Supply chain suggests Apple's 'iPhone 8' will sport mildly curved Samsung OLED screen

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    subbiessubbies Posts: 71member
    In previous years we have seen pictures of an upcoming iPhone from the supply chain by now. What's going on this year?
  • Reply 22 of 27
    mac-daddymac-daddy Posts: 151member
    aaronj said:
    mac-daddy said:
    I wish Apple would go back to their innovative ways instead of copying Samsung every year. 
    Is this satire?
    No. 
  • Reply 23 of 27
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    mac-daddy said:
    I wish Apple would go back to their innovative ways instead of copying Samsung every year. 
    You forgot to add the "/s".
    StrangeDayswatto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 27
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member
    aaronj said:
    zroger73 said:
    I can list several disadvantages of curved screens right off the top of my head.

I can't think of any advantages.
    But ... but ... but ... what about being able to read notifications when the phone's lying on the table?!?!?!

:)

Upside down notifications...or did they fix that?

Of course, everyone assumes it will be a convex curve of some kind. What if they make it concave? So that it collects dust, moisture, etc in the centre of the screen? Think of the possibilities.

No, I can't think of any either, but I'm sure there must be at least one...

watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 27
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,844member
    Yeah, what's this fixation on curved edges? Curved glass edges would seem to make the phone even harder to hold onto, as well as make it more "fragile." And what the hell is the usefulness of a curved display?

But it'll be the best thing ever when Apple does release a curved screen. Same story with a larger screen. 
    Nope, different people have different needs. The people who chastised large screens aren't the ones buying them. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 27
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,844member
    mac-daddy said:
    Nonsense. Apple innovates, Samsung copies. Their shell designs are usually complete rip offs. Sometimes Samsung will rush a product to market based on rumors of what Apple is doing, but it's usually crap. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 27
    bluefire1bluefire1 Posts: 1,301member
    Title: Supply chain suggests Apple's 'iPhone 8' will sport mildly curved Samsung OLED screen
    "Suggests": to cause one to think that (something) exists or is the case.
    I'll wait until Tim makes the official announcement in September to see what's what.
    watto_cobra