Power adapter for my iBook....

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Might be going out of the country, where can I find a power adapter for overseas voltage (eg. 220v) I looked several places, and all I find are adapters to use my iBook on a plane, and one for at home.

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    I believe Apple has an "international power adapter kit" that has something like seven different power adapter attachments for various types of outlets. They just pop on like any of the power adapter attachments.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    [quote]Originally posted by Dallenb:

<strong>Might be going out of the country, where can I find a power adapter for overseas voltage (eg. 220v) I looked several places, and all I find are adapters to use my iBook on a plane, and one for at home.

Thanks</strong><hr></blockquote>

The ibook power supply is ready to go for 100-220v so you just need the right plug

check out the apple store for a international adapter kit. sometimes its listed in ipod accessories. It has the different 'plug-ends' that fit onto the white adapter for the ipod/ibook/powerbook.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    dallenbdallenb Posts: 142member
    [quote]Originally posted by I-bent-my-wookie:

<strong>

The ibook power supply is ready to go for 100-220v so you just need the right plug

check out the apple store for a international adapter kit. sometimes its listed in ipod accessories. It has the different 'plug-ends' that fit onto the white adapter for the ipod/ibook/powerbook.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Ive looked at apple.com, compusa.com, and various other sites. Lots of adapters for iPod, and even older iBooks, but none for the new (white) iBook.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    sebseb Posts: 676member
    Get this: <a href="http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/97/wo/8q4lrMubnHO32XiqJaM1G1qWP6V/7.4.0.3.27.10.11.0.13.0"; target="_blank">adapter kit</a>

Works with iBooks etc. The power supply automatically switches to 220 so no worries there.

[ 01-30-2003: Message edited by: seb ]</p>
  • Reply 5 of 6
    dallenbdallenb Posts: 142member
    [quote]Originally posted by seb:

<strong>Get this: <a href="http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/97/wo/8q4lrMubnHO32XiqJaM1G1qWP6V/7.4.0.3.27.10.11.0.13.0"; target="_blank">adapter kit</a>

Works with iBooks etc. The power supply automatically switches to 220 so no worries there.

[ 01-30-2003: Message edited by: seb ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hmm...I try your link and it says the session has timed out. I even got the URL and it says it is timed out. Where did you find that adapter kit?? Ive hit just about every accessory area I can find, cannot find this.

Thanks
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Dallenb, your iBook's power adaptor will automatically switch between voltages. All you need is an adaptor for the plug. Your power adaptor fits into the plug adaptor, and the plug adaptor goes into the wall. Any local electronics store should have this, and it costs like $5.