
  • Reply 2 of 13
    oberpongo said:
    The location is well chosen. It's in the center of Germany's most frequented downtown shopping street. 
    Actually it's the most frequented shopping street of Europe with 13000 visitors per hour. 
    cali
  • Reply 3 of 13
    Bin schon sehr gespannt wie er von innen aussehen wird. War bei der Eröffnung des Geschäftes in Weiden. Nun habe ich also bald den Apple Store in 15 Minuten Laufweite. Und vielleicht haben sie die AirPods da am Eröffnungstag. 
  • Reply 4 of 13
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,801member
    simonCGN said:
    Bin schon sehr gespannt wie er von innen aussehen wird. War bei der Eröffnung des Geschäftes in Weiden. Nun habe ich also bald den Apple Store in 15 Minuten Laufweite. Und vielleicht haben sie die AirPods da am Eröffnungstag. 
    Can you please post this in English so people can actually read and understand this?
    StrangeDays
  • Reply 5 of 13
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,544member
    He was at the opening in Weiden and is excited to see what the store will look like. It's a 15-minute walk from his home. Hopefully they'll have AirPods in stock on opening day.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    macxpress said:
    simonCGN said:
    Can you please post this in English so people can actually read and understand this?
    It goes something like this
    I am very curious to know how it will look from the inside. Was the inauguration of the business in pastures. Now I will soon be the Apple Store in 15 minutes walking distance. And perhaps you have the AirPods because on the opening day

I used https://www.freetranslation.com
    for the translation.

• Reply 7 of 13
    macxpress said:
    simonCGN said:
    It goes something like this
    I am very curious to know how it will look from the inside. Was the inauguration of the business in pastures. Now I will soon be the Apple Store in 15 minutes walking distance. And perhaps you have the AirPods because on the opening day

I used https://www.freetranslation.com
    for the translation.

I know I could have used a translator, but I (possibly others) are not going to continuously translate his posts so I was making a point. 
    StrangeDays
  • Reply 8 of 13
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    Tarps and curtains. 

While others would post a huge "COMING SOON" sign, Apple always so secretive. Gotta love them. 
  • Reply 9 of 13
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    macxpress said:
    simonCGN said:
    Geez, you could see it as an opportunity to learn some German. Or just accept that you can't bend the world to suit your every American whim.
    ai46ddawson100
  • Reply 10 of 13
    flaneur said:
    macxpress said:
    simonCGN said:
    Geez, you could see it as an opportunity to learn some German. Or just accept that you can't bend the world to suit your every American whim.
    No...not when this is an English site. If this were a German site I wouldn't come in speaking French and expect everyone to learn how to translate it or learn the language. 
    bestkeptsecret
  • Reply 11 of 13
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    Not worth being rude over. Plenty of people can read and speak German and French here. It has an international readership. 

• Reply 12 of 13
    flaneur said:
    Not worth being rude over. Plenty of people can read and speak German and French here. It has an international readership. 

I'm not being rude...I'm simply requesting that things be posted in the language of the forum. Of course it does and everyone else that posts here posts in English....thats for a reason. 
    bestkeptsecret
  • Reply 13 of 13
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,544member
    flaneur said:

He wasn't being rude. 

If anything, just posting in your non-English native tongue on an obviously English-language forum is rude. 

It's like the American customer just walking into a store here I used to work at and asking questions in English - no hello or "excuse me, do you speak English?"
    He was lucky I'm pretty forgiving (and fully bilingual), aber ein anderer hätte ihn wahrscheinlich ignoriert, wenn nicht sogar rausgeschmissen.