Apple launches special edition (Product)Red iPhone 7

Posted:
in iPhone edited December 2019
Available this Friday, new (Product)Red versions of the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus represent an entirely new color for Apple's iPhone lineup, joining jet black, black, silver, gold, and rose gold.

The new (Product)Red iPhone 7 marks the latest in Apple's longstanding 10-year partnership with (Red), which supports HIV/AIDS programs that provide counseling, testing, and medicine that prevent the transmission of HIV from a mother to her unborn child.

Apple has raised over $130 million to date through the sale of (Red) products. The "special edition (Product)Red iPhone 7 will be available to order at 8:01 a.m. Pacific this Friday, March 24.

It's available in capacities of 128 and 256 gigabytes, starting at $749 for the 4.7-inch iPhone 7, and $869 for the 5.5-inch iPhone 7 Plus. While the back of the handset is red, the Apple logo on the back remains silver.

Every (Red) purchase contributes directly to the global fund to fight AIDS. Apple also offers cases, smart batteries, headphones, Apple Watch bands and more in (Product)Red styling.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 40
    So it looks like they've killed the iPad mini 2 [which I sort of understand (although my guess was that its price would drop further or stay the same)] but now the only version of the iPad mini 4 is the 128 GB one and it's more expensive than the new iPad - that makes no sense to me. I think they prefer people to buy the larger screen iPad? 
  • Reply 2 of 40
    dachardachar Posts: 330member
    Really pleased to see Apple are continuing is support this worthwhile cause but not what l would call "something special".
  • Reply 3 of 40
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    so no iPad?
    harry wild
  • Reply 4 of 40
    NY1822NY1822 Posts: 621member
    Getting less attention is Apple's new video editing App....all signs are pointing to their own social network...hopefully this year

http://www.apple.com/clips/

https://www.cnet.com/uk/news/apple-clips-social-video-app-goes-vertical-and-square/
    edited March 2017 equality72521
  • Reply 5 of 40
    asdasd said:
    so no iPad?
    I think the Air is now just called "iPad" and its price dropped a little
  • Reply 6 of 40
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,801member
    petterf said:
    Red is nice but I'd like to see some new Mac Pros and minis as well.
    Why? Do you plan on buying both? Why do you care so much about the MacPro and Mac mini? They make very little money for Apple. Is Apple somehow temporarily not doomed because they have a new MacPro on the market now?
    edited March 2017
  • Reply 7 of 40
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,905member
    This specific Red color so so amazing. I remember buying Red ipod for my daughter when Apple first time introduced. Thank to Apple who support good cause. I like to see Samsung/LG or those Chinese companies do one bit.
    edited March 2017 equality72521spice-boycalidoozydozenration alwatto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 40
    Wow, looks red hot... but won't catch fire, unlike another maker's product!
    spice-boycalidoozydozenwatto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 40
    Very nice, would have preferred a black face with the red personally but still nice. I have a product-red leather case on my gold 6S just now and have teamed it with a black tempered glass screen protector.
  • Reply 10 of 40
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,350member
    asdasd said:
    so no iPad?
    The iPad Air 2 has been replaced with a new iPad that's just called iPad.

A9/M9 instead of the A8x/M8, nothing else jumped out at me.
    doozydozen
  • Reply 11 of 40
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,350member

macxpress said:Why? Do you plan on buying both? Why do you care so much about the MacPro and Mac mini? They make very little money for Apple. Is Apple somehow temporarily not doomed because they have a new MacPro on the market now?
    Dumbass post.

Why do you care so much what he wants? Are you paying for it? A lot of people want something more than a light-lifting consumer product. Who but you said anything about Apple being doomed? And what new MacPro is on the market now?

dachar said:
    Really pleased to see Apple are continuing is support this worthwhile cause but not what l would call "something special".
    I think it is a little special, but not so much about the SE and iPad.

petterf said:
    Red is nice but I'd like to see some new Mac Pros and minis as well.
    I doubt it'll happen this year, but if and when it does, it'll probably be a separate timing or event from iPhone/iPad kit, depending on the degree of updating or upgrading.

Very few people have been pleased with the current MacPro and the new entry level mini is even more lackluster than previous models, especially with the soldered RAM.
  • Reply 12 of 40
    igorskyigorsky Posts: 752member
    dachar said:
    Really pleased to see Apple are continuing is support this worthwhile cause 
    There you go... changed your comment from something petty to something more supportive of a good cause.
    edited March 2017 doozydozen
  • Reply 13 of 40
    supadav03supadav03 Posts: 503member
    I'm into it. Think I'll go trade in my matte black for the red 256gb plus. 
    calidoozydozenwatto_cobra
  • Reply 14 of 40
    zroger73zroger73 Posts: 787member
    Introducing...

The iPhone (TARGET)EDITION.
    doozydozenicoco3
  • Reply 15 of 40
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,613member
    Ugh! Would have rather had a black front. White is whack!
    london11Deelrondoozydozen
  • Reply 16 of 40
    mr omr o Posts: 1,046member
    mazda 3s said:
    Ugh! Would have rather had a black front. White is whack!
    Agree. Black front & glossy red back would be :*

>:x  
    london11patchythepiratedoozydozenwatto_cobra
  • Reply 17 of 40
    rogifan_newrogifan_new Posts: 4,297member
    Hmm...another iPhone where Apple was able to color match the antenna lines. So is not matching them with the gold and rose gold models just an aesthetic decision on Apple's part? Also why do the color versions only get white front? Does Apple think only women buy the colored models?
    edited March 2017 harry wilddoozydozen
  • Reply 18 of 40
    bigpicsbigpics Posts: 1,397member
    zroger73 said:
    Introducing...

The iPhone (TARGET)EDITION.
    Making the iPhone great again....??  
    doozydozen
  • Reply 19 of 40
    Damn that looks good in red. I bet they sell a ton of these.
    ration alwatto_cobra
  • Reply 20 of 40
    sog35 said:
    london11 said:
    So it looks like they've killed the iPad mini 2 [which I sort of understand (although my guess was that its price would drop further or stay the same)] but now the only version of the iPad mini 4 is the 128 GB one and it's more expensive than the new iPad - that makes no sense to me. I think they prefer people to buy the larger screen iPad? 
    Apple hates the iPad Mini ever since they released the 6 Plus.

And why wouldn't they? The 6 Plus makes much more profit. 

I would not mind the Mini disappearing all together in the near future.
    I take offense to your comment since you are not a user of the mini and just want to be mean!  The iPhone 8 will take care of the Plus size iPhone in time too!  Stupid!