Rumor: Apple's 'iPhone 8' might not feature full-screen OLED sans home button, to launch l...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,877member
    jdw said:
    So many new Apple products seem to ship "long after release." I had a 2016 MBP 15" on order for a month, but then cancelled because I refused to wait any longer. The AirPods? Are you kidding? Great new products from Apple are fine and well, but they need to start shipping the day of their announcements. That would be a radically good change for them.
    I would like magical things as well.
    doozydozennetmage
  • Reply 22 of 29
    jbdragonjbdragon Posts: 2,311member
    Rumors are rumors and I take them with a grain of salt. Why worry about it all that much? I'll buy a new iPhone when I think the time is right to do so. My first iPhone was the iPhone 4. That was a huge change with the new body and the Retina screen. That for me was the time to get a iPhone. I had the phone for over 4 years before I saw the time was right again with the iPhone 6 getting the 4.7" display. I'm still using this phone. Will this year be the year I get a new iPhone, whatever it's called? I have no idea until Apple shows off the phones for real. Will I buy a new iPhone this year or hold out and go a 4th year with my iPhone 6? I have no Idea. I like that the phone is paid off and so my cell service bill is much cheaper now then it was. I get more value out of the phone then just upgrading every 1 or 2 years. It's also a bigger upgrade waiting longer. With Apple supporting older hardware as long as they do and gaining new features with each major OS update. It's almost like getting a new phone anyway. I don't have Force Touch, but not a big loss. Faster speed? Phone still runs pretty good. I'll wait and see the news from Apple and make up my mind at that time to Upgrade or wait another year.
  • Reply 23 of 29
    doozydozendoozydozen Posts: 539member
    Well, if the model is marketed as 10th anniversary than the window for release is small. There will be only 1 quarter left of the year when Apple releases the 7s. That's a 4 month window. So if the rumor is true, the iPhone Edition will debut before the end of the year. 

Hey AI, can you please, PLEASE stop referring to the model as "iPhone 8." It's going to be awkard next year when the iPhone rumormil ramps up again to discuss the real iPhone 8. 

• Reply 24 of 29
    subbiessubbies Posts: 71member
    Isn't there usually pictures of a new phone by now? It's March and we still have these contradicting rumors. 
  • Reply 25 of 29
    yojimbo007yojimbo007 Posts: 1,165member
    Rayz2016 said:
    If Apple is planning to release the phone in the Autumn, then it's highly unlikely that they're still prototyping. 

The problem I have with these made-up stories is that they give the impression that Apple is floundering about close to the beginning of the manufacturing process and is still not sure what will go into the phone or what it will look like. 

The reality is that Apple is buttoned up so tight that the rumour pages don't know what's going on. In order to keep up the page clicks they need to buy some time between now and when the first actual product leaks appear. In order to do that they're rolling out lots of stories saying that "Apple hasn't decided yet". 

And/or its deliberate disinformation to push those sitting on the fence waiting for the next version to just go and pull the trigger now on a 7...
  • Reply 26 of 29
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,949member
    Rayz2016 said:
    If Apple is planning to release the phone in the Autumn, then it's highly unlikely that they're still prototyping. 

The problem I have with these made-up stories is that they give the impression that Apple is floundering about close to the beginning of the manufacturing process and is still not sure what will go into the phone or what it will look like. 

The reality is that Apple is buttoned up so tight that the rumour pages don't know what's going on. In order to keep up the page clicks they need to buy some time between now and when the first actual product leaks appear. In order to do that they're rolling out lots of stories saying that "Apple hasn't decided yet". 

LoL this is so spot-on.
    In the future Apple will release a new phone to replace the one it currently sells. It will have some new features that differentiate it from the one it replaces. Many people will buy this phone if it is in their plans to buy a replacement for the phone they currently have.
    Love it!
  • Reply 27 of 29
    As far as I'm concerned, the iPhone 8 is what the iPhone 7 was supposed to be.
    Let's see it. Not another watered down in-between product. The full concept. Full screen, bezel-less from edge to edge to edge to edge, embedded TouchID, etc.

If it takes another month or two, announce the lineup and launch in October or even November.
    Just don't put out a half-baked, watered-down product.
  • Reply 28 of 29
    xzuxzu Posts: 139member
    OOOO, i get it the screen is gonna be longer so that they can add a touch bar to the iPhone for emoji like the MacBook Pro. I was wondering why they would change the screen proportions, seemed like it would be havoc for developers. Now we can easily access stuff from a dedicated area. Doink. 
  • Reply 29 of 29
    bushman4bushman4 Posts: 858member
    Waiting for years to see Apple eliminate the bezels and home button. It's been 3 years since the last hardware refresh.  Time is now
    Apples had 3 years to figure this out. Thank the lord for Samsung innovation or we'd be 5 years behind
    Charge the price but give us Top Technology