iPhone 7, IOS11 questions

Posted:
in iPhone
I am ready to replace my iPhone 4s running IOS6 with either a 6S or 7. 

Questions:
1) Anybody know if the iPhone 7 comes with Gorilla glass 5? I saw a couple of videos on youtube where they literally dropped an iPhone 6 and 7 side by side and the 7's screen did not crack or break while the 6's did which leads me to think that they are using it (or the videos have been expertly edited to fool viewers). If I knew for certain that the 7 came with GG5, I would buy it.

2) Is IOS11 scheduled to have an interface design changed like they did from IOS 6 to IOS7? Its been long enough... I never liked the IOS 7 and on design (specifically the lollipop-ish icon colors on many of the icons) which is why I still run IOS6 on my 4s and it would annoy me to have to endure those colors many times/day for the next several years on a 6s or 7.

(Alternatively, I wish Apple would allow skins for their IOS or give us several choices to choose from in the settings...)

Thanks in advance to all who answer.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,556member
    2) Anybody who knows at this point can't tell. It is extremely unlikely, though. Honestly, if you'd give the new interface about ten days, iOS 6 would seem incredibly tacky and quaint by the end of that time. 
  • Reply 2 of 5
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,402member
    Thanks Spheric.

I talked to an Apple employee at a local best buy and asked him if the glass in the iPhone 7 was harder than the iPhone 6 and he said yes and that it doesn't use Gorilla glass. 

If he's correct, that's fine with me. I just want a phone that the glass doesn't break that easily and the iPhone 7 seems to have a much stronger glass than the iPhone 6 based on a few youtube videos that I saw.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Got my new iPhone 7 yesterday and so far, I am really impressed with it. And its MUCH faster than my 4s. Even starting to like the interface already and now don't care if there is or is not a design change in IOS 11.  Spheric, you were correct regarding giving the interface time to get used to.

edited March 2017 spheric
  • Reply 4 of 5
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,556member
    sc_markt said:
    Got my new iPhone 7 yesterday and so far, I am really impressed with it. And its MUCH faster than my 4s. Even starting to like the interface already and now don't care if there is or is not a design change in IOS 11.  Spheric, you were correct regarding giving the interface time to get used to.
    Wow, that was fast. :smile: 
  • Reply 5 of 5
    "All the new iPhones will run iOS 11, a mobile operating system that will include a refreshed user-interface and will be announced in June at the company's annual conference for developers, according to a person familiar with the matter."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-04-18/apple-readies-iphone-overhaul-for-smartphone-s-10th-anniversary

Answers my second question in the OP (if the Bloomberg source is correct) but too late now because I'm ok with the current interface design...