Apple acquires automation app Workflow, title to remain on App Store for free

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    What I find curious about this acquisition is that after 20+ years, apple recently closed down their Mac automation division. So, does this imply no automation for macOS but only iOS. If so, that would be some turnaround.
    Yes, I was hoping WorkFlow might get ported to MacOS. I would have thought that the desktop is a better candidate for automation than the mobile. 
    cornchipcornchip
  • Reply 22 of 28
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    I'm amazed Apple didn't have this already with their history of Apple Script and Automator for macOS.  In fact I am surprised Automator.app for iOS doesn't exist.
  • Reply 23 of 28
    I bought this app and I've never used it once. I think it would be gracious of Apple to refund everyone's money.
    Interesting logic there.  🤔
    Soliai46pscooter63cornchip
  • Reply 24 of 28
    hexclockhexclock Posts: 1,243member
    I downloaded this app to play with. It keeps crashing after the first few welcome screens. Using on a 5s. 
  • Reply 25 of 28
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    Rayz2016 said:
    What I find curious about this acquisition is that after 20+ years, apple recently closed down their Mac automation division. So, does this imply no automation for macOS but only iOS. If so, that would be some turnaround.
    Yes, I was hoping WorkFlow might get ported to MacOS. I would have thought that the desktop is a better candidate for automation than the mobile. 
    I thought Workflow for iOS was their answer to Automator for macOS.
  • Reply 26 of 28
    jdgazjdgaz Posts: 403member
    I use the Home ETA function all the time. Reads your location via GPS, determines time to get home in minutes, sends a text message announcing current location, and ETA to home your loved ones.
    Soliicoco3
  • Reply 27 of 28
    jdgaz said:
    I use the Home ETA function all the time. Reads your location via GPS, determines time to get home in minutes, sends a text message announcing current location, and ETA to home your loved ones.
    It's similar but I want Siri to tell me when ever I leave the house to check I have a list of things I always forget snag is the list usually includes my iPhone! lol
  • Reply 28 of 28
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member
    I bought this app and I've never used it once. I think it would be gracious of Apple to refund everyone's money.
    It has been out for about 3 years, not Apples fault you never used it.